Phy's story - As you like it

Woah! I don't believe in fate, but what are the chances you'd end up with an additional baby, and happen to have an additional partner to help, eh? :D Works out well. So exciting!!!

Congratulations. Great News :D

Thanks for sharing our excitement ;)

I couldn't keep quiet about it, as my sister was the one who gave me the shots and my mother was the one who had to lend me her car, when Sward was gone working, everyone was asking if we succeeded. I told them after we had the first confirmation from my gynaecologist.

My mother was so sweet, she put the little white socks, which we used to break the news to them, over her fingers and pattered along my belly with them :) My BiL made some jokes about "Maybe there will be even more... what about quadruplets?" and started to whisper into our open windows "Quadruplets" everytime he passes :rolleyes: My sister was a bit low-key, but has complete changed from that squirrelly and outgoing teen into a quiet and serious adult. I miss her old self a bit. My brother was totally excited, I was a bit surprised how happy he was for me/us and he topped my BiL even and wanted octuplets because that would be a racing team of his own ... ;) while everyone was more or less pumped, my dad stayed quiet, but I saw that moved spark in his eyes and felt his heavy hand on my arm telling me not to be too full of expectation too soon.

He is right of course. We know that this is the early time of pregnancy and many things may happen still. But it was great to see everyone so overjoyed for our sake. Tomorrow is an important appointment. If everything is fine then, the risks get dialed down quite a notch and we will tell Sward's family at Christmas.

According to my sleep patterns, there have to be the desired octuplets inside of me, because I am sooo tired. I sleep almost all day, unfortunately I got ill as well and my hunger went down. I have lost almost 7 lbs since last week. I have to ask the doctor about this.

But overall we are doing fine. Wishing you a great Christmas, I may not have the time to check in before the Holidays again.

Thanks for sharing our excitement ;)According to my sleep patterns, there have to be the desired octuplets inside of me, because I am sooo tired. I sleep almost all day, unfortunately I got ill as well and my hunger went down. I have lost almost 7 lbs since last week. I have to ask the doctor about this.

This sounds about right. Oh, the "joys" of pregnancy :D. Don't let yourself get dehydrated.

Middle of the night at my place and I am ... awake. *sigh* One of the many nights I spend in close embrace with the toilet :p

Aside from that, everything is good. The twins are well and all of us are really exited what our lifes will be like in August. I am still sleeping a lot, but the level is dropping to normality bit by bit. Haven't gained any weight yet, haven't lost any more either. We will see.

Sward is at home right now and enjoys his usual Winter holiday, because he has so many overtime to use up still. He will be home till mid-February and is planning on restroring our first baby furniture soon. There is this old cradle my grandmother already used and a changing table my grandfather build, that can be nailed onto a wall. First careful preparations, we will wait with the rest and won't get too many things too soon.

Lin is already researching how to cook (even more :rolleyes:) healthy for me and eventually for the kids.

A big step still in front of us is talking to Sward's family. We didn't see the need to inform them about our relationship status, yet. But this has to be off the table before the children are born, I won't tolerate any alienation around them just because of this. The sooner we approach them, the more time they will have to wrap their heads around this in advance and I hope, it goes well.

I hope everyone is well :)

Hey there :)

Still well, still pregnant, still awake in the middle of the night ^.^ My rhythm is totally off since December and I guess this could be a a foretaste of what is to come in the future. My belly is starting to curve, it started about 3 weeks ago and by now I can't roll over in bed any longer without waking up.

Sward and Lin are getting more and more exited and in the case of Sward, more and more nervous day by day. On the one hand this is due to the pregnancy, but on the other we are about to buy a house. It is a big step, but after calculating everything it is the best option for our situation.

And it is such a lovely house :) An old farmhouse from 1908, completely restored and renovated, ready for us to just move in. If everything goes smoothly we can relocate at the end of May. So much space all of a sudden! 180m² living space, a huge barn-floor, about 2000m² backyard, around us cow pasture and other old farmhouses and a little village. It sounds too good to be true sometimes and I hope that this will be a step in the right direction for us and our future.

Sward is really nervous because of such great changes in our life, Lin is warming up to the idea more and more and finally found his paternal feelings as well. It took some time to get there, because he is someone who needs to slowly think about a new situation ahead, while Sward dives into them headfirst mostly. While Sward was smiling everytime he saw my belly, Lin was more careful and aware of the pressure and responsibilities. Now he started to hug me from behind, hands on my belly saying things like: "Lin wants to be a daddy soon." and such. It just feels great to experience pregnancy with those wonderful men by my side. Sometimes I feel like we can let everything happen and make everything possible :D

Looking forward to the things still to come.

I am very late, but congratulations on the pregnancy! I hope it has been and will continue to be smooth for you. Good luck with the new home. It sounds wonderful, and I am sure you all will be very happy. xo

Ry

We are hoping for that as well, Ry :) Thanks.

And thanks all for being happy for us ;) Life sure is great right now and I wouldn't be too displeased if it stays that way :D

A little update after a month has passed again.

The move is getting closer and we start to actually plan for everything thinkable and unthinkable. Or to put it better - we try to :) Of course there will be some hiccups when we are at it, we don't have a lot of time as well, because a week after our relocation date Lin's parents will visit us in our new home. We couldn't plan for it any other way and thankfully there are no huge repairs and renovations waiting for us, but it will be a close shave.

I am so looking forward to making this house ours. To shape it into something that reflects us and our style and to finally have a place, and a big one at that ;), that is ours. I realized that being a family, providing for a family, is closely connected to living in our own home for me. I can't wait to renovate and decorate the room for the babies :D

Speaking of them, they are well. It will be a boy and a girl and we found some names as well, for the present. We aren't a 100% sure yet, but I like them. Since two weeks ago they started kicking and boxing my belly, but as I have one plazenta up front and one in the back, they are well cushioned and I wasn't able to notice their movements any earlier. My mother started knitting jackets and little outfits and socks for them and some friends send the first clothes for the months after birth. Those clothes look sooo tiny, I can't imagine how they will look and fit into them and how to handle such little beings. But I am excited to find out.

The men are in nest-building-mode as well. Even though Sward is fighting with a tight schedule, as always during this time of the year, he already started the first necessary steps and preparations around the house and helps out the old Lady with getting everything in order in time. Lin is planning our most urgent renovations, colour schemes, furniture positions, materials and the organisatory things like telephone, internet and such. What leaves the official stuff to me :rolleyes: I can't count on how many documents I have put my signature.

Beside from all the happy news, Lin and I had a fight. Hm, well, not really a fight, Lin had to clarify something. It was an old story that came to hunt him down two weeks ago and he confessed that he lied to me about something about his past all the time we knew each other. It wasn't something important in general, but the lying itself was a bit hard to swallow. As I could totally understand and reconstruct what brought that lie to life initially I was quickly able to let it go, especially as it was connected to his past and had nothing to do with me or any part of his current life. He always felt bad for twisting the facts concerning that point but never found the right time and oppotunity to tell me about it.

Those would be all the news for now, I guess :) I hope you had a wonderful Easter and wish you well. See you around.

Hey there, seems like I tend to check in during the holidays ... :p I hope everyone is fine.

We sure are :) We moved into our new home a week ago (officially) and started renovating as much as possible during the week before our deadline. Still a bit of chaos around us, but things getting in the right order quite smoothly by now. The only room that is still not done yet is the study. I hope it will be ready next week, because my stuff is piling up quite a bit. I need my desk ^.^

It's so great to live here ... I love it already and I am looking forward to decorating everything and working on the comfy little home I will definitely need when the twins are with us.

Speaking of which, they are doing great as well. Week of pregnancy 30 by now and my belly is getting huge. According to my perception at least. Not as big, as some seem to expect, but I never have been pregnant, that's why I tend to be overwhelmed by all that change. But mostly I am curious to meet those two little strangers finally.

Sward and Lin are doing as much as they can to work on our new home, to take care of me (us, when taking the two little ones into account) and are as happy as I am that we really pulled this off. Our own home ... there is always some pressure mixed into this concept of thought but we are in for that challange for sure ;)

Lin's parents are with us over Whitsun and to celebrate his birthday on Tuesday. Great that they made it and Lin is so happy to see his parents again, as the last time was over a year ago. Maybe we will manage a meetup with my parents for coffee and cake, we will see.

Wishing you all the best.

Last edited:
I read your journal front to back yesterday on recommendation of NYCindie, and I am so glad I did! It was sooo helpful to read about your first early forming days, as my boyfriend is currently in the process of moving in with myself and my husband. To read that someone has gone through the same sort of emotions and issues was great. I could really emphathize with your challenges of trying to conceive too - my exhusband was discovered to be sterile after we attempted baby making for an entire year.

So yeah, thanks for such an open account of a polyfi mono/poly/mono MFM vee!

I know how good it feels to read of similar experiences :) Glad that it was of help for you. I had a look at your story and I feel, that you will need a different arrangement than we found but our story seems similar in other areas of your relationship(s) for sure.

Wishing just for the best to come your way :D

Just a little check-in during this crazy, busy time. Our twins are with us! The two little ones were born on 13th August in the evening, a tiring experience but I pulled it off without a Ceasarean and I am damn happy about that fact. I am still dealing with the aftermath of that day, because there were some complications which caused me to be bed-stricken for some days.

But all's well that ends well, right? Therefore I leave some happy greetings here and wish you some great days to come. Ours are unbelieveable for sure right now :D

Congrats on two amazing babies! I am so pleased that you are recovering well (I understand complications with twins is not unusual). How are your partners?

Back