Hello to all.

scarlettlily23

*waves*

I'm new to this forum and to polyamorous relationships. I'm 28 and single. What brought me here was a special I saw on polyamorous couples and it just resounded with me. I've always thought of myself a mono type person but I have a big heart and a lot of love to give. I've never been married, but I just can't see myself with the same guy forever. It's hard to explain without sounding mean and rude.

I'm glad I found this forum, to see so many people with like interests!

Last edited:
Hi and welcome from a fellow Marylander.

Hubby and I have been swingers since before we got married 6 years ago... now we are considering branching out to be poly since we are the kinds of swingers that require an emotional connection and friendship with our partners...

I agree about having an emotional connection; it's so important.
I've never been a one night stand type of person; I can't understand having sex without feelings.

I so understand...

Lol, I understand and don't think you sound mean or rude! I totally get it. I am bi and I don't want to choose between a man or a woman and have always joked about having one of each. People just laugh and shake their heads....;)

Welcome to the forum. You explained it just find...and without sounding mean or rude! I know...many people take being candid and honest as such but ...you're good with us! uh...I Do understand sex without feeling but I don't prefer it. Of course, we know, we can't open our emotions to everyone but the sex is great!*lol* Seriously, though, I have an extremely high libido and I have participated in the swing lifestyle for about 14 years now so...I'm wired differently.:)

@1uncagedbird- I'm with you. There is no reason why you cannot have both. :)

What brought me here was a special I saw on polyamorous couples and it just resounded with me. I've always thought of myself a mono type person but I have a big heart and a lot of love to give.

Welcome scarlettlily23!
I think a lot of us saw that special on TLC not too long ago. That woman from Colorado was just so appealing. I wonder if they are from Manitou Springs because that town is filled with modern-hippie love :) I'd love to move there someday as I have family and friends not too far from there LOL

I just wanted you to know you aren't alone in your thoughts. Monogamy lacks balance when the chips are down. I think we all definitely have a lot of love to give... whether or not my husband will ever accept me for me is another question...

I hope you find what you are looking for on this site :)
Erin

"but I just can't see myself with the same guy forever"

Did you mean you couldn't be with JUST him forever? Or did you mean you enjpy going from person to person?

"but I just can't see myself with the same guy forever"

Did you mean you couldn't be with JUST him forever? Or did you mean you enjpy going from person to person?

I couldn't be with JUST him. I'm a terrible flirt, I will admit that, and I've just never seen myself as the happily married woman with 2.5 kids. It's hard to explain. :confused:

And yeah, it was "Secret Lives of Women" on TLC.

I couldn't be with JUST him. I'm a terrible flirt, I will admit that, and I've just never seen myself as the happily married woman with 2.5 kids. It's hard to explain. :confused:

And yeah, it was "Secret Lives of Women" on TLC.

That's cool. I was just confused by the way you worded it, sorry. =] I know what you mean by not wanting JUST him though. Nothing wrong with being a little flirty either. ;] I like to myself. It's just a friendly way I approach a lot of people. =] I'm sure you'll get a lot of advice and begin to understand your feelings as I have though. Everyone here has been very helpful. =]

Back