Sacred whore

Magdlyn

Staff member
Hi, I'm Magdlyn, I'm new. I am pansexual, poly and 54 yrs old.

I've been practicing polyamory seriously since January, but have had an interest in it for a long time. I am separated from my husband for one year. We just sold our house last month. He had moved out in Sept 08. Now I am in my own apt. We have 3 young adult children.

In January I met my gf on a dating site... she's quite a bit younger than me, 22 yrs younger in fact. She's been poly all her life and is quite cool with me seeing and having sex w others. Due to rebounding from her former relationship, and NRE, she didnt start chatting with or seeing others til just recently. And now I've got my jealousy and fear to deal with. So, I feel I need more information and support.

Thanks for being here.

Last edited:
Hi, Magdlyn. Welcome to the forum.

There are some very good threads on jealousy and insecurity. Use the search function at the top of this page and you'll find plenty of useful information to help you.

Best of luck to you in this new phase of your life.

Thanks for the welcomes. :)

I guess I should explain the sacred whore bit. Altho I am sure most of you are familiar with sacred sex, aka tantra, my relationship to sacred sexuality currently is more of a qudesha, a holy one who heals with the divine feminine energy of the goddess. I have found many men i have talked to intimately in chat, or actually met and made love with, have told me how I have changed their lives, made them feel more alive, more aware and prepared to make positive changes in their lives and feelings about relationships and self actualization. My gf shares this qudesha viewpoint. We are sort of partners in crime in this sense.

Congratulations

Thanks for sharing a much needed insight into the sexual potential you as a female (sacred) were born with. You might see our post in the General thread.
We lean towards adopting the term "Slut" vs "Whore" only pointing out the difference in exchange of monies or other value <smile>
Keep on with the enlightening the world !

Grounded

Well, i know about reclaiming the word slut. Ive read The Ethical Slut (10 yrs ago tho, need to read it again). I was speaking from a "Biblical" POV, where the word qudesha (literally holy one) was commonly translated as sacred whore.:eek:

Welcome to the group. Good luck in your journey.

Well, i know about reclaiming the word slut. Ive read The Ethical Slut (10 yrs ago tho, need to read it again). I was speaking from a "Biblical" POV, where the word qudesha (literally holy one) was commonly translated as sacred whore.:eek:

Interestingly, "qedeshah" appears only 5 times in the Old Testament. It is translated as "harlot" 4 times and "whore" once.

Usually the word used is "zanah" which appears more than 93 times.

The literal translation of "qedeshah" is "temple harlot". The priestesses that were paid a "donation" for various sexual practices. This was common in the worship of Isis and Diana, amongst others. (In fact, the invention of lip-stick stems from this time. Those "temple harlots" who provided oral sex wore red lip-stick to denote their duties in the temple.)

Thank you for bringing this up. It has been a very interesting study. :)

You're welcome.

http://www.moondance.org/1997/summer97/nonfiction/sacred.htm

That goes into more detail. She makes a mistake tho, in quoting Barbara Walker, in her Dictionary of Woman's Myths and Secrets, who says that the Hebrew word hor means a cave, pit, or dark hole. This is incorrect. The Hebrew word hor means mountain and is not related to the English word whore.

Back