Menopause

bofish

Can anyone offer thoughts on menopause? Did you find it that people didn't speak of it in public? How did you get through really depressed days? Did you become more sexually wild?

Thoughts on menopause.... well, it is a normal part of a womans life...it just is, so we must deal w it...

About people speaking of it in public... I personally dont find it neccessary to discuss menopause in public in general...I certainly didnt go around bringing it up at every chance I felt it was possible, there isnt really a reason to discuss it publically as it is part of life. Why do you ask about people speaking of it?

Depressed days..well, I do have them occasionally, but really, its not bad... I find something pleasant to engage in, whatever that is, find things to stay busy and dont dwell on it, stay active...even took up riding my mountain bike again. It is part of the change the body is going through, and the symptoms are not permanent.. what dont kill you can only make you stronger.

As far as sex..I have always had a high sex drive, and that hasnt changed, nor have my sexual habits and such.

Last edited:
Can anyone offer thoughts on menopause? Did you find it that people didn't speak of it in public?

My friends and I often speak of the stages of this part of life.

How did you get through really depressed days?

I wouldn't blame menopause on any depression I suffered. I did and do get depressed from time to time and deal with it by talking to friends, going to therapy, going on an anti-depressant once for a year, and making positive changes in my life.

Did you become more sexually wild?

I became less inhibited and more orgasmic, yes. I am always capable of wildness but I got more confident as I got older and freer to give myself permission to experiment. I don't think it was hormonal as much as the confidence that comes with knowledge, wisdom and self-respect. And facing one's fears!

Back