The "How Are You Doing" Thread (redux)

I am home from my epic camping trip! I had a fantastic time at Poly camp NW and will definitely make every effort to go back again next year. I'm glad to be home and back in my own bed.

Bed.....what a wonderful word! What a wonderful thought!

I'll be getting horizontal in the next hour or so.

Four day weekend ahoy! WOOT!

I'm mentally kind of tired, but smell lightly of sweat, leather, and oil. Doing petty good thanks to not procrastinating and deciding to start pulling my stuff together for this weekend early rather then wait until tomorrow like I usually do.

Feeling industrious today - can you help!

Greetings everyone! Yes, I am feeling industrious today. Actually every since I've been put on my new ADD meds I've felt industrious every day. But more so today.

I would like to ask the advice of the group. I live in Nashville, TN and I'm sure there are others that are enjoying this life style. I am in the process of creating a meetup group for those of us in our area to plan get togethers and meet and greets.

My question to the group is how would you recommend how I reach out to this group of people to invite them?

I apologize if this is an inappropriate posting and that it is a very long posting but the meds haven't kicked in all the way just yet.

I hope everyone is having a great day so far!

If I was any better I'd be twins. Seriously.

lol ! Good one.

I had a uber-shitty morning working, but the day is slowly getting better. Weekend should be good. A big weekend for the community I live in, lots of festivities and concerts. :) We are having some company out as well, and a boat-load of kids will be running about. FUN !

Have a great weekend everyone.

So incredibly pissed right now. I just went off on someone's fb post and I don't even know this person (it was a reply to a friends post). Usually I would just ignore stupid ignorant comments made by strangers. People's intolerance and vilification of others just because they are different and don't fit into some little box, is really getting me rattled more than it used to.

Doing really good today, but wishing I were more outspoken or more brave (??) I went to my dermatologists office this morning, second time I have seen him, and he is really handsome, I am very attracted to him. And I swear he is flirting with me, but so subtly its hard to be sure :p He is married, I guess if he were single it would be easier to approach him. Oh well, he is a nice fantasy!! :D Looking forward to nice 3 day weekend at home with Hubby, think we are going to make a beer, yummy

Seriously freaking cold right now.

Had planned on going skating this morning and hubby stole the car to go to a health related appointment!! :p The NERVE! *snicker*

Wouldn't be so bad if he hadn't left the back door open which allowed all the cold outside air to pollute my warm house :p

Hubby has a date tonight with his new girlfriend. I am trying to keep my cool. He suggested I meet up with my bf, too. This could work! :rolleyes: I've been so caught up in fear and jealousy over his new girl. Maybe going to be with Butch will make things easier. Probably better than sitting home wondering.

We usually have a boundary about weekends. I don't see Butch on weekends -- that is my time with Sundance, and we have all settled in very well with our time arrangement. (Except for the couple times all 3 of us have gone out, which is extremely enjoyable). Sundance said tonight is a free pass! :p

tired, my wife had her tubes tied this morning, had to be at the hospital at 5:30, didn't get to sleep till 3. Relieved that it's over, and the wife is sleeping peacefully

Awwwwwwwwwwwesome.

Made some flares out of some old jeans and bits of purple fabric. Plus a Bolt Thrower patch to cover a hole. Been wearing them out and not caring what people thing. 35 years out of date it may be but I've finally found a style of dressing that I'm 100% comfortable with.

Been jamming with people with varying degrees of success. People with analogue gear are awesome, people with digital gear less so.

Plus the poly thing finally came up in conversation with B and it turns out it wouldn't have worked with her anyway as she said she can see why people would do it but couldn't be in that kind of relationship, which is fair enough. Now I can properly let go and get on with being her friend. :)

doing pretty damn good. Have the gaming group over (one skyped in because his wife had to work) and we're doing character creation for a Scion (table top RPG for those who are curious). To top it off, Wendigo is sitting here next to me.

Not so great. Our only car broke down this week. Hubby ignored my requests to look at it over the last month (it's been getting worse). While $600 is not a huge bill its more than we have this month. Due to all our activities and the issues with the car, I'm feeling really disconected to hubby right now and I'm not sure what to do about it.

Not so great. Our only car broke down this week. Hubby ignored my requests to look at it over the last month (it's been getting worse). While $600 is not a huge bill its more than we have this month. Due to all our activities and the issues with the car, I'm feeling really disconected to hubby right now and I'm not sure what to do about it.

I'm sorry, SNeacail. :( Runic Wolf and I treated his check engine light as the we need to change the oil light b/c it would go off once we changed the oil; that is until our transmission totally crapped out on us back in June. We had to use all the remaining money from his step father's death benefits to pay for it, which left nothing in the fund to fix the minor repairs on my new used car, so I know how frustrating that can be.

I feel your pain. I had a fight with my husband not to long ago about this very thing! Turns out, he didn't ignore me...he was avoiding the whole thing because he had a feeling about what it was n knew we didn't have enough cash to fix it... Anyway, take a deep breath, and talk things over with the hubby before your feelings stew for too long. (if you're anything like me that is) If you have a tendency to blow up when you get emotional (again this is more me lol) you might want to write things down first so you can sound more calm n logical when you talk. Good luck!

BTW, feel great for the first time in a long time! Having fun with my toddler, playing in the backyard (finally got her to put her clothes back on), playing Dance Central and laughing watching her "help" me clean. Missing my BF and my husband, but glad I can put off repeating the jealousy discussion with the BF for a little while.

Back