Anyone around Seattle?

DustimusPrime

I've not seen many people around here from Seattle. Are any of you here? I'd love to meet up and make some new friends! So if you're out there, speak up!

I feel like I have read some posts from people in Seattle, but couldn't tell you the names of the people! lol

From what I've heard, Seattle has a very, very active poly community (I'm from the PDX area and I've actually been invited to events there before but haven't been able to go yet). Have you tried meetup.com or Yahoo groups to see if you can find an already established group that gets together?

Yea I have, haven't been able to go to them yet due to schedules. I really want to though. There's also the added fact that I'm pretty shy in person, and going to a munch or meetup sounds a little intimidating.

Hi! We are here in Seattle and Poly! :)

My life partner and I just joined a new meetup group that started last week and will be holding its first meet-up this Thursday, with an RSVP list that is up to 30 so far (the limit was 25 due to meeting place size).
I'm excited to go and check out the poly crowd here in the area, which i am new to as well.
if you'd like more info or just to chat or meet up, you can message me directly: [email protected].

Good luck!! :)

Hello hello!!

We are new to the Seattle poly scene too, though not the lifestyle. (2008) but perhaps there is someone who could help us meet like minded individuals here? That would be super fantastic!! :D

oh yeah Poly's big in Seattle

The numbers and support of poly in Seattle area is continually amazing!

Tal's got it down by getting on the meetup site and finding gatherings. Turns out there are bunches and more adding all the time.

There's even a Trampoline Dodgeball:cool: meetup on the East side for one of them; How COOL is that!! (& might be a good place to meet the "younger" people of poly? Stereotyping I know but hey, 'if it works'!)

DP; it can feel a little intimidating to attend a meetup (was for me!) but bet you'll find just a few minutes into meetup you'll feel comfortable and wrapped in 'WOW' listen to this and that person looks so cool/fun/hot...

I've only attended two meetups and of the 15 to 24 that showed up most all were NEW to the meetup and/or new to poly. My First Husband has attended a few more and seems to be the same story. Makes sense that established poly's don't have as much time for those but the sheer numbers of newbies seems continuous. You will be welcomed, encouraged and most likely befriended.

One of my fav's was a guy who'd moved to SEA area from the Southwest and how he kept being COMPLETELY blown away that we were in a public coffee shop talking OUT LOUD about being poly and such because where he'd lived before that NEVER happens. In his former city, people who are different are practically scorned and are very careful to look the same, not make waves; he knew of only one person who was 'out' as gay in that SW area.

He's such a great guy and it was fantastic to see how Seattle is so NOT like that! Guess that's why even though I don't flaunt my polyness, I'm not really hiding it either.

Another FANTASTIC local resource is "The Center" CSPC (Center for Sex Positive Culture). Seriously google it! It's got an terrific library, classes, events.... It brings together all aspects of alternative lifesyles choices with the sweetest, kindest and in many cases kinkiest people!! It's unique to SEA but other met. areas are starting to duplicate it. Maybe not the best poly resource but if you cross over to 'alternative' its awesome and it was how we got introduced to the poly meetups....

Private Message me if you're looking for local coffee buddies. My first husband's an awesome guy, good buddy to have and/or we could attend a meetup with ya so you're not totally on your own. (My Other Husband is an awesome guy too in case you were wondering bout my FH phrasing:p, LOL--just that OH lives 90 mins north)

Cheers! & best of luck!
~Delph

P.S. PB's if I meet your mtn girl I'll send her your way;)

New too

I am not new to Seattle, but new to Poly. I'm with you. Where are all the Poly people??

I'm in Seattle, and frustrated with the quality of [female] partners that I've been with. Sending an SOS for a decent human being!

I actually live a bit south of the city, but have transport and work in the city. I'd love to make some friends and expand my social circle.

Back