Iowa

bellagirl

Hi all,

I am a 23 yr old female and bi-choosy, he is 33 yr old male and straight. We have been married for 2 1/2 years. We are looking for both poly friends and partners. Iowa seems to have a non-existant poly community, so it would be great to get to meet other like-minded people. We have a power exchange based relationship and are looking for someone to form a long-term relationship with.

bella

I kind of view it as the difference in the way that I am attracted to men vs. women. There have been women that I have become close to and then become attracted to them. With men, there is more of an instant attraction or there isn't attraction at all

Hey there

We are a poly couple from Northern Iowa and agree that we r a rare breed in Iowa...we r talking to a woman right now and working on establishing a relationship with her and r talking about her moving in just not for sure when..Would luv to chat;)

I have met and befriended three different people in the last decade that are poly. I even married one of them.
All in the Central Iowa area.

I think part of the lack of poly is not knowing/understanding the term; one of my friends just didn't know there was a term for the way she thought. And the other is fear that friends or family will react poorly. Sadly, the mid-west isn't the ideal place to be unique when it comes to fundamentals like family structure or sexual orientation.

Hey! We are a younger couple (20 & 27) also looking for poly friends & possibly more. We are interested to chat with you two :)
Agnes & Ryan

We are located in Central Iowa too. I'm 35, husband is 36. However, he is saying he is not poly (I'm not sure I agree but that's his decision not mine). We have multiple friends that are poly, including co-habitating triads etc... So, even out here in Iowa we exist ;) we met most through the swinging community, though some in other ways. I'd be happy to talk any time, but we are in therapy right now to find a way to make me being poly, he being mono & not ok with me being poly work, so we are certainly not dating material. I do have a poly friendly therapist to recommend if you ever need one. :D

Aha! So a poly scene in Iowa DOES exist! :) Hello everyone, we're Xu and Sol. We're a 21M/19F couple seeking to add a third to our wonderful relationship!

Greetings fellow Iowans! :D 31 hetero male, here (although I'll be 32 in just a bit...). I live on the NW part of the state - right on the edge of the Nebraska and South Dakota state lines.

Not really sure if I'm mono or poly. On one hand, I've never thought of myself as poly, but then the whole idea is relatively new to me. On the other, I apparently have an atypical relationship with my exes. Once I start loving someone I hardly ever stop, so I prefer to remain friends with all of my former lovers, even if we find we don't work as a couple.

New Here New Poly-ist

We are a new poly family, consisting of 1 male 2 females, I am married to Karin and will be marrying Therasa Oct 26th. We sure catch lots of crap from so Called friends, but We r happy with what we r becoming!
We are near Des Moines, Iowa, but in the Country, would like some poly friends.

omg there is iowa pepole the same as us

We are a cpl. going on 7 years together. Looking for a 3rd but who is not. We love the out doors. just Trying to have some fun with some like minded people with out getting dirty looks like we are crazy. Well also maybe meet up with a single female lol :)

Looking for others

Hi,

We are a late 30’s couple (straight male) and bi-female. We are looking for others to form long term relationships with. We live is Des Moines... are we alone? ;/

Reviving this from the dead as I am new here, 35M south east Iowa that would like to talk and make new friends

Back