Hello All!

Leedia

Hi everyone,

My name is Lydia, I am 25 years old and happily married. I am bisexual and have identified as such since college, but never got the chance to explore it. My husband and I had discussed threesomes and such since we were dating, but nothing ever came of it. A few days ago I brought up the subject of doing some research into polyamory and we both agreed we'd look into it.

This is very new territory for me as I grew up in a very conservative household. I am here to get advice and personal stories from those of you in successful poly relationships. We are considering a girlfriend for the both of us, or a bi female straight male couple, so help from any of you in similar situations would be fantastic.

We would really like to make some friends here and learn from your experiences. Thanks, and I hope to get to know you all soon!

Greetings Lydia,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

I'd start right off the bad by doing a search (a tag search might be better still) for "communication," as the quality/quantity of your communication can make or break a poly relationship. Next I'd do a similar search for "honesty," another important pillar.

You should check the Golden Nuggets board (linked to in the notes below), as it has lots and lots of important info/advice for poly newbies (and oldies alike). I consider the poly relationship I'm in to be pretty successful, so perhaps I can also help. I usually keep right up on the intro board so if you post on this thread, you're always certain to get a response from me. But just about anywhere where you post is likely to get a response.

It takes time to find the right kind of poly partner/s for you so be patient with the process. Use the time required to find someone to learn as much about polyamory as you can. A couple of good poly-related books I've read are:

• "Opening Up: a guide to creating and sustaining open relationships," by Tristan Taormino.
  • "The Ethical Slut: a guide to infinite sexual possibilities," by Dossie Easton and Catherine Liszt.
  • "Sex at Dawn: how we mate, why we stray, and what it means for modern relationships," by Christopher Ryan and Cacilda Jethá.
  • "Polyamory: the new love without limits," by Deborah Anapol.
Franklin Veaux's poly pages are often helpful too.

Hope this helps you get started. Enjoy your stay here on Pcom.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Back