A request: state your gender and sexual preference/orientation

Male, straightish (I like women best, but if I met the right bloke I'd at least consider it...), married to mono straightish wife, currently technically monogamous, though currently got a huge crush on someone who I hope feels the same but taking it easy and just seeing how it goes.

I don't really relate to gender that much. I'm biologically female, think of myself as more male, so I guess I'm transgendered, but I'm not transitioning. And I'm pansexual. So, yeah, no gender / all genders for me!

Relationship status: I'm engaged to a guy who's living overseas right now, and I'm seeing other people casually. My partner is mostly mono, but he's supportive of me being poly because he understands that it's my natural preference.

I don't really relate to gender that much. I'm biologically female, think of myself as more male, so I guess I'm transgendered, but I'm not transitioning. And I'm pansexual. So, yeah, no gender / all genders for me!

That's what I would generally call genderqueer (and pansexual).

Relationship status: I'm engaged to a guy who's living overseas right now, and I'm seeing other people casually. My partner is mostly mono, but he's supportive of me being poly because he understands that it's my natural preference.

right on

I'm a lesbian, but bisexual and/or straigh in the past, and looks like moving back to bisexual - as a friend kindly pointed out to me, "your sexual orientation is miscallaneous", which I fully embraced.

I've been serial mono in the past and for the first time in a relationship with a poly (man) and semi-actively seeking another (female) partner as I definitely crave for woman's touch.

As for gender, I'm fluid I think. Biologically female, and with some people I'm very much a woman, but with others a complete bloke so much so that I'd like to take my man as a man, a rather strange feeling.

I am female and I claim the bi tag, but I don't think I'm a true bisexual. I'm more often attracted to men. When I am attracted to a woman, I don't envision her as a potential committed partner. And the more I get to know a woman I'm attracted to on a personal level, the more I begin to simply see her as a friend. I have many attractive female friends and I don't feel an urge to have sex with them. The vast majority of my sexual experiences with women has been had in threesomes with my husband.

I'm definately bi and absolutely a female....not really into people who aren't one gender or the other but find both sexes equally attractive. Common-law with my guy for 8 years. Just to put in my two cents =)

I have to laugh at how the OP was about stating your gender and orientation in your posts, and everyone just went ahead and posted it in this thread. I think it's a good idea to have an optional info box on registration / profile edit for orientation, as well as some info on your partners.

I'm going to go ahead and be annoying by saying that while it would be useful to have this information when someone new posts, it's not necessary in order to provide some basic advice. Tailoring your advice because of someone's gender and orientation edges on "giving specific advice to someone you know" as opposed to "giving generic advice that applies to anyone." The former is only useful if you actually know the person, the relationship, and the specifics... at which point "I'm a straight female in a heterosexual marriage" part is already known.

Realistically, a lot of people who ask for advice have barely read any other threads and will benefit from generic advice about communication, respect, and honesty. A single post will never be able to provide all the background required in order to tailor specific advice for their exact situation, and most good advice will apply equally well to a straight female as a gay male.

me

I am female- who is 95% lesbian, I have been married before to a male, that is the only male I have ever been with sexually. I am in a mono relationship with T-bone who may or may not be Poly, or she could just be a cheater.

I have to laugh at how the OP was about stating your gender and orientation in your posts, and everyone just went ahead and posted it in this thread. I think it's a good idea to have an optional info box on registration / profile edit for orientation, as well as some info on your partners.

I'm going to go ahead and be annoying by saying that while it would be useful to have this information when someone new posts, it's not necessary in order to provide some basic advice. Tailoring your advice because of someone's gender and orientation edges on "giving specific advice to someone you know" as opposed to "giving generic advice that applies to anyone." The former is only useful if you actually know the person, the relationship, and the specifics... at which point "I'm a straight female in a heterosexual marriage" part is already known.

The ideas I might share with someone does vary when I know their orientation and sexual preference. I dont have a need to give generic advice to someone on a board. If you're queer, the advice will be different in some ways. It's a different subculture.

Realistically, a lot of people who ask for advice have barely read any other threads and will benefit from generic advice about communication, respect, and honesty. A single post will never be able to provide all the background required in order to tailor specific advice for their exact situation, and most good advice will apply equally well to a straight female as a gay male.

I hear you. I also disagree. I hate making faux pas and calling a woman "he," or ASSuming this hypothetical woman is in a relationship with a man. it's also awkward to assume 2 women in a relationship are lesbians, only to find out they are both bi. Etc.

Female, straight (possibly heteroflexible with the right partner, but haven't met her yet)
Married to S., a straight male, currently monogamous with me but has some past poly experience
Dating J., a straight male, who is married to L., a lesbian female. J. is currently monogamous with me.

Gwen - female, bisexual, in very long term relationship with Rhu

Rhu - female, bisexual, in very long term relationship with Gwen

Easy peasy to remember :D

- Gwen

Nice to see you back, Gwen.

*hugs* thanks hun.

Nice to be back - spent the last few weeks up to my eyeballs in exam revision and I've only just come up for air! The cooldown on 9 months of study is enough to make industrial-strength coffee look like water *groans*

- Gwen

Glad youve got some free time again. There are few other women here in LTR primary relationships with another woman.

My relationship is only of 22 mos however.

•Female - mono
•Married for 15 years to 2rings (straight poly male - whose dating Morningglory629)
•Bicurious (maybe bisexual) - have limited sexual experience with women and have had a few threesomes with my husband and MG. I tend to check women out more than men (I love boobs!) but I am definitely more sexually attracted to men.

Last edited:
I'm right there with you KatTails - I love Boobs!!! I had never heard the term heteroflexible until reading this thread, but I guess that would fit me better than bi, since I am equally sexually attracted to men and women, but I only seek LTR with men . . . maybe I just haven't met the right woman yet!

Married to R who is a straight mostly mono male (has been willing to swing in the past and may be willing again in the future but does not like the idea of a LTR with anyone else)

My long term boyfriend D is straight and open to poly though has never practiced it and isn't looking. Currently moving in with us.

As I thik I may have said before I'm female and working it out. I've been physically attracted to a number of people who fall on different places on the sex and gender spectra. All this discusion re body part made me think, I'm more drawn to shapes, the curve of fininine hip and waist and boobs, delicate agles of af androgeny and more masculine harder lines, hmmm interesting :p

Married female, love men too much. I think women are physically more beautiful and sensual than men, which is more visually attractive, but I have never been interested in being with a woman sexually. Although I have in a couples situation.

Last edited:
Back