Polyamory film festival help

Maur

Hello,

My name is Tomek Kulesza, and i live in Warsaw, Poland. Recently, a friend of mine came up with the idea of organising a small polyamory film festival. She runs a sort of cultural associacion, and will be coordinating the project here, in Warsaw.

I, on the other hand, was privileged with the task of getting actual movies we could use. Because, frankly, i have no idea how one does it, (how do you get film copies, who do you ask about them, what's about legal issues - although i have faint idea about last isse) so i'm improvising a bit. Few days ago, i mailed Dave,

http://california.tribe.net/event/P...keley-ca/3b3dda10-f21c-4315-9ce6-4204738acf8a

with intention of asking him what movies do he advise, who should i contact about them, and what's the procedure of getting them. And general advce, probably. I got no response, sadly.

Well, perhaps we could simply use the http://www.aserve.com/holly/culturefaq.html site rather large number of films, and try selecting a number of them, then searching for producer/distributor, and asking about licensing, etc, etc. At least that's what my improvisation tells me to do ;)
(hmm, on a second though i could mail Holly who maintain the site... yes, seems a good idea)

But i'd prefer to ask polyfolk about the whole idea first, perhaps someone can give me advice, both on the movies, and on the actual way to obtain the movies. Or perhaps point me to someone who i could ask about it.

Oh, and by the way, to give you some context, about dozen people in Poland actually heard the word polyamory, and two (including me) are polyamorous. So yeah, we're in middle ages. Ok, i might have exaggerated a bit ;)

Oh, and by the way, to give you some context, about dozen people in Poland actually heard the word polyamory, and two (including me) are polyamorous. So yeah, we're in middle ages. Ok, i might have exaggerated a bit ;)

I can believe it! My family is from there; nice to see you here!

I can believe it! My family is from there; nice to see you here!
Oh! What a surprise! Hmm. I'm tempted to ask if it means your family is so conservative that you have no trouble imagining it, or that they told you various stories about the place they're from... ;)

But i think it would mean either:

1) you not answering and getting offended by mine insinuation that your family is still mentally in dark ages ;)
2) you answering and the thread derailing immediately...

It's the various stories... and besides that, I was just saying "Hi".

Or how do you spell it... "Dzien dobre" (?) (My Polish is not that proper.)

I wish I had something to contribute to your original post, but I don't, sorry!

It's the various stories... and besides that, I was just saying "Hi".

Or how do you spell it... "Dzien dobre" (?) (My Polish is not that proper.)

I wish I had something to contribute to your original post, but I don't, sorry!
Dzien dobry. :)

Well, sorry, if i seemed to be, hmm, detached? Didn't mean to, it was nice surprise.

I'm sure somebody will help me. :)

EDIT/ Better than my English certainly, i had to edit a thing or two...

Back in the 1980's there was a major film called "Summer Lovers" starring Peter Galagher and Darryl Hannah. It dealt with one man and two female lovers during a summer in Greece. One of my all time fav movies, found shortly after I got married and way before I even realized I was or could be poly. This movie is readily available on ebay.

Back