The "How Are You Doing" Thread (redux)

Feeling a little melancholy.

My baby's growing up! :(

He's going on his first non-family trip next month! He'll be with the church youth group but still........he's growing up and maturing and all that stuff he's supposed to do but I'm sooooooooooooo not ready for it!

My youngest, my son, just drove himself to PA to visit relatives, and then drove back, all by himself, 7 hours each way. First long trip he took by himself. I know how you're feeling, only a few more milestones down the road.

I am so sorry, Ariakas!!! Many hugs!!!!

Feelin GrOoVy and nostalgic!

doing so old school gaming today! sonic the hedgehog, zombies ate my nieghbors, kid chameleon, and kirbys dreamland!

Lol merry memories

I got my first speeding ticket ever today. I thought I'd feel way worse about it when it happened but I'm surprisingly calm about it.

Today is a good day. Got lots of paperwork to plow through - looking forward to that being completed - then new Stampin Up! stuff is being delivered to my house - then derby tonight!!!

I haven't been on skates in 3 weeks. Have had a bit of a mental adjustment though - looking forward to the workout and finding out when I can get tested :D

AND there's reportedly going to be sun in the near future - including my days off!!! woohoo!!! :D

Sad today.

Most days I cope just fine with Beloved and I being so far apart. But some days it hits me harder. Today is one of those days.

Dying.

I'm dying one moment at a time, baked to death in this oppressive heat dome that has the US trapped. It wouldn't be so bad if we had a wind...or even a breeze. AC would be nice as well. >.<

But other then that, I'm okay I suppose. A little stressed by money, or lack there of, and trying to figure out how to make life keep working while sweltering. I think I'd rather do this in the cold.

heart sore and exhausted.
C's first attempt at an outside relationship fell flat, and so did mine. C mentioned to H that he was cool with us being more than friends. H denied that there was anything more between he and i than friendship. ugh, its obvious to anyone around us that there's something happening between us but he doesn't want to acknowledge it. so thats that.
and damn if it doesn't hurt like hell, i don't know whether to disappear and lick my wounds or go on like i have no idea that the conversation ever happened.
the one good to come out of it is, i have little doubt now that both C and i are poly. i have serious feelings for one person while loving another, too bad it feels like crap.

Just called the cops on the neighbors, AGAIN. Wrote out a complaint for magmt. They decided to move their fight to the hallway this time. I really hope things workout the way I want in the next few months, cuz that means we can start looking for somewhere else to live.

Other than them I am doing FABULOUS!!! Karma and his friend had a great night last night, I got some good news today, Karma and I have a date this weekend, school is all set for both of us and ready for the fall and the best of all, my sis in law was having complications with her pregnancy and she went to the Dr today and got a good report, she's off bed rest and feeling a lot better.

Doing okay. We got re-approved for foodstamps, so tomorrow we can go grocery shopping. Then there is a fighter practice/pool party/ cookout at our friends place tomorrow afternoon, followed by a cookout at our place with a friend and Wendigo. Our friend has been pretty depressed since his wife cheated on him, got knocked up and left with their daughter. Today he found out she is pregnant again and turning into the stereotypical trailer trash. He got a good laugh and finally decided to talk to someone about a legal separation (she moved out 18 months ago and had the first baby by the new guy last summer). So he wants to have some fun.

For week after week after week, for the first time in my life, I've been happy almost, if not entirely, all of the time -- whether or not there is sadness, grief, worry, fear.... The baseline of my experience has shifted from unhappiness to happiness. It is pretty weird! Who woulda thunk it? Amazing! I have joy and peace and so..., so much love! I look in the mirror and I love what I see. I have overflowing gratitude toward life, toward Mystery! (In my own eyes in the mirror moments ago, I saw the Beloved!) This is too much!

ugh...day of departure moved back. no longer 5 days, it's now closer to 2 weeks. bummed.

That bites, but is sadly typical. When Mr Panda came back they changed his return date so many times and he got caught in so many transportation problems along the way (civil wars that wouldn't allow for the planes to take off) that Panda didn't even know he was coming home until he called her from the airport when they finaly landed.

Karma and I are doing research on home ownership. We aren't looking to buy for a few years, but we've had several years of messing up our credit so we are being proactive and learning all we can so we are ready when the time comes.

My head is spinning with numbers and ideas. But we have learned from our parents mistakes and want to be smart about it. I never want to live paycheck to paycheck again. And soon we won't have to. Just gotta make sure we keep it that way.

Apparently not as well as I thought!

I just went into the kitchen, fixed my coffee, then came OUT of the kitchen, sat down and remembered my coffee which was STILL in the kitchen!

Thinking it's time to get some quality sleep. This oppressive heat and humidity is prohibiting quality AND quantity sleep!

Back