Already posting but figure I'll post here too. :)

juber

Hi everyone

I'll go by Juber for now.

As some of you might know from another post I'm 41 and just entering a new phase in my relationship with my wife. I've been in a triad poly before that ended badly because the hinge (I think that's the right term) liked to play each of the other two in the relationship against each other. A lot of anger and drama where there shouldn't be. That was two years and only about 6 months of it was what one would consider "good".

After that I met my wife and we've been in a committed monogamous relationship with my wife for 15+ years now. When we married I knew that she was Bi. I was young and had the usual thoughts young men have about Bi women they get involved with but it wasn't a priority and never entered into our relationship until now. Our marriage has been stable and in 2006 we adopted our son. In 2012 we were finally matched with our daughter. They are now 7 and 2 respectively.

I am a professional in technical writing and I work out of my home. My wife and I have a number of divergent interests. I enjoy computer games, Tabletop RPGs (D&D, Traveller, etc) and she enjoys shopping and going out with her best friend.

We have a lot in common of course. We enjoy a lot of the same types of books, TV, and movies. We both enjoy the outdoors although she isn't really into "roughing it" as I can be. Due to my work and primary hobbies I spend a LOT of time in my home and don't get out as often as I would like.

Recently we started exploring a new aspect of our marriage and although my wife won't identify as "Poly" (she thinks it carries a lot of "baggage") it's most certainly what our relationship has become. I made a post in the relationships forum for those of you interested in more details on that.

ciao

Greetings juber,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

I used to be quite a D&Der back in the day. Too wimpy for it now, but nice to meet a fellow fan here. :)

Poly carries baggage? Aw crap. And here I thought poly was just beginning to become "known" in the public eye. Maybe that's the problem eh. The public appetite for horror stories?

Not that poly doesn't have horror stories, it does. But it's a shame more people haven't heard about the success stories, cuz there's quite a few of those.

I read your Relationships board posts, it was a good read and explains your situation. I am sure you will find the right time/way to work things out as necessary as you go along. Keep us posted on how things are working out.

Glad you could join us.
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Thanks Kevin

The wife and I have had a couple conversations around the topic since that post (we're very communicative) and I think everything is working out. I'll update the post when I have a chance :)

Back