Smelly Ugly Feet?

MTmozat

I have a silly but serious/curious question? Ever had a partner who has ugly or smelly feet? If so, did it ever affect your relationship with them, leading to a break-up? I remember being with a girl twelve-years ago who had smelly, ugly feet. I actually had to cut her off because she refused to wash and get her feet done often. Every time she took off her socks in my bed, I literally doubled-over. My female co-worker who sits next to me always takes off her shoes and stockings every morning and I have to go to the lounge to get away from those horrid-smelling, ugly toes. She's really beautiful but her feet turns me off, and to top it off she has a crush on me. I'm glad I don't have to go back until Tuesday. Yuck.

I feel your pain, BrotherMan. My sweetie one time decided to cut back on laundry expenses by wearing the same sox for a week. He was going for two, but the stench literally drove me out of the house. :eek:

As for your co-worker: this is a pretty straightforward problem, really. Her offensive body odor is interfering with your productivity. If you're friends with her and want to help her save face, I see two courses of action, depending on what level of communication you think the situation calls for. Either: 1) talk to her gently and discreetly (and PRIVATELY), or 2) drop an anonymous note on her desk. If it were me, I'd take the direct route and have the chat.

If you are not concerned about preserving a friendship, you could also have a frank discussion of the issue with your supervisor, and leave it to him/her to solve the body odor problem. It is interfering with your ability to do your job, after all. Basic hygiene is pretty much standard in the workplace, and it's not too much to ask people to keep their stank to themselves at work.

I feel your pain, BrotherMan. My sweetie one time decided to cut back on laundry expenses by wearing the same sox for a week. He was going for two, but the stench literally drove me out of the house. :eek:

As for your co-worker: this is a pretty straightforward problem, really. Her offensive body odor is interfering with your productivity. If you're friends with her and want to help her save face, I see two courses of action, depending on what level of communication you think the situation calls for. Either: 1) talk to her gently and discreetly (and PRIVATELY), or 2) drop an anonymous note on her desk. If it were me, I'd take the direct route and have the chat.

If you are not concerned about preserving a friendship, you could also have a frank discussion of the issue with your supervisor, and leave it to him/her to solve the body odor problem. It is interfering with your ability to do your job, after all. Basic hygiene is pretty much standard in the workplace, and it's not too much to ask people to keep their stank to themselves at work.

Thanks for the advice. I was laughing at your first paragraph. LOL!! But I think I will take you up on your offer to gently tell her to wash her feet. Telling her to get her toes done also will probably be pushing it.:D

Last edited:
It'll be a touchy convo, so tread lightly. And Yeah, it's the stank that is your business, not the polish. Although, if you feel it's appropriate, you could give her a gift certificate for a nice pedicure. If you decide to go that route, pop for a good spa pedi. They're awesome, they feel wonderful and she may decide to make it a regular treat.

Good luck to you! :)

To be honest, I've had this happen to me.

It was a good friend who told me pretty bluntly "Your feet are rank and it's uncomfortable to be around you because of it."

Sometimes a swift kick in the ass is helpful. I've taken a lot better care of my feet because of it.

It'll be a touchy convo, so tread lightly. And Yeah, it's the stank that is your business, not the polish. Although, if you feel it's appropriate, you could give her a gift certificate for a nice pedicure. If you decide to go that route, pop for a good spa pedi. They're awesome, they feel wonderful and she may decide to make it a regular treat.

Good luck to you! :)

I think I will give her a gift certificate for a nice pedicure after I pop the question to her, when I go back tomorrow. I never thought of that idea. You're just full of conclusions aren't you?:)If she decides to wash her feet AND get them done, I might just take her up on one of her subtle offers to get to know her better.;)

It might not be the feet that are the issue but the shoes. Sweat soaks into leather or canvas, or other materials, and then starts to smell.

I once dated someone who didn't wear socks, ever! His shoes stank up the house! My mom had to banish his shoes to the front or back porch. Once his feet had been out of the shoes for a half hour or so there was no odor.

I once had a pair of shoes that smelled, which caused my feet to smell. Got rid of the shoes, got rid of the smell.

It hasn't been a deal breaker although my stinky shoes almost were.

Whether we're talking feet, sox or shoes, it's not the sweat causing the stench, it's the bacteria that feed on the sweat. More specifically, it's the waste products created by the bacteria. EWW! :eek:

Washing the feet works because it removes the wastes and reduces the bacteria population. Same with fresh sox- less waste=less smell.

To go even farther, and actually kill the bacteria, try applying vodka or rubbing alcohol, either as a splash or with cotton balls. Works like a charm. My pedicurist says it helps with calluses, too, but I'm not so sure about that part. But it definitely helps with de-stankification. Feels good, too.

It was a good friend who told me pretty bluntly "Your feet are rank and it's uncomfortable to be around you because of it."

Sometimes a swift kick in the ass is helpful.
That IS a good friend. When someone cares enough about me to tell me a hard truth, they get gold stars in my book, even if what they tell me is embarrassing, gross or weird.

So, MTmozat, what happened? Did you have the chat?

Don't have a lot of time now, but I did have the "Chat" with her and the results of that conversation turned out really great. She's really hot now.:) I'll describe the details soon. Right now, I gotta hit the sack. Later!!

Back