Hello from central Illinois!

KyleKat

Hello! I'm 25 and my wife is 23. We have two children, been together for 5 years, talked about being poly several times over the years. After a long and boring series of events that happened at the beginning of this year we decided to become poly. She has a boyfriend that is a mutual friend of ours. We met him through other friends that we hang out with frequently (they are not receptive to these choices so unfortunately we are keeping this just between the three of us). I'm straight and so is he so no triad or anything like that. I'm looking for a girlfriend, but it appears that all understanding females are hidden in the corn rows because everywhere I've looked there's been nada close to me. That's alright though. I can be patient.

Interestingly enough we are so new to all of this we joined swingersboard.com because they had a poly section. Interesting read but when I said something about our relationship... Whoops! I got the riot act. Nearly made me feel like I was doing something wrong. Needless to say I found this place and you all seem much more understanding.

If any of you have any advice on finding people, even just so we have friends in the area that do understand, that would be awesome.

Kyle

Welcome!

Well I can't give you any advice other than just keep looking. :( Poly or mono it is hard to find a person you like but it is not impossible. :)

I wish you good luck.

Just wanted to let you know that we have just formed a Central Illinois Polyamory Meetup Group on meetup.com. While this is brand new and we are still gathering members, it will be a place that those who are poly, poly-curious, and poly-friendly can get together, talk, support each other, and meet new people.

Central Illinois Polyamory Meetup Group

Back