I did it!

TruckerPete

Mr. A is a commercial pilot, just starting his career.

This weekend, we're going flying together, in a little four seat Cessna for the first time. <insert obvious joke here>

At any rate, I was chatting with my officemate just now and asked if he had any plans for the weekend. He said not really and asked about mine.

Perfect opportunity!

I told him I was excited because my boyfriend was taking me flying this weekend. I always refer to Indigo by name, so coworker said, "Oh I didn't realize he had his license."

I replied that yes, he's a pilot. Coworker started, "Wait ... " and I interjected with "Oh. My boyfriend. Indigo and I don't believe in monogamy."

Coworker responded with, "Oh. Okay. Well that'll be pretty cool!" And the conversation continued on.

My hands are shaking. I am relieved to be myself.

Last edited:
Wohoo, congrats on being out so casually. I find that method usually works best for me too.

Congrats on the flight and the...ummm...fun times.

"Oh. My boyfriend. Indigo and I don't believe in monogamy."

I would normally mock a statement like this but feel in your time of joy, it wouldn't be in good humour...:p

I would normally mock a statement like this but feel in your time of joy, it wouldn't be in good humour...:p

Okay, the full version of that would be, "We don't believe in monogamy as a viable long-term relationship dynamic for our particular situation."

Better now, Mr. Picky McPickerson? :D

(Though point taken, ftr.)

Last edited:
Okay, the full version of that would be, "We don't believe in monogamy as a viable long-term relationship dynamic for our particular situation."

Better now, Mr. Picky McPickerson? :D

(Though point taken, ftr.)

:cool: I am good now :p Go back an enjoy the seating in the plane now.

Mr. A is a commercial pilot, just starting his career.

This weekend, we're going flying together, in a little four seat Cessna for the first time. <insert obvious joke here>

At any rate, I was chatting with my officemate just now and asked if he had any plans for the weekend. He said not really and asked about mine.

Perfect opportunity!

I told him I was excited because my boyfriend was taking me flying this weekend. I always refer to Indigo by name, so coworker said, "Oh I didn't realize he had his license."

I replied that yes, he's a pilot. Coworker started, "Wait ... " and I interjected with "Oh. My boyfriend. Indigo and I don't believe in monogamy."

Coworker responded with, "Oh. Okay. Well that'll be pretty cool!" And the conversation continued on.

My hands are shaking. I am relieved to be myself.

Awesomeness! I find myself doing the same thing at work....blah blah blah my girlfriend...something something

"wait...aren't you married?"

Wifey...(I refer to my wife as wifey at work) and I are polyamorious!

What is that?

We have a girlfriend together...

and on from there. There are a few people that I'm somewhat selective about it around people that are more rigid

Wifey...(I refer to my wife as wifey at work) and I are polyamorious!

Err :eek: That's terrible calling your wife "wifey". Don't you know that is a derogatory term? Seriously. You can google it. :mad:

Well Done TruckerPete:D We are NOWHERE near that stage yet.

Rock on TP. :)

I've been testing reactions occasionally on complete strangers....especially in other towns where I'm extremely unlikely to run into the same people again. A couple weeks ago I was chatting with a woman about something...I don't remember exactly what. I mentioned something about having to get something for my girlfriend and then meet my wife somewhere.
I think she was halfway through answering my question when she suddenly paused and asked me, "Did I just hear you mention your wife and your girlfriend in the same sentence?"
"You caught that did you?!" :cool:

The rest of the conversation carried on relatively unimpeded. But the look on her face was rather amusing.

Someone asked me later in the day what I was doing on the weekend and I said the same thing, but she either didn't catch on, or didn't want to ask ...

I like hearing about others' experiences! :)

@Trucker- I hope the flying went well. Yea, I've always been pretty candid about my partners and lifestyle. I mean, I don't walk around with a wraparound billboard on but it only takes one to ask and I speak freely. I guess it's a bit easier for me, though, because I'm not legally married to anyone so I can throw as many names out there as I want to without people really questioning it. :D When people come to my cube, they ask who is in the pictures and I tell them... my girlfriend or female partner... my male partner, mate, or Dude (yes, it's a term of endearment:p), and a potential or two. lol...

@vodka- 'wifey' is not a derogatory term. Then again, I guess it's all about perception and the exposure one has had to the term. Though, I don't use it, I know many women who call their women 'wifey' and some men who use it who have more than one woman because, in our definition, it means favorite but not only.

@Imaginary- lol...at the 'wife and girlfriend in the same sentence'. Gotta love it!

@vodka- 'wifey' is not a derogatory term. Then again, I guess it's all about perception and the exposure one has had to the term. Though, I don't use it, I know many women who call their women 'wifey' and some men who use it who have more than one woman because, in our definition, it means favorite but not only.

Thanks I PM Vodka about that...

Back