does anyone else find meeting other poly people hard

Freedom

Hey everyone

the last few weeks i have being trawling through the internet in order to meet poly people. so far no good, i just wanna make friends for now. any advice?

Hey everyone

the last few weeks i have being trawling through the internet in order to meet poly people. so far no good, i just wanna make friends for now. any advice?
I think finding and talking to poly peopl eon the internet is as easy as doing anything on the internet. If you can find manuals to create atomic bombs, it should be damn easy to do anything else. =P
This forum is definitely a great place to start. Search around google for anything local? I've gotten to know a few people in my own city and even have plans for a proper poly meetup at some point.
If you do dating websites, I've heard a lot of good about okcupid? Never tried it personally though, so perhaps someone else can help you with it. =]

Does anyone else find meeting other poly people hard?

Yes! Even on ok cupid, here in Mass, it's hard to find someone who is poly. Many people, single, married or partnered, will tell you they are, and then when you get to know them, you find out they think it means being a sexual slut who will do anything with anyone. Or, it means they practice don't ask don't tell, or only do casual sex/one night stands, or they are just lying cheaters.

Even if they and their partner are poly, they are noobs who have not dealt with the challenges of NRE, or with their jealousy, or have made any progress in knowing what their boundaries are, etc etc.

Extremely frustrating.

Extremely frustrating.

I think I have the cure for that, Mags.

Put in your profiles, that you do NOT want self-identified 'poly men'.

..at this point, the opposite of what you type, happens.

Trust me on that ! :p I made the mistake of having that up, and I received numerous long-time, 'twue' polys messaging me. Telling me I just haven`t met the right one yet. :rolleyes: 'They' could show me how good it can be.

I can`t guarantee they would be great people though. :p

Hey everyone

Just make friends and don't worry whether they're poly. Personally it would creep me out if someone wanted to be my friend just because I'm in an open relationship.

And use of the word "trawling" gives me the image that you're dragging a net around hoping to catch something, anything, as long as it's "poly". That suggests desperation which is not attractive to most folks, poly or otherwise.

Last edited:
I find it hard meeting people too. And I'm not looking for people to date, just people to be friends with and who I can talk to. I think the forums are a good starting point. maybe you will meet someone on the forums who is near you...

I don't think NK's 1st post here was unkind or insensitive at all. It is true that "trawling through the internet" was an odd way to describe looking to meet poly people, and I thought her comment was funny.

To the OP, you haven't offered us much information but you say that you "want to make friends for now." Yet you're looking for poly friends. So, does that mean you want to join some organized meetup? To find groups in your area, you can try searching Meetup.com or:

Tristan Taormino's Opening Up » Resources » Local Organizations

Loving More » Local Groups and Communities

Polyamory.com » Online Poly Resources

Locked temporarily for people to cool off.
Non-seq's pending movement or destruction.

I don't know if it's solar flares or what, but please remember to fight nice children.

ETA:
Ok, unlocked, and we'll try this again about finding hard people.

Ready, set, GO!

(And don't forget the LUBE!!!)

Last edited:
Back