The "How Are You Doing" Thread (redux)

bleh.

Not happy, not sad, not mad just not......feeling?????

Emotionally numb, that's it.

Frustrated.....communication with Possibility totally freaking sucks!

Son is a joy to have around most of the time :).

Feeling alot better this afternoon. I even have energy to clean up a bit and finish folding the laundry. I hate being sick, so I'll take the few hours of feeling good to accomplish something while I can.

Just got back from meeting a new client for a cat-sitting gig I took on. Will be visiting this woman's kitty twice a day for 2 weeks, making a little bit of cash, so that's good.

But I am so sad now... this woman is a hoarder. Now I can be a mess, and messy places don't tend to get to me too much, but... this woman lives in a luxury high-rise and her big apartment is filled with boxes, bags, and junk, with little paths winding through the rooms. Her cat's dishes and water bowl was surrounded by bottles of cleaning supplies (I moved them away), and she couldn't find the instructions she said she had printed out for me.

The dishes and utensils were all spotless on the dish rack. The bathroom was clean and smelled nice, actually. The china cabinet was full of sparkling crystal glasses and expensive china. The rest of the place was a disaster zone, with crap piled high and just a little spot on her huge L-shaped sofa to sit, and I could literally feel how depressed this woman is.

I think it jarred me because it reminded me of my mother. She wasn't quite a hoarder, but close to it, with many mental issues, and was very sad and depressed for years. I don't think I would accept this job if it weren't for the fact that I know she's leaving tomorrow and the cat needs someone. Oy, the poor cat.

*heavy sigh*

I hear you on hoarders, Cindie. miss pixi's dad and brother are hoarders. It really fucked up her childhood (among other fucked up things). Their yard is full of stuff too, not just the house. I counted 6 tractors, a camper, about 4 old cars, 4 boats, and all kinds of other equipment, all rusting away. Such a sickness.

My boss (whose kids I nanny for) is wealthy. They live in a McMansion and could stock a Toys R Us with all the toys and clothes she's collected for her kids. Plus all the other stuff she has lying around. She does keep things organized somewhat, but god... get rid of something! Her daughter has, I swear, 50 pairs of pants and 50 dresses in her size... She owns 1 dozen baby carriers for the babies. Yet the babies don't seem to have any pajamas for cool weather in their size.

A friend of mine said, when I told her about this family, when you're lower income, you're a hoarder. When you're wealthy, you're a collector. :rolleyes:

Be careful in that woman's house. I hope nothing falls on you.

Tritto on feeling-you on the hoarding thing.

I have a male friend who`s ex-wife was a hoarder to such a extent, she ended up on one of those hoarding show`s. :( He ended up having to leave her, because he was terrified their children would be taken away.

It left the whole family with a lot of emotional issues.

Good point Mags on the poor vs rich thing.

How am I doing,.hmmm,..good ! Going out with my lover-friend tonight, as we probably won`t see each other for a month afterwards. Our schedules don`t line up for a few weeks. :( Bittersweet, as that will allow me to catch-up with a couple other people.

It feels like a Friday,..but isn`t. Bummer.

Last edited:
A friend of mine said, when I told her about this family, when you're lower income, you're a hoarder. When you're wealthy, you're a collector. :rolleyes:

Like Crazy VS Eccentric.

As for how I'm doing? Slightly stressed due to sudden, unexpected money problems. However being poor for so long and never having any money I know how to handle these issues. I'm a damned anteater.

Other then that, good. Hours at work are going to start picking up soon, the cooler weather makes me happy, spend several hours last night catching up with an old friend who is going through a hard time, and looking forward to some good things that are coming down the pipe at me. Also it dawned on me I haven't had a major depression swing in several months. This makes me happy.

So I'm listening to older music and doing some light reading. Life's not great, but it is good.

A bit tired today; stayed up way to late cuddling with Wendigo after game ran late last night. I had hoped for sexy time with my guys, but I was way too tired after game ran late to do more than think about it. This weekend is gonna be busy with our sons birthday party.

This headache can go away any time now! Please, just go away! This is the third day, enough already!

Waiting impatiently for news. My best friend has been in a car accident - only things I know are that she's talking and that her car was upside down. I have her kids for the day (already did) and she's in a Vancouver hospital so I can't even run down for a quick visit. Her husband is heading down there...

Kids don't know. I am... on edge, waiting to hear.

Waiting impatiently for news. My best friend has been in a car accident - only things I know are that she's talking and that her car was upside down. I have her kids for the day (already did) and she's in a Vancouver hospital so I can't even run down for a quick visit. Her husband is heading down there...

Kids don't know. I am... on edge, waiting to hear.

Oh no. :( So sorry to hear that. I hope everything turns out ok !

Me ? Exhausted. Long, long, day outside.

Last night was good, friends and fights ! (UFC)

Day 4 of being sick. I'm miserable.

My friend in the car accident is ok. She's likely got soft tissue injuries, but nothing obvious. The car is a write off.... front passenger bumper crumpled, skid marks along the side and the top where she slid upside down... she's lucky to walk away from it.

Can I be well again please?

YAY!!! Cold is almost gone!!!

I'm in the snotty, blow it all out, cough it all up and it goes away stage.

Yeah, I'm sexxy :p

If you want to see how sexxy... go to fetlife :p

... life is good :) I'm getting better. Tomorrow I get a new stove, results from my last exam and I'm hosting a crafting party tomorrow night :)

I'm sitting in bed with Lilo laying on our respective netbooks and just enjoying the moment. I've started up with an old passion I left over three years ago. Feels good to be back!

Back