Myers Briggs and polyamory.

LOL monkeystyle! My ISFP doesn't verbally process at all-though she's making an effort for our relationship, and I'm making the effort to adjust my expectations for words of affirmation (my love language) from her. I'm a Virgo and she's a Scorpio.....where does that kind of thing play into personality types lol?!

OMG I've been with one of those ISFP's....on them you are soooo right. It's horrible getting them to verbalize their thoughts, and especially their feelings. Wonderful flower children and daydreamers - horrible when you need to talk about something of deep concern.

Isfp

Love everything about my ISFP except for that. And it's kinda a biggie for me. I'm hoping as we both want to make this work, we'll meet in the middle. But Lord have mercy-it's a real exercise in empathy for me as an ESTJ. I just took the test again today, and tested ENFJ....I think my people are making me see things differently lol

Love everything about my ISFP except for that. And it's kinda a biggie for me. I'm hoping as we both want to make this work, we'll meet in the middle. But Lord have mercy-it's a real exercise in empathy for me as an ESTJ. I just took the test again today, and tested ENFJ....I think my people are making me see things differently lol

I wish I had successful experience to pass on regarding getting an ISFP to open up, on a more than rarely situational basis. My personality started as a deep INFJ years ago but has gradually shifted to me being very close to an ENFJ now. Not quite, but still I think it's due to the amount of planning that goes into getting a partner to communicate who's of that persuasion. Head, meet brick wall, keep repeating until you succeed. :)

As an aside, from a physical perspective I adore ISFP's. They are endless in their passion for sensuality and deeply enjoyable with sex/lovemaking. If only those skills could be transferred to talking. Sigh.

Last edited:
ISFP-progress?

Well-just this weekend I had a moment of frustration with the communication I was getting from MD and freaked a little over text. The next day I said I was fine and to just ignore the freak out. She actually brought it up and we talked it through. So progress? She was obviously uncomfortable talking about it, but it meant a lot to me that she made the effort even after I dropped it.

(hmmm...I thought I posted yesterday...but I guess I never hit "Submit")

Just to add to the data pool.

INTJ (pretty much exactly spot on and getting more so the older I get)
- apparently this isn't that common, especially for women (nature vs. nurture? I have my theories about cultural conditioning here)

Acts of Service/Quality Time

Anyone into the Enneagram? - I score out as Type Five - The Investigator, but this isn't nearly the match that I see with the MB type - 3 others were only slightly behind.

I'm also an Aries...who thinks astrology is bunk.

JaneQ

PS. For the Record: I think MrS is an INTP and Dude may be an ENTP

Last edited:
My ex is an intj, to a t. I was surprised to see our personality types are compatible but I guess we lasted 11 years so that must mean something lol you would think 2 people who always think they are right and rigid in their views would be a recipe for disaster. Guess its like "when a tornado meets a volcano" he was incredibly emotionally unavailable, almost like a robot. My need for positive attention was never satisfied from him. I.still love him, he's an amazing guy but not for me.

(hmmm...I thought I posted yesterday...but I guess I never hit "Submit")

Just to add to the data pool.

INTJ (pretty much exactly spot on and getting more so the older I get)
- apparently this isn't that common, especially for women (nature vs. nurture? I have my theories about cultural conditioning here)

Acts of Service/Quality Time

Anyone into the Enneagram? - I score out as Type Five - The Investigator, but this isn't nearly the match that I see with the MB type - 3 others were only slightly behind.

I'm also an Aries...who thinks astrology is bunk.

JaneQ

PS. For the Record: I think MrS is an INTP and Dude may be an ENTP

I am also a female INTJ. we make .5% of the population. Exceedingly rare. Although a dear friend of mine is also a female INTJ. Given the statistics, I guess I was lucky to run across her. :)

As for Enneagram, I came out as a Type Five on one version and a Nine On the other. Hmmm. I see myself in both. So....

My SO is a male INTJ, Type 5. :)

Last edited:
INFJ the last time I took it. Introversion is the only factor that was really, really high though (89%). I was pretty surprised I ended up with F instead of T. *shrug*

I consistently came out as either a Four or a Five in enneagram tests; these two types are always clearly my highest point scores and very, very close to each other in total. Which is odd as Fours and Fives are supposed to be pretty damn different from each other... :confused:

(Then again, I guess it mirrors my confusion about F and T in Meyer-Briggs just fine.)

Hey, I'm wondering how you all might think this would work out.

I am an INFJ, pretty solid on I and J, closer to the middle on the NF.

My husband is a solid ENFP.

My boyfriend is an INTP with good command of his feeling side.

We're not all actually in the same house right now, in fact the boyfriend lives a few states away so far (and he is my boyfriend with my husband's blessing.)

Under the same roof, how do think things will play out? The INTP is actually my longest relationship (I've known him since I was 11, check out my intro post as to why we didn't end up together to begin with.)

Another female INTJ.

My Ex-H said I was as emotionless at Mr. Spock, similar to inyourendo's ex.

I am working really hard at verbalizing and writing about feelings emotions too. and it is hard!

I was really pleased to read the MB profiles and find out I was not the only one who functions like that. And not the only one on here either :)

INFJ here - the usual best buddy of the INTJ's (we are rarest of all MB types).

I can totally understand how an INTJ might view poly in a favorable light - compartmentalizing people that most of you are (and I say that affectionately).

I've tended to test as INFP -- or *maybe* as INFJ.

• Attitude: introverted (not extroverted)
  • Functions: intuitive and feeling (not sensing and thinking)
  • Lifestyle: perceiving (or *maybe* judging)
There's all kinds of people in the world, and all kinds of poly situations are possible. Most poly situations take a lot of work though, but we do the work because we believe it'll be worth it.

I come up INFJ or INTJ pretty equally.

I wonder if introverts are drawn to poly in part because we're more comfortable having deeper relationships with a few people over superficial relationships with many people.

Then again, it could be that the board is full of I's simply because the E's are all too busy going out being with people, while their many I partners are hanging out at home, connecting on the internet without having to be drained by peopleness.

INFP, meet INFP ...

Re (from SchrodingersCat):
"I wonder if introverts are drawn to poly in part because we're more comfortable having deeper relationships with a few people over superficial relationships with many people."

Hmmm; interesting hypothesis.

Re:
"Then again, it could be that the board is full of I's simply because the E's are all too busy going out being with people, while their many I partners are hanging out at home, connecting on the internet without having to be drained by peopleness."

Haha! but your first hypothesis sounded so much more noble. I think that's the story I'm gonna stick to.

Hey, how'd that extrovert get in here? ;)

I'm an ENFJ! W00t!

Ack! Ack! Extroverts everywhere! [freaks out trying to tousle them out of his hair]

Back