Holy crap... I have two husbands... when did that happen.

Yes he is an 8 week old Rottie puppy.

So ridiculously cute! Congratulations on the new family member :)

I have to say, had the realization I have two wives recently as well. With the crap wife #2 had been going through with school and everything, while helping her deal with it, realized that she's my wife as well. Pretty awesome feeling

Life has been the same as always.

Peaceful, quiet, boring...lol.

I read a lot of blogs and posts here on the boards. I must be the weird one here. I have no drama. I do not get hurt if my guys have a hiccup in their libido, their work schedules, or if Murf doesn't text at midnight.

I have learned to focus on the big picture. To not sweat the small stuff so much. My life while it has its bumps I am blessed. I have two awesome guys. Are they perfect.. Hell no but neither am I.

... I must be the weird one here. I have no drama. I do not get hurt if my guys have a hiccup in their libido, their work schedules, or if Murf doesn't text at midnight.

I have learned to focus on the big picture. To not sweat the small stuff so much. My life while it has its bumps I am blessed. I have two awesome guys. Are they perfect.. Hell no but neither am I.

Nope, not the only one - for me it's hard to blog - "Yup, everything is fine. Life is good." The bumps ... are just regular bumps - last week work was stressful and I was in a bad mood, came home to not ONE clean dish in the house and three WEEKS of trash waiting to go out - had to have a "come to Jesus" talk with the boys...:eek: That's about it for drama...:rolleyes:

All I can say life is good... as it has been lately.

The puppy keeps growing like a weed. He is a little too smart for his own fuzzy good sometimes. When I miss Murf I snuggle the little beast. Murf bought him for me to keep me safe when we are apart. He heard me talk of my last Rottie and how I wanted another. (I lost my other Rottweiler in 2002.) For Valentines day he bought me a stuffed one and told me he would get me another someday. When my favorite breeder had a litter he got me the monster. He loves the breed too. Except he has never had a puppy of his own. His last puppy was over 13 years ago and that was his parents dog.

Tomorrow we (Butch, the kids and I) going to an amusement park with my boss, his family, and other friends. Murf is stuck working.

This weekend I get a solo weekend with Murf. No kids and Butch is keeping the puppy since we have big plans all weekend and it is too hot to take the puppy. He doesn't deal well with the heat.

I had a nice quiet weekend with Murf. We didn't get to do everything we wanted due to the weird unpredictable weather we have been having this summer.

The kids, puppy, and I went over yesterday to see him for an overnight. He has been under a lot of stress lately. I pains me to see him upset, and it kills me I can not fix it for him. All I can do is be supportive and strong.

The kids are having an "awesome summer." Which makes me smile. Last summer we had a lot of financial stress in both homes. This year they have gotten to do a lot more. Several trips to amusement parks. Outings to other events. A new puppy.

The puppy is getting huge. He has proven himself quite the protector. He does not like strange men anywhere near me or the kids. If Murf or Butch is around he watches but lets them handle things. If they are not he is on duty. This morning I took him outside to go to the bathroom. I took him outside to go to the bathroom this AM the neighbor has a landscaping company doing her yard work. Well the one guy crossed the property line and got too close to Murf's classic car he had out of the garage washing and shit hit the fan. He backed the man back across the property line snarling at 15 weeks. Once he was back across the line he just quietly laid down and put himself between the man, myself, and the car.

Then when I ran our bags out to my car with I parked across the street when Murf was with me he laid at his boundary line and watched. When I ran another bag out solo he came along at a perfect heel.

Murf witnessed it all... He rewarded him with some steak when he thought I wasn't looking. I teasingly chastised Murf for giving him people food. He said he is doing the job I got him for to protect you and the boys and to keep you company when I can not be there.

Rothul3_zps240956aa.jpg

D'aaaaaaawww... :D

Adorable :)

Your puppy is adorable. I just love rotties. My little dog, C is a collie cross and when he was younger, I also had 2 bullmastiffs. They have both passed away now but both C and I remain thrilled whenever we meet one of the large, mastiffy types.

Just to give another perspective, it could be that your puppy is going through a fear stage and is reacting defensively out of fear. Fear stages happen to all puppies and reacting defensively is very common in the guarding breeds - as is becoming suspicious of strangers.

If he were my puppy, I would seek to support him through it and make sure that he has lots of positive experiences with new men. He will likely never need to do anything more to protect you than hang around and look like a Rottweiler. Threatening behaviour toward humans very often results in dogs being executed and my opinion is that it is important that dogs - especially large ones - don't feel the need to do it.

My mastiffs and I had an agreement. I dealt with people who we're being weird or threatening. Their job was to stand around and let me. Worked a treat. :) Most of the worrying folk were just drunk or high (I live in a rough area) and no real threat. Most of them just wanted to chat about dogs for a few minutes.

I'd have a criminal record by now if my mastiffs had 'protected' me from strange men (or women). It's a criminal offence in the UK for dogs to threaten people.

IP

He was purchased as a personal protection dog. I have 25 years of dog training under my belt including Military Working Dog. I was one of the youngest kennel masters in the history of the US Army. His parents are pink papered from the ADRK in Germany. This is desired behavior him this dog. He has a solid out.

When a 6'2" man comes at me screaming and pointing at me in a hostile manner damn straight the Rottweiler better react.

Gorgeous puppy!

My first beast was a Rottie-mutt. She was naturally protective of me (even though she loved MrS best) but not aggressive at all. In her years with us she took a distinct dislike to 3 people ever (the property manager of the apartment next door, our upstairs neighbor, and a crazy homeless guy). I love the guard-dog instinct of "we are all good as long as you don't cross the line...we are waiting here until my people tell me you can come in." (If you look like you are crossing the line...all teeth and hackles...until you get inside, then she would run and hide under the bed!).

Current beast is a AmStaff/boxer-type terrier mutt. Loves all people, no loyalty what-so-ever (the little slut!:p) - the most that I could hope for is that she distracts them with her obvious size and strength ...and they are afraid of dogs. Fine with kids...if they don't mind getting knocked down inadvertently. Unfortunately aggressive towards other alpha dogs - we have tamed this down considerably (she is NOT allowed to "mad-dog" other dogs that WE have invited into our home for a visit). Such strong jaws and the terrier tenacity - rule is: NO biting play! Ever. (As you are a dog trainer, I'm curious if you think this makes any difference.)

Last edited:
Life is still good... spending the weekend with Murf and the kids.

My life is simple and happy.

What can I say life is pretty good.

I am dead tired a lot lately and life is busy. I recently picked up a second full time job. My only complaint is it cuts into my time with Murf lately. I just need to find a balance and a routine. I love what I do and two households to support.

My marriages are stronger than ever I love both my guys immensely.

Thank God I love what I do or my life right now would really suck...:p

I just wrapped up day 6 in a row of work. It wouldn't be so bad if I worked a traditional job, but I work a physical but yet technical job. Week three of my new practice and I am very happy. The Dr told me he was thinking of retiring before I came along. That I make his job easier and he enjoys working with me. :eek: It is so NICE to be appreciated so many veterinarians take their technicians for granted.

Missing Murf terribly! I am glad I sucked it up and ran to see him after a long long day yesterday. It was nice to spend some quality time with him no matter it seemed short. The kids and I will be back with him for the weekend.

Butch is in a good mood recently. He has NRE on board...lol. But she seems like she is a good woman who has her stuff together. I am amazed at the numbers of adults who don't. I am amazed at the women who are looking to hook their little red wagon to a gravy train. I am sorry I have NO URGE to have another woman living in my in my home ever. I have no urge to be apart of his relationship.

I am so not feeling work right now... Don't get me wrong I love my job. I just would have preferred some more sleep.

Life is good. I had my weekend with Murf and the kids it just passes too quickly.

Butch is in a happy place which makes me happy.

Life has been busy. The kids are back in school. My second job is wonderful. I enjoy working for this clinic. They appreciate me skills. They do practice a different medicine than I am used to. I am used to state of the art practices. My clinic is old school, BUT I live in an economically depressed area my boss is filling a much needed niche. GOOD Affordable care.

This weekend Murf and I are kid free this weekend. Looking forward to much needed bonding time.

This is weekend went by too quickly..

I am beginning to wonder if I belong here on the boards.

I have no drama. My life is drama free. I manage having 2 husbands and running two separate households with relative ease. My guys trust me to do what is right. No guilt or pettiness.

I have learned not to sweat the small stuff. Enjoy the little things. To go with the flow. My guys do love me. I smile as I type this. Murf is sleeping with his head in my lap and his arms wrapped around my waist. There was a time I freaked out because we no longer had sex everyday. I now know that when he is stressed it effects his sex drive. Plus he is 40 not 20. He is tired he works 12 .hr night shift at a job he hates. He also isn't the best with words. He shows his affection though touch.

I love him the way he is...

Butch is Butch. We definitely communicate a thousand times better. I wish he wouldn't bring up bdsm with me. I hate it. I am trying to rebuild trust with him in that dept I wish he would respect my feelings on the subject and not force me into conversation that gets warped into talking about playing. He does it subconscious. I hope the woman he is starting a relationship with enjoys what he likes. The poor man needs an outlet.

Back