Hi from Illinois!

Erin

Hi everyone!

My name is Erin. I'm in my early 30s, non-practicing bi, married to a man, and living the mono lifestyle. Poly interests me for many reasons, but my SO fiercely refuses the notion of sharing. So, I'm hear to learn, to grow, and to heal from his hurtful words as if I'm a bad person for having these desires.

If you live in Illinois, have some advice, or just want to chat, be sure to say hi! I have much to learn and am happy to be here! :D

I'm not in the Illinois area, nor that general area of America. =P I'm all the way at the other side of the world in England. But hi! Welcome to the forum and don't be shy to strike up a chat! =]

I'm not in the Illinois area, nor that general area of America. =P I'm all the way at the other side of the world in England. But hi! Welcome to the forum and don't be shy to strike up a chat! =]

Why thank you, Somegeezer! May I ask how you decided on this User Name? Quite unique, if you ask me. I chose Erin because I'm Irish and have family roots still living next door to you :)

I got my username when I was about 12 or 13. I was setting up an e-mail address and wasn't sure what I should put. I asked a friend next to me and he just casually said "oh just put some geezer @ whatever or something", so I figured "Somegeezer" sounded quite good. I use it as a username for most things now. I just never needed a change. =] My real name is Ciaran, which is actually an Irish name. I have no Irish family though. There are a few friends I have with a lot of irish background and some I even talk to in Ireland. It seems like a lovely place. I hope to visit it someday. =] My fathers side of the family is Welsh and English, My mothers side is English and Dutch. I hope that was enough info to keep you reading. ^_^

Yes, I read your whole post - thank you for sharing :)

We'll talk again soon, I'm sure :)

Well feel free to send a PM my way anytime. =] I also have facebook if you wish to add me anytime. I'm generally on there more than most sites. ^_^

Well feel free to send a PM my way anytime. =] I also have facebook if you wish to add me anytime. I'm generally on there more than most sites. ^_^

Cant FB anyone from here - my husband "forbids" me from having these thoughts. He has no idea about this forum. Thanks, though! :)

That is unfortunate that your husband feels that way. Well there's still the PM option on the site. Anytime you feel you need someone to talk to about anything at all. Even if you just want to talk about you day. =]

I don't have much to say except I feel for you. Don't ever let anyone make you feel bad for what you want in life. Especially if it does no real harm. And, I hope he appreciates how much you love him to tuck this side of you away for him. Good luck.

Welcome to the forum! Sending you loads of loving and embracing vibes, first and foremost~~~~~~

I don't live in Illinois but I am currently in Illinois (Evanston/Chicago) for the week.

I don't have much to say except I feel for you. Don't ever let anyone make you feel bad for what you want in life. Especially if it does no real harm. And, I hope he appreciates how much you love him to tuck this side of you away for him. Good luck.

Thank you for your kindness!

I'm learning and growing before I make any drastic changes. My eyes are wide open, but there's so much at stake if I don't plan wisely. Just like anything, I need to be better prepared if the inevitable happens. I believe I'll know by this spring due to upcoming events I'd rather not share on here yet.

Welcome to the forum! Sending you loads of loving and embracing vibes, first and foremost~~~~~~

I don't live in Illinois but I am currently in Illinois (Evanston/Chicago) for the week.

On business? Evanston is nice. Chicago is even better :)

And yes, I need lots of loving and embracing vibes sent my way, kind of like a big friendly hug :)

On business? Evanston is nice. Chicago is even better :)

And yes, I need lots of loving and embracing vibes sent my way, kind of like a big friendly hug :)

*Gives masses of big, friendly hugs* =D Everyone loves hugs, even if they say they don't. ^_^

Thank you for your kindness!

I'm learning and growing before I make any drastic changes. My eyes are wide open, but there's so much at stake if I don't plan wisely. Just like anything, I need to be better prepared if the inevitable happens. I believe I'll know by this spring due to upcoming events I'd rather not share on here yet.

Cautiousness is best when it comes to huge decisions like this. And, unfortunately, self protection! I know how that feels.

Back