sigh.

mrcalzon02

me and my wife are having issues looking for a third. we had someone here locally who seamed interested but ran into issues... turned she had a dis-like for me the male half. but a healthy interest in her. things seamed like they might work out. she eventual opened up that she had no interest in me at all. this meant that we needed to keep looking. we have a very narrow list... while its something we feel we might have been able to deal with.. my wife is not bi so have to look else-wear. Its sad, she's a wonderful friend that we do truly care for. one of the reason's we even asked her is we both already had a feeling of trust with her. sorry if this is a little ...random trying to figure out how to word all of this... it is a strange process for us. any one else have negative attempt with people who knew them Before the ploy question?:confused:

I don't quite understand why you are looking for a gf for the both of you if your wife is straight.

This is what is throwing me, too, actually.

I think a lot of couples who are starting to explore polyamory think that a tried would be an ideal relationship because it seems less threatening than dating separately (like maybe you won't be jealous if your partner falls in love, if you are also in love with the same person). In reality, it doesn't work that way. Solid triad relationships do happen, but it's sort of a fluke-- there are far more people looking for them than living them.

It's a difficult thing to achieve, and if your wife is not bisexual, that's going to make it a little more of a challenge. Or do you envision your wife simply having a platonic friendship with your other girlfriend?

(Your intro post suggested that you are hoping to bring in another, younger girlfriend who can have a baby, so the three of you can co-parent together. That's a pretty tall order.)

yes, we are thinking of different answers to our situation now, we may go to a more open marriage and see how that works out. we have a lot of talking to do... yes it is a tall order.. we might need to widen our search. I think dating separately might have a chance. we will need to consider these choices...i guess that might be the only way we might find the solution we are looking for.
our end goal is to be able to raise kids together. it is a tall order. we are going to keep looking.

me and my wife are having issues looking for a third. we had someone here locally who seamed interested but ran into issues... turned she had a dis-like for me the male half. but a healthy interest in her. things seamed like they might work out. she eventual opened up that she had no interest in me at all. this meant that we needed to keep looking. we have a very narrow list... while its something we feel we might have been able to deal with.. my wife is not bi so have to look else-wear. Its sad, she's a wonderful friend that we do truly care for. one of the reason's we even asked her is we both already had a feeling of trust with her. sorry if this is a little ...random trying to figure out how to word all of this... it is a strange process for us. any one else have negative attempt with people who knew them Before the ploy question?:confused:

A third what?

a narrow list? Are you grocery shopping? Girlfriends are people, not check-lists.

It sounds more like you're looking for a second wife who will basically be a free, live-in nanny. Unsurprising if women aren't knocking down your door for that...

we should have a thick hide about this(it is the internet were talking to.) but it still hurts when you insult or be little us. we came here for advice and to share in what might lie ahead.

Yes we have a list. so? the list is common sense things like, Must not be drug addict, or must not be Clinically insane. live-in-nanny is that what you call a mother? We didn't go into this thinking it would be instant. how many people can say they are really okay with dating someone who is married? that is a must have,and its on the list. Lists are organized Lists are easy. people are not lists weed out those who cannot think. we where not born yesterday.we are aware that we are probably going to need to start as casual and then If things develop from there who ever is with us is not going to be Blindsided by the question "Gee you willing to have a kid" out of nothing. Any parent can tell you them more help the Better! you know the old saying "it takes a community to raise kids" and its Us who would end up the nanny's. not her, the child would be hers we would be helping her taking as much or as little part as She was willing... maybe you are right and we aren't cut out for this, we still intend to try.

we should have a thick hide about this(it is the internet were talking to.) but it still hurts when you insult or be little us. we came here for advice and to share in what might lie ahead.

Perhaps the advice you've just received is to point out how you may very well be coming across to women you proposition.

You say:

we have discovered the much desired option of having and raising a child is not going to be a choice with the wife. ...we would need to seek out other's who might help us, not to mention we both enjoy the idea of having another lover in our life.

To me, this DOES sound like you want a fun sex toy for the two of you that can also give you (the two of you) the baby you want.

If you approached me saying this, my answer would be...no. No. And NO again. It would sound to me very much exactly like what Schrodinger's Cat said. I would very much believe that you were asking me to bear a child FOR YOU AND YOUR WIFE, not my own child.

Like a critique of writing or music or acting you're about to put out in the world...isn't it better to hear it HERE than hear from the rest of your town, from your family, your co-workers, from people who know you, that this woman is telling everyone how it felt to her? If you think you feel bad hearing it from a stranger on the internet, how are you going to feel hearing it from family, friends, and co-workers?

If this is NOT what you're looking for, if we're off base, it would be helpful to you, to clarify your own thoughts by explaining HERE, before you try to explain to other women in your town, exactly what you really want.

As you say, this would be HER child as well as yours. Any time she wants to pack up and leave, that child likely goes with her. Are you ready for that? For the legal issues that could ensue? For paying child support for a child who might be living in New York or Hawaii?

Why not adopt a child? Why not hire a surrogate? Why not a child where YOU AND YOUR WIFE are the legal parents, rather than you and another woman, who has a life, thoughts, feelings, and will of her own?

I think this is fair, on both ends. Yeah, you need to toughen up a bit about asking for advice on the interwebs especially when what you are looking for is so...common a search for married couples. On the other hand, being nice to the newbies is always something to shoot for.

Yes we have a list. so? the list is common sense things like, Must not be drug addict, or must not be Clinically insane. live-in-nanny is that what you call a mother? ... maybe you are right and we aren't cut out for this, we still intend to try.

Again, I kind of see this. If what you're looking for is a triad of some sort (although it doesn't sound like your wife is sexually interested in women, so...), then all the same criteria that people have for roommates apply. Not a drug addict or a sociopath, responsible, etc are all good qualities for roommates. Then you're trying to have a child with this person. Okay, so that adds on all the issues that come with surrogacy/open-adoption...that they have an accepting family, that they aren't bad at making life choices, etc.

Hell, I wasn't looking to date, and I've found I still have an internal list: kind, intelligent, funny, respectful, quirky, patient, dedicated. Those are all requirements for long-lasting friendship, and, apparently, whatever else there is in the world.

Take a breath and start slow. Best advice I've been given.

Brass tacks

We are talking about going out, having fun around town dinner,movies,bars, restaurants, and having a healthy sex drive. about having close friends who are also family.being able to work,play and share life. Failing to see the down sides to any of this. we are stable sane happy people looking for a drug free female partner to add to our fun.with the choice of becoming something more.
<Venting on a public forum is bad news and i should really keep that kind of thing to myself.> please forgive the outburst.

Last edited:
back on topic.The core question here was has anyone else had problems with people they have expressed and interest in having a poly-relationship with them?

Perhaps it's the initial presentation of what you seek?

So far I gather that you and wife are considering Opening your marriage.

You would like to be the "hinge" or "shared sweetie." And in dating this new woman, you hope to find someone for a long term partnership. Up to and including having children with her. Should that relationship progress to that place, the hope is that she would would be willing to cohabitate with you and wife and everyone co-parents the children.

What would wife like in the open marriage? Is she going to be dating too? Has she decided what her wants, needs, and limits are?

back on topic.The core question here was has anyone else had problems with people they have expressed and interest in having a poly-relationship with them?

Yes. Because not everyone is seeking a polyship. Some want a monoship.

By the same token, even if they ARE poly wired? Just because you would like to date them doesn't mean they would want to date you. Everyone's attracted to different types of people. They may also be full up on their polysaturation point and just not seeking more partners right now.

That's why it is called dating -- the search to find the compatible one(s) to you.

HTH!
Galagirl

Last edited:
Someone who has kids already? Have not put much thought there yet. Don't know how that would work out.Might make things harder, might make them easier. would be willing to talk and consider that choice.

Last edited:
Flame from here on out.Read at own risk.
so when it comes down to it what is this? okay.
what this ends up being is
1.dating again.
2.looking for someone who wants to go out with male half.
3.Willing to date a married person.
4.And who is willing to do so with the knowledge that we are looking for something Long term.
5.And that they must be child friendly.(I,e NO drugs, no insanity's)
6.And they will always have the choice to leave.

how hard is it to find someone who is drug free? who isn't insane? is not being involved in crime that hard to come by? is that really that rare?

And.. when did people stop wanting to have sex? is it bad to want it? to want to explore sexually? why is that a bad thing?

I'm failing to see why people seam to be freaking out about what we want. are people getting angry because we are basically looking for a wife/sister third? are they jealous? angry that we dare disturb there little world? or that we might attain what they dare-not-admit/are-unable ?

Your failure to hear us is why people are pointing it out. No one here is freaking out. The people here see your question more than once a week. Many of them have been here for years, seeing this question once a week. Many of the folks who have provided you answers have been approached by couples much like yourselves. They ARE the women you are looking for. They are trying to explain to you why this is difficult. If you wanted someone to encourage you, you should have asked for encouragement.

I don't quite understand how that's a 'flame' but you might want to consider that presenting a flame in a place you are asking for help and advice might not be the way to get help and advice.

Also the people giving the advice have been the seekers. They know your struggles.

I recommend you read up the volumes of things already written on these forums. You might find the encouragement you seek. There is a thread on success stories. Although, I think you will find much more useful advice if you do a tag search for 'unicorn.'

I think the point that people are trying to make is that you have a very clear role in mind,and you are hoping to meet someone whom you can fit into it, into the sort of situation you want for yourselves -- rather than simply being open to meeting people and letting the relationships develop according to the dynamics, wants, and needs of all three of you.

For example, what if you meet a woman with whom you really hit it off, have a great rapport and attraction in all ways - physical, intellectual, emotional - and she gets along with your wife and is totally into having a relationship with a married poly man, but she has no desire to have children? Would you say, "Thanks but no thanks" to someone who could really be a wonderful partner in all ways but that, just because she doesn't want to give birth? When adoption is a possibility (and one of the noblest, loving things anyone can do), why have her womb be part of the deal? Your possibilities will be very limited with such a narrow focus.

See, it's always better to look for the person who is right for you, not the role or configuration for someone to be inserted into.

Last edited:
I think the point that people are trying to make is that you have a very clear role in mind,and you are hoping to meet someone whom you can fit into it, into the sort of situation you want for yourselves -- rather than simply being open to meeting people and letting the relationships develop according to the dynamics, wants, and needs of all three of you.

For example, what if you meet a woman with whom you really hit it off, have a great rapport and attraction in all ways - physical, intellectual, emotional - and she gets along with your wife and is totally into having a relationship with a married poly man, but she has no desire to have children? Would you say, "Thanks but no thanks" to someone who could really be a wonderful partner in all ways but that, just because she doesn't want to give birth? When adoption is a possibility (and one of the noblest, loving things anyone can do), why have her womb be part of the deal? Your possibilities will be very limited with such a narrow focus.

See, it's always better to look for the person who is right for you, not the role or configuration for someone to be inserted into.

Thank you, hadn't thought about things like that. now that's really food for thought. that gives us a lot to consider. we are going to have a lot of soul search over the next month or so and see what we decide to do.
:)

Back