A request: state your gender and sexual preference/orientation

hubby is straight, and I am situational bi sexual...I am attracted to certain women, and have had numerous fun times with women, including using strapon's....had a hot, bleach blonde, that look's like a playboy model, do the hell outta me once...talk about a turn on..she did a great job for her first time. Most of my attention sway's towards men though, I couldn't do without them....:D Candi

Female,Straight,in a relationship with a Poly male,I'm still learning and am not averse to the possibility of meeting someone else while I am with him :)

I'm a homosexual polyamorous male... I have no issue with labels as long as they're accurate. since homo/gay/ect means being attracted to the same sex, and thats what I am, there's no problem

I'm a bit confused by the bi and pan ppl that don't like labels. if the label describes you, what's the issue?

I'm a bit confused by the bi and pan ppl that don't like labels. if the label describes you, what's the issue?

Ahhhh ... the bi label! Am I confused? Perhaps I'm just transitioning! I have a male fiancé and a boyfriend, so I can't like girls THAT much ... (Meanwhile, women are almost exclusively what I "check out.") Wait, no, I just like to get drunk and make out with girls. ;)

I've had lesbians not take me seriously, many straight people don't get it, and some guys just see the easy half of a threesome.

So, the label describes me (I don't consider it as excluding trans people, since I view them as whatever sex they identify with), but I don't like strangers using it, or defining myself to strangers that way ...

I guess the best example I can come up with might be when I'm around my male gay friends ... occassionally one of them will do something very stereotypically "gay" which either results in they themselves, or someone in the group calling them a fag. Or they describe something they've done and how they're such a fag for it. But none of them would ever introduce themselves to someone as a "fag".

We can define the labels all we want, but we can't change what other people associate them with.

Female, Bisexual, Poly
Married to: Male, Straight, Open-Minded
Hopeful about: Male, Straight, Open-Minded
Wishing for: Female, Bisexual, Poly

I fall in love with people, not bodies = correct

Pshaw. Says the boring monosexual!

I dislike both the bi and pan labels, but one has to pick something and I fall in love with people, not bodies.

------------------
your idea is correct, this is the "clever way"...
hormonal/sensual/sexual pleasures are "just a part of the pleasure".

But we are "more than an animal/vegetable", we have a "more comples brain" taht enables conversation betweee clevernesses, although different (like a fork and a knife...)

It is a real pleasure (before/after sex) to climb with other one to "intellectual montains", whatever they may be (art, science, discussion about anything, building a project, etc)

And SOME people are better, have more skills/generosity/knowledges on those fileds.

So they are a pleasure.. to love....

@TP I understand that, I have a few of the "fag" friends too, although I rarely use the word, and never use it to describe myself or ppl I love. I think it goes in tow with women calling their friends and themselves bitches, yet taking offense if someone outside the circle says it, same with "n"

and not to throw more labels at you, but you sound more heteroflexible than bi, pretty much meaning ur attraction to men far outweigh yours to women, but the attraction is still there
but I could be wrong :)

and not to throw more labels at you, but you sound more heteroflexible than bi, pretty much meaning ur attraction to men far outweigh yours to women, but the attraction is still there

It's simply a matter of convenience, to be honest. Small city ... men are easier to find. I've been around more guys my whole life, have more guy friends by far, and honestly find it difficult to "seduce" a woman ... :eek: I DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE THINKING!! :D

It's simply a matter of convenience, to be honest. Small city ... men are easier to find. I've been around more guys my whole life, have more guy friends by far, and honestly find it difficult to "seduce" a woman ... :eek: I DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE THINKING!! :D

It's the same for me; although I can't blame it on being in a small city.

And while I'm sure you didn't mean to offend, statements like that are one of the reasons I so dislike identifying as bi ... It feels like I have to justify my sexuality if I don't have "one of each" when dating. :(

no, offending was not the MO, hence me saying I could be wrong, I was simply thinking aloud. And being bi doesn't mean you need a relationship with both, just means you're attracted to both. I mean I'm gay and single, doesn't mean I'm asexual until I get in a relationship, I still like guys-if that makes sense.
again i was only making a suggestion, one I could not fully explain because I'm typing with a psp and have a limited character count per message, and I try not to post multiple comments.

but to save space, what I neglected to add was that I'd mentioned the 'flexible' label because I know many people who reluctantly identified as bi who felt that flexible was a more accurate label, even if still not completely how they felt. I intended to ask you to look it up and see if it didnt sound more familiar than simply bi, then add at the end that "I could be wrong (but just trying to help) :D"

but yeah... that didnt fit, sorry :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Female, androphile (aka straight), married with a boyfriend.

I used to go to another forum that, because it was about reproductive rights, had a "birth control" section on the "person who is posting" part of posts. That is there was the avatar, and then things like location, gender and type of birth control.

Is there any way to do something like that here? We could specify such things as relationship orientation and sex orientation.
If it doesn't fit in the posts themselves, maybe having categories like that on the profiles would help too?

Female, androphile (aka straight), married with a boyfriend.

I used to go to another forum that, because it was about reproductive rights, had a "birth control" section on the "person who is posting" part of posts. That is there was the avatar, and then things like location, gender and type of birth control.

Is there any way to do something like that here? We could specify such things as relationship orientation and sex orientation.
If it doesn't fit in the posts themselves, maybe having categories like that on the profiles would help too?

Oh gods that sounds really scarey for where I am now. Tonberry, no offense to you. But for me right now I really want more reasons to relate to people not less. Not based on gender, or location, or birth control. Not based on relationship orentation, or avatar, or sex oreintation. I want more reasons to connect not less.

I want more reasons to connect not less.

I think TonBerry was simply suggesting a way to describe ourselves more in our poster area, such as adding our gender, orientation and relationship status (if we so choose to add them). It seems like a good idea to me, just makes it easier to understand eachother without having to ask.
just trying to clarify, no offense intended :)

I think you are right ... and i think that just for tonight I am feeling very very alone and so I reacted wrong. I think I should stop talking now.

It was indeed just a suggestion, and if it was to be implemented it wouldn't be compulsory to fill it, either (and with open stuff like that you can fill it any way you want, too). It might be helpful sometimes to know if, for instance, you're talking to a gay male or a straight female. Ultimately, people are people and it's good to be able to relate and give advice, but the fact that's I'm female, like males and am poly is going to influence the advice that's going to be useful to me personally, so I definitely would fill that information if given the opportunity.

Back