I suppose I really can't avoid the parrot, can I?

PNWSailor

I mean, sailing and poly, it seems so horribly, obviously required. But I bet the cats eat it.

Oh, right, there's a point to this, isn't there...

So, I'm M, a married father of two. My wife ("A") and I are both happily poly, but with a fairly limited pool because we've never actively participated in any sort of poly community - just relied on random chance and very occasional online hookups. Silly, but there you go. Anyway, I'm here because the forum is interesting and the conversations look good and, well, there was this shiny "Register" link somewhere or other. My wife might join in later, and at the very least will be reading over the shoulder.

Thanks! I should probably clarify that I'm not military - purely a civilian sailor, mostly salt water in our family cruising boat.

No worries...still mariners either way.

Welcome to the Forum.

You're in a good place for an IRL community as well....Seattle has a fairly active poly community from what I understand.

Last edited:
So, I'm M, a married father of two. My wife ("A") and I are both happily poly, but with a fairly limited pool because we've never actively participated in any sort of poly community - just relied on random chance and very occasional online hookups.

I have to say I'm unclear as to what you're looking for by referencing occasional hookups...are you looking for a swingers group? We have members here who also swing in addition to having poly relationships, so perhaps they can point you in the right direction, if that's the case.

As for organized poly communities, well, those are fewer in number and trickier to find in many areas. Still, if we have other members reasonably close to you, somebody may know of a group or be interested in helping form a group.

I have to say I'm unclear as to what you're looking for by referencing occasional hookups...are you looking for a swingers group? We have members here who also swing in addition to having poly relationships, so perhaps they can point you in the right direction, if that's the case.

As for organized poly communities, well, those are fewer in number and trickier to find in many areas. Still, if we have other members reasonably close to you, somebody may know of a group or be interested in helping form a group.

No, we're not looking for swingers groups. (We refer to swinging as "hi, nice shoes, wanna fuck?" sex.) What we've been finding in the past has mostly been people interested in just that, or perhaps at most a "friends with benefits" relationship. There's nothing wrong with any of that, but it's not what we're interested in. As we're both geeks, and we've been somewhat housebound by toddlers for the past few years, we've mostly been looking online - and are somewhat embarrassed, to be honest, that we live in an area that has a strong and vibrant "meatspace" community that we haven't taken advantage of. We should fix that. In the meantime, the discussions here are interesting to explore.

It's all good. I shouldn't have put my foot in my mouth. ;)

Oh, like hell you did, it's an obvious conclusion I should have thought to avoid - especially since every time I take the boat out I pass the Abraham Lincoln's berth and have to dodge the security zones. ;)

Back