Poly Websites?

polylicious

Hi there,

What have you found to be the best websites for connecting with other poly-minded people?

Do you mean for dating or discussion

This one, poly percolations and fetlife are the more active poly sites. Fetlife being for pervs, but the poly community is active

for dating, okcupid is the resounding "best"

there are also *shudders*.. some news groups, talk groups on yahoo. If you can stomach the horribleness that is yahoo groups, you could search through them and find local ones that can connect you to other poly peeps

lastly some of the larger cities use meetups.com to list their poly meetings.

ari

Do you mean for dating or discussion

This one, poly percolations and fetlife are the more active poly sites. Fetlife being for pervs, but the poly community is active

for dating, okcupid is the resounding "best"

there are also *shudders*.. some news groups, talk groups on yahoo. If you can stomach the horribleness that is yahoo groups, you could search through them and find local ones that can connect you to other poly peeps

lastly some of the larger cities use meetups.com to list their poly meetings.

ari

I meant for both (dating and discussion).

I (we) are on OKC and will check out the other sites.

Thanks!

For discussion:

here, obviuosly, lol.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/polyfamilies/ . They discuss everything under the son, not just poly. One of the more current topics is nuclear power, the different types and alternative types of power. They aren't horrible, lol. They don't have a lot of spam, very few trolls and the folks truly are knowledgeable or are looking to become so. http://www.polyamorousmisanthrope.com/ (one of the founding members I believe) is a member as is Franklin Veaux of www.xeromag.com . It's not so much a meet me group although several there have met in real time.

www.polymatchmaker.com is good for conversation and they also have a browse section similar to OKC although I'm not having much luck meeting folk from either site.

Yep. My (former) quad founded PolyFamilies - the website (which I handed over to my ex-wife, and I don't believe is being updated), and the group.

<modesty>Though I'm fond of a lot of the material on PolyFamilies </modesty>
Welcome Mama :D. I'm glad you found my other favourite place to gab about just about anything :D.

I'm rather fond of a lot of the material as well.

I don't think the site is being updated either, unfortunately :(.

I actually find the FB group I admin to be my favourite right now... and here of course :D heh (sorta bias).

Gotta agree...;)

I do wish the yahoo groups would blow up and come somewhere more user friendly.. Lots of users throughout the poly world on yahoo.. but its.. beyond painful to use.

Back