Greetings from Portland!

Eleanor

Hey all - I'm from Portland, OR, and am delighted to find this site. My husband and I have been in an open relationship for 8 years (married for 3) and poly for the last few. (I make the distinction between open and poly being that for many years I didn't want him to "fall in love"). I've gotten over that. I used to be more interested in playing with others on occasion, sometimes together,sometimes apart, but I was threatened by the idea of emotional connections. But as i got older, I realized that emotional connection is where the real juice is, and by cutting that off, we were really missing out. So now I have a lover I see on a regular basis, and my husband dates a few people. I look forward to *meeting* many of you. The truth is, I run a sex-positive theater company and I just wrote a show about our life together (called Lust and Marriage) but the first time I was on this site I gave a link to the trailer and pretty much got banned immediately for being a spambot, so now I'll be a little more careful. If you are interested, just ask. I'd love to bring the show to a theater near you! (I'll be in Santa Fe, LA and Seattle in the next few months).

Greetings Eleanor,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Yeah, sorry, we have to be uber-careful about potential spam, we get so much of it on this site that we have to be downright paranoid about it. Indeed, when I first started I got a warning for an LLC query I posted and while it expired after a year, it remains visibly part of my profile record forever. Ouch! Oh well, live and learn, wabi-sabi, etc.

Have been hearing a lot about Portland lately and its poly-friendly atmosphere. Pretend there was an epic battle between Portland and Seattle to prove which was "the poly capital of the world." Who would win? I place even money on both cities at the moment.

It's great to hear you have been about the business of opening your mind even more, and are now testing the poly waters. I hope you find it as rewarding as I do!

Great to have you with us; hope you enjoy your stay.
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

served areicka

Great to see you Eleanor! Look forward to getting to "know" you...
Debbie

thanks Kevin and Debbie - I'm delighted to be so warmly welcomed. As for who would be who in a Portland/Seattle poly smackdown, I have no idea. Seattle has the Center for Sex Positive Culture, which is pretty awesome. But we've got Sex-Positive Portland, which is growing. I feel very blessed to live in the Northwest!

That is great Eleanor! I am glad to live in a state where there are people who are open-minded about sex and relationships. I sent you a PM.

Heh, the Northwest rocks. ;)

Hello Eleanor! Nice to see you here! Portland is a great city!

It's true! Portland is pretty awesome, and has been extremely supportive of my theater company, Dance Naked Productions. I feel really blessed to live in such an open-minded place. I'm currently performing a solo show about polyamory called Lust & Marriage (I did a run here in Portland and now I'm taking it on tour). I hope to meet some of y'all on the road!

Back