Mummy to pliglets

Pliglet

Hi, i'm Plig. i'm in my early 20's, pansexual, and i'm in a committed relationship with my best friend and her partner. We all live together in a very chaotic awesome house along with the three children involved (yes, we stole the term 'pliglets' from sisterwives), of which none are biologically mine...yet

So, from the reading she and i have done so far...i'm a unicorn apparently. :p (but the username i wanted was already taken...so pliglet it is)

I'm still at university, so hopefully at the end of next year i can start planning pliglet nr 4 :D

Um... other than that.
We're now 'out' to four out of six parents (almost five since my dad won't care), most of our siblings and most of our friends. and i haven't heard a negative word yet, which is pretty awesome cause we were quite worried about how people would react.

Also I'm a book/crafting nerd with a special love for all things children and childbirth :eek:

Last edited:
Are you from Europe? Spelling "mommy" as "mummy" seems to be something they do. It gives me nightmares.

Welcome to the forum. I would say you were a unicorn but now you're just a third of the triad.

Are you from Europe? Spelling "mommy" as "mummy" seems to be something they do. It gives me nightmares.

Welcome to the forum. I would say you were a unicorn but now you're just a third of the triad.

australia. we use mummy down here, its the correct way to write it. mommy gives me the heebie-jeebies. ;)

LOL. and yes, not a unicorn anymore. although i do love the term. :p

Australia's linguistics is very similar to Europe, since it's a former colony. So that makes sense too.

So do you say mom or mum?

I still say the thought of King Tut taking care of my kids is scary!

Hello Plig,
Welcome to our forum.

I envy you, being able to out yourself to several people so far, and no negative reactions. Here's to hoping the good trend will continue!

Great to have you on our site, I hope you will feel at home here.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

P.S. Re: mummy ... aaauuuggghhh ... aaaaauuuuuggggghhhhh ... just kidding. ;)

Mum! Always mum (although I think I'll get called 'mama' when I have a baby. :p )

I'm so relieved that most people in my life are ok with it. I think it's because we'd lived together 18+months prior to starting a relationship so it seemed like a natural progression even to people who are firmly mono. Plus most of our mummy friends art totally jealous of my bestie for having me, with or without sex. lol.

And Ironically when coming out to my parents, I learnt that open/poly relationships run in my family ;)

Re:
"And ironically when coming out to my parents, I learnt that open/poly relationships run in my family ..."

Well that's a surprise! Hope you took the news well, :)

Also I'm a book/crafting nerd with a special love for all things children and childbirth :eek:
:mad::mad::mad: (Because you live in Oz and family responsibilities mean that you'll probably never travel to Europe [???])

:):):) Because you're who you are. (I've only read your post on the thread "Building Self Esteem - What Works?" and then jumped to this one, but I'm now going to check out your other threads and probably, probably, request your friendship:eek::eek::eek:.)

How old are the children that you're co-parenting?

I'm going to recommend 2 books to you:

a) Woman On The Edge Of Time by Marge Piercy - my favourite [adult] novel of all time, the most attractive utopia that I know of, which contains bits on co-parenting. DO NOT read the wikipedia entry on this book before you read the book itself! Some idiot has spoiled one of the secrets in the plot. The link I supply is to amazon, which doesn't make this mistake.

b) Kiss Me! - How To Raise Your Children With Love by Dr. Carlos González - the best book on childrearing that I've ever read. In fact, on page 2, I said to myself: "This is a great book!" On page 60, I said: "I want to translate it into English." (I read it in the original Spanish and - at that time - it had been translated into Portuguese, German, and Italian... but not English. I got permission from Dr. González to do the work [he sent me a digital copy of the original], but due to my very intermittent access to computer technology [and other factors], it took me years to translate. I hadn't finished the corrections when I found that it has been published [AT LAST!] in English. I'm sorry that I didn't make it as the official translator, but I'm overjoyed that this amazing and much-needed book is now available in English.)

Last edited:
(Because you live in Oz and family responsibilities mean that you'll probably never travel to Europe [???])
hehe, nah i'm planning to go back to europe in a couple years. i'm originally from there, even if i'm a total oz girl now. But it'll mostly be to visit family. unless i take a child, in which case i might try to travel a little bit to expand her horizons.
Because you're who you are. (I've only read your post on the thread "Building Self Esteem - What Works?" and then jumped to this one, but I'm now going to check out your other threads and probably, probably, request your friendship)
hehe, i shall be very flattered <3
glad you liked that post! i'm a bit flattered by your attention :p
How old are the children that you're co-parenting?
they are 7 (boy), 2.5 (girl) and almost 9 months (girl) :D I was there for the birth of the second two, the conception of the last, and i've been co-parenting basically since the middle one was 1 (well, that's when i moved in) but part time since sometime after she was born.
I'm going to recommend 2 books to you:
Thankyou for the book recommendations! i am checking them out as we speak :D
nothing better than a new book to add to my reading list!

I forgot to add this one! But if you're a childbirth freak, you probably already know about Sheila Kitzinger. I was partnering a friend through a preparation-for-home-birth group in Barcelona and read everything the group had in its library. One of Sheila's books was my favourite, but I can't recognise it on that web-site; perhaps the title has been changed. (Yes, I read it in English.)

Years later, another friend, preparing for home-birth, started to read (in Spanish) another book by Ms. K. but got upset at "all" the warnings about what can go wrong. (Didn't seem excessive to me, just sensible caution IN CASE.) She said that she felt like burning such a "negative" book. I said: "Well, if you want rid of it, give it to me. I'm a big fan of hers." Later, leafing through the book, I found... myself! [Much younger, hence unrecognised by my friend until I pointed it out.] The photos for the Spanish edition were from Spanish births, and there was me sitting next to the mother at my SECOND birthing (the mind-blowing one).

Hi :) I'm early 20s myself, I have a toddler, and I'm very much into natural childbirth and natural parenting.

Thank you to MrFarFromRight for posting a link to the Kiss Me book, btw. It looks AWESOME and I've added it to my Amazon wish list.

Hi :) I'm early 20s myself, I have a toddler, and I'm very much into natural childbirth and natural parenting.

Thank you to MrFarFromRight for posting a link to the Kiss Me book, btw. It looks AWESOME and I've added it to my Amazon wish list.

its lovely to meet you. :)

Back