New in Alaska

ManyNorth

A friend gave me a book to read on polyamory relationships. The book was in line with interests I had not acted upon. My Internet search led to this forum and I want to introduce myself. I am a man in Alaska who is an avid outdoorsmen and winter sports lover. My interest here include everything from intimate discussions to physical relationships. The book also mentioned polymatchmaker.com. Imagine my surprise when I found no current members in my home State of Alaska (humor intended). I am very interested in meeting or chatting with other members as I begin to explore. I am particularly interested if any Alaska members wish to chat. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

D

Welcome to the forum, ManyNorth!

I think that I have seen a few Alaskans posting here - I am certain they will come out of the woodwork, if there are still around.

So are you currently single? If not, how have the discussions with your partner gone as far as polyamory is concerned?

Hi ManyNorth,
Welcome to our forum.

I suppose you could try a forum search for the word "Alaska?" I'm sure we have some members from that area.

I hope you will enjoy your time on our website. Check out the different threads, and post any thoughts/questions/concerns you may have.

Regards,
Kevin T.

We live in Wasilla.
There's a poly meetup group in Anchorage which we don't attend.
There's also a group that used to meet at the GLCC in Anchorage-which we also don't attend.

Neither of my guys read the forum here generally-disinterested.

I know several poly-families in the Wasilla area-but I generally don't socialize with them-because they are.... more sexually free than I'm interested in being.

Thank you

Thank you for the welcomes. I am very new to the idea and have a lot to learn. Radiance, I am interested in hearing about your general experience in Alaska. More to follow as I explore my way.

DISCLAIMER: many on this board live by the creed that love can be sudden and gone as quickly. It's not my intent to say what ANYONE ELSE should live by for their life. ONLY to address what is negative FOR ME PERSONALLY.

My general experience is negative.

As in-people proclaim to be poly-but they are actually out to put as many sexual notches on their belts as possible.

I (quite literally) know well over 30 people who I met all separately-who have ALL SLEPT TOGETHER in the "poly community". Almost all of the "relationships" were under 1 month.

I find this to be much more fitting of "swinging" or "play" relationships and useless to me as I'm not interested in this type of dynamic.

I know 2 other families who actually have long term families with 3 or more adult partners (not necessarily triads). ALL of the others are just rotating through the list of potential sex partners.

Back