Thinking of buying book called "What do Women Want?" for my girlfriend

I'm not a fan of evangelism of any stripe - Poly, atheist, religious, you name it. If it's important to you, and you want me to learn about it BECAUSE of that? Great. I love getting to know people better.

"

Well, this is closer to my motivation... it's important to me, and ending my relationship with someone important to me.

tuauts ezra

There's a difference in how you approach people is all it boils down to. People that come to my door with their inspirational messages? Well let's just say the family now tries to beat me to the door so I don't have to tell them what I really think. You want to live your life according to your beliefs and are a good example and in such share with me favorite passages or sayings or stuff you learned great! (I still think it should be illegal to pimp out children door to door for your religion, but I digress)

You are poly, you want your partner to accept this, nothing new there. Can not COUNT how many intros I have seen here and on lists that boil down to, "How do I get my partner to LET ME be poly?"

Here's the thing, trying to prove it's fine, it's acceptable, or even it's superior and more natural is NOT the way to go. It's condescending and is just going to put backs up! Instead, try saying, "Hey, I know this isn't for you, I know you dont' want any part of this but the truth is poly is who I AM, even if it's not what I do. So I read this book, and it really helped me put things into perspective. If you would like to read it I think it would do a better job explaining how I feel than I seem to be able to. Totally up to you and if you want we can even read it together and I want you to ask questions. I don't want this to be some scary unknown for you. So no matter what decision we make for our relationship, this could help you understand me better."

Wordy yes but a much better approach.

That does sound like a good way to go... almost wish you'd posted sooner!

Side Note: Ugh... does there really need to be a CAPTCHA for every single post? Why not just on login?

You must have something spammy in your thing somewhere. I don't have to put in a CAPTCHA, never had to, and never heard of anyone else who had to put them in every time they post.

(I still think it should be illegal to pimp out children door to door for your religion, but I digress)

You are poly, you want your partner to accept this, nothing new there. Can not COUNT how many intros I have seen here and on lists that boil down to, "How do I get my partner to LET ME be poly?"

Here's the thing, trying to prove it's fine, it's acceptable, or even it's superior and more natural is NOT the way to go. It's condescending and is just going to put backs up!

Wordy yes but a much better approach.

Thy will be mine; I will be fine.
My kingdom will come free with wine.
Some will come to buy or sell;
Some will come and ring the bell.
Before they may make suggestions,
Ask some heavy loaded questions.
If some wish to disagree,
Next time they'll write our history.

#stupidaspietricks

#icoulddothisallfuckingdaybutihavetogodosomework

You must have something spammy in your thing somewhere. I don't have to put in a CAPTCHA, never had to, and never heard of anyone else who had to put them in every time they post.

odd... like what though? I don't even have a signature... maybe it's because my profile isn't filled out?

odd... like what though? I don't even have a signature... maybe it's because my profile isn't filled out?

MOre likely, your IP address closely matches a known spammer's.

Just PM Imaginary Illusion. Or I'll just report this post and he'll PM you with the answer.

MOre likely, your IP address closely matches a known spammer's.

Just PM Imaginary Illusion. Or I'll just report this post and he'll PM you with the answer.

Don't think it's IP address, I'm getting the issue from multiple IPs...

I'll pm him when I get a chance, thanks!

Side Note: Ugh... does there really need to be a CAPTCHA for every single post? Why not just on login?

CAPTCHA codes were added to the new members group (Less than 5 posts) a while back (For spam management). After the 5 posts, you should not require those anymore.

However, that progression only works for members who have verified their email address through the system.

Going back to the initial question, if anyone does read the book, I'd be interested in a reaction. I've thought about reading it but haven't gotten to it yet.

Maybe I'm misinformed, but I didn't perceive it as all evo devo; what interested me was hearing about the experiences and perceptions of people from the culture I'm in.

I like hearing of the lives of people here too, but I don't count on it being a representative sample!

CAPTCHA codes were added to the new members group (Less than 5 posts) a while back (For spam management). After the 5 posts, you should not require those anymore.

However, that progression only works for members who have verified their email address through the system.

Hmm... just verified and still getting the captcha? Or will it be five messages _after_ confirming my email?

Hmm... just verified and still getting the captcha? Or will it be five messages _after_ confirming my email?

I am guessing that the DHS had Franklin Veaux enter your secret papers into some false internet database, and that the reason it makes you enter a CAPTCHA every time is because the government doesn't believe you are poly enough to be posting on this site.

I can't prove it, but this does happen. It has happened, and will continue to happen unless someone stops the madness.

Damn you, Franklin Veaux!

Did anyone see the Russian "spam" just now, or was it just me? Because I am thinking spies.

Sounds like subliminal advertising. :eek:

Back