A poly-friendly vacation/cruise

PolyInFL

I have been checking out poly events online and have noticed that there are a handful of retreats, workshops, education events etc, but what about vacations? I would love to go on a vacation (and since I am partial to cruising I will use that as an example) where I could meet other poly and poly-friendly people without a set agenda or motive. Just a destination getaway, you know?

Economics are tough right now, so it is probably a pipe dream, but wouldn't it be fun to book a cruise for a group of poly people so that we could all just be ourselves and relax? I know for a fact that there are places that book cruises for LGBT, swingers, nudists etc. What about a polyamory community cruise? There are a lot of different beliefs and backgrounds in our community, but the common denominator is poly isn't it?

Thoughts?

Cruises can be pretty cheap, depending where they are, so economics might not be as big a factor as you think. It was actually economics that got my husband and I on our first cruise, since we couldn't afford a more traditional destination vacation. ;)

Wow, that might even get me a on cruise? But think about how many rooms or do the rooms connect? I never have been on a cruise so I am very limited on these type of details.

But if that can be done that would be fun! relax and hang out and even have a workshop or something. The ones around here in on the primitive side and one of the ladies won't go due to the lack of Starbucks and other things. LOL

Thinking about will be fun though and thinkning about the looks of somewhere else with a bounch of poly people stopping a shop in another country? LOL

For me, cruising is THE best way to vacation. First cruise I ever went on was with my hubby to the Caribbean and it was the best week of my life.

And it is true that they can actually be very economical vacations compared to other alternatives. Depends on when/where you decide to go, how much the airfare will be to get to the port (we live in FL now so we can drive to several ports - yay!) and if you drink a lot. Cruising includes your food, but not drinks. When we were deciding between a cruise and an all-inclusive resort we were amazed. Cruise cost us less than half of the resort - and unlike the resort you get to see many destinations. We realized that we would have had to drink over $2k in alcohol to make up the difference in cost at the resort. Well, DH and I enjoy a drink, but that is just crazy.

As for the rooms, ships usually have a few options depending on how many you need to sleep and if you want adjoining rooms.

It's definitely got me thinking... If the interest is there, I could probably spearhead the planning. I used to be an event planner as part of my job so I know some tricks.

Keep the comments coming on the thread if you are interested!

We are still adjusting to all the upheaval from combining households and finances. However we are VERY much wanting to find group things to do. I would be interested in a cruise if we can swing it.

I'd be in for a cruise.... Been looking for one for awhile. Question will it be family friendly. Yes I would be will to pay more for the kids.

Poly Cruising

To be perfectly honest there are some per-planned cruises out there with our community in mind, you just have to search a little (can't recall at the moment) But our solution to you idea is the cruise that My Family will be attending in two weeks! My Wife, Myself and "our Wife" will be leaving from Cape Canaveral and who cares if no one else on the ship is yelling out that they're Polly, WE ARE!!!

This sounds quite interesting. My partners and I are always looking for new things to do when we are together those couple of times a year that we get. Sadly, it seems most resorts, hotels and the like limit us terribly. We most always end up with a suite just to ensure that we have the king size bed we want.
With only being together a week to two weeks, twice a year, when we are together we want to pile up in a puppy pile together every night and get as much snuggle time as we can.
If it were just about the sex, we could go into one room, do the business, then split into our own beds, but we like/want the intimacy of the all night snuggles since our time is so limited.
The cruises we have looked into simply didn't offer the room we needed for 3. If anyone knows of any that do, I would be most interested to know.

We would be interested. I know the swingers have several lifestyle cruises a year and even travel agencies which set them up. If we are serious we could either do it on our own or use them to set one up for poly people.

Cruise Vacation

We are a triad and just got off a week cruise on Freedom of the Seas. We only had a couple of issues. Telling the cabin steward that we didn't need the sleeper sofa made up. He looked confused but a daily tip cleared it right up and from then on we had three pillows on the bed at turn down each night. The photographers had some difficulty knowing who to pose with whom. We danced together at the night club, ate dinners at our table for three in the dinning room, and although a few people looked at us with a question on their tongue, everyone was polite and we had a wonderful vacation. Most peoples idea of polyamory is of old men with child brides. It is up to the rest of us to be ambassadors and pave the way for greater pubic acceptance in the future. Cruises are a great way to get away to someplace where you can be yourselves and not worry about running into people that might upset the rest of your life.

Back