Group Sex Poll

Group Sex Survey

• Are you Male/Female/Intersex/anything else you feel comfortable with

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • Have you ever been involved in Group Sex?

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • If so, with how many people.

• Did you participate in the act of sex or just watched?

• How many times have you participated in groupsex?

• Total voters

Thisguy

Hi. As you can see I'm new. I'm doing a survey for education purposes (it's for a sexual class). If you could honestly answer the poll I'd appreciate it very much. Thank You.

The poll doesn't make a lot of sense Thisguy. Perhaps ask people to give you narratives answering the questions in the poll?

Also, it is helpful to know why you are doing the poll - 'sexual class' - but more details are useful. Are you a student in college, high school, graduate school, etc.? How will you use the information? What is your thesis? What are you trying to prove or disprove?

The more information you provide about why you are asking these questions, the more likely you will get good data from folks here. It is not necessary to tell us your name or location or anything personal but more information is better.

Wank fodder.

Next.

Hi. As you can see I'm new. I'm doing a survey for education purposes (it's for a sexual class). If you could honestly answer the poll I'd appreciate it very much. Thank You.

Seriously?

You need to set up your survey better.

Sex Poll...Redone

This is my second attempt at making the poll. I realized the poll I made earlier wasn't done correctly. I was taking votes instead of asking the answer in the comments. So I'll post a few questions below and I'd appreciate it if you could answer them in comments below. :)

1. Male/Female/Intersex
2. Have you ever been involved in group sex?
3. How many people did you engage in group sex with? (Ex: 3,4,5...)
4. Did you participate in the act of sex or did you watch?
5. How many times have you participated in group sex?
6. Do you prefer 2 women or 2 men?
7. What is your sexual orientation? (Straight/Gay/etc.)
8. Are you in a relationship? (Married/BF,GF)
9. Does this hurt your relationship?
10. Is this what you prefer or are you making a sacrifice for you partner?

If you could just answer those questions in your comments I'd be very thankful.

And in the last thread I was asked about the background of this poll and here it is. I am a College college student. I am doing a presentation in my Sociology of Sexuality class on Group Sex. The goal of this poll is to understand who is involved in group sex and if it's healthy for a relationship. I chose this website because the poly community heavily participates in the act of group sex and I thought it was a good place to get some information.

Thank you for answering the questions. :)

Last edited:
lol.

A couple of um,..questions.

'Prefer two men, or two women' How do bisexuals answer this ? How do pansexuals answer this ? How does anyone having more then a threesome answer this ?

Does this hurt your relationship? Does 'what' hurt the relationship ? and the definition of hurt is,....Jealousy ? A bad time ? Impotence ?

...'because the poly community heavily participates in the act of group sex ...' Really ? News to me. Drunk, horny college kids participating in group sex would match, I bet.

lol.

A couple of um,..questions.

'Prefer two men, or two women' How do bisexuals answer this ? How do pansexuals answer this ? How does anyone having more then a threesome answer this ?

Does this hurt your relationship? Does 'what' hurt the relationship ? and the definition of hurt is,....Jealousy ? A bad time ? Impotence ?

...'because the poly community heavily participates in the act of group sex ...' Really ? News to me. Drunk, horny college kids participating in group sex would match, I bet.

I meant more women vs more men. And you can have more than 2 women or men. Sorry for the confusion.

"Hurt" the relationship as in do you begin to have jealousy? Your love life isn't as romantic after the experience because you need to engage in group sex more often to be sexually satisfied.

Sorry if that offended you. I didn't mean it to offend you. I assumed (I know assuming is bad) having many relationships that they would intertwine and multiple couples would engage in group sex.

No not offended. Though many poly people rally against the notion that they are one big orgy. It can be frustrating for some, to have everyone painted with the 'group sex'-brush.

Hint : It pays to do your research extensively, knowing your target audience, so that you can ask appropriate questions, and get accurate poll results.
Good luck.

The goal of this poll is to understand who is involved in group sex and if it's healthy for a relationship. I chose this website because the poly community heavily participates in the act of group sex...

Really? "Heavily participates?" What poly community is that??? LOL

Many, many, many poly people do NOT participate in group sex. Group sex is not a given for poly relationships, nor is sex in general always a dominant focus for poly people. It seems your poll is focused on sex, rather than relationships, and I think you may be surprised at how many poly people place more importance on relationships rather than sex, many of whom choose to have non-sexual romantic partners. You might benefit from doing some reading, online and in scholarly journals, to learn more about polyamory so you can devise a poll or questionnaire that makes more sense to any group of poly people (even your use of the term "the poly community" indicates that you have some notions that there is a unifying factor among all polyamorous people that would lump them all together as a community with the same or similar standards when the only thing poly people have in common with other poly people is that they are involved in or desire consensual multiple intimate relationships).

Your questions assume that anyone who answers about their participation in group sex has done so while in a relationship. What if I've only done it while single and not in any relationships, and now I'm poly and have not had group sex since embarking on poly relationships? Then I can't answer several of your questions. So, really, your questions are only directed at a subset of poly people who have had group sex while poly, and not just any poly people in general. Also, re: "Does this hurt your relationship?" and "Is this what you prefer or are you making a sacrifice for you partner?" does "this" refer to having group sex, and what do you mean by "hurt" and "making a sacrifice?" Not totally clear, but it seems your questions are structured from some assumptions you've already made. Is there a hypothesis you are testing?

If this is for a Sociology class on Sexuality, and your presentation will be on Group Sex, you may want to query some swingers. It seems that swingers have many agreed-upon and widely accepted standards for group sexual activities, perhaps more so than poly people would. Many poly people have multiple partners who don't even know each other, and wouldn't ever be sexual with each other. Whereas swingers are pursuing group sex as an activity, so your report would gain more cohesive information. Much more variables in poly configurations.

Last edited:
This is my second attempt at making the poll. I realized the poll I made earlier wasn't done correctly. I was taking votes instead of asking the answer in the comments. So I'll post a few questions below and I'd appreciate it if you could answer them in comments below. :)

1. Male/Female/Intersex

If you could just answer those questions in your comments I'd be very thankful.

And in the last thread I was asked about the background of this poll and here it is. I am a College college student. I am doing a presentation in my Sociology of Sexuality class on Group Sex. The goal of this poll is to understand who is involved in group sex and if it's healthy for a relationship. I chose this website because the poly community heavily participates in the act of group sex and I thought it was a good place to get some information.

Thank you for answering the questions. :)

That's better.

1) Male
2 thru 5) I have not. I might at some point. but not right now. Her husband might want to watch th 2 of us as some point. I've said no for now.
6) er.... Well the me and 2 girls thing is a nice thought. But i havn't got a spare girl handy at the moment. There might be the reverse with my girlfriend and her husband. Maybe.
7) Straight
8) yes. see 6
9) No idea
10) well. My girlfriend did day she had that fantasy. I'm not really opposed. Just not at the point in our relationship. Plus there are there the logistics involving babysitting.

Sorry, life doesn't fit little checkboxes so well.

T

1. Male/Female/Intersex

Hopefully you do want to hear from people who haven't had group sex, as I suspect that's the majority here.
1. Female
2. No
3. n/a
4. n/a
5. 0
6. I've had both fantasies, but don't know that I'd let either one happen.
7. Straight
8. Married plus in loving relationships with 2 men I don't have sex with
9. It's all a growth process
10. The part about not having group sex? It's what we all prefer.

1. Male/Female/Intersex - Female
2. Have you ever been involved in group sex? - Yes
3. How many people did you engage in group sex with? (Ex: 3,4,5...) - Usually 3, once 4
4. Did you participate in the act of sex or did you watch? - I've done both at different times
5. How many times have you participated in group sex? - I couldn't begin to count, as it was a regular occurence in more than one old casual relationship, and is the norm in one my current serious relationships... it would be like saying "how many times have you participated in oral sex?"
6. Do you prefer 2 women or 2 men? - No preference, though this is worded really weirdly for me as I've usually been with one woman and one man when in multi-partner sexual situations... I guess since I'm a woman that makes it 2 women, but that's been a matter of circumstance, not preference. Plus it would make no sense for people in quads or in 3 person settings in which all involved are of the same sex. Tres heteronormative, if I may say so.
7. What is your sexual orientation? (Straight/Gay/etc.) - Bi
8. Are you in a relationship? (Married/BF,GF) - I currently have a bf and a gf (who aren't involved with each other, for the record).
9. Does this hurt your relationship? - It's the normal mode of sex I have with my gf, and it's not something I do with my bf, so no and n/a respectively.
10. Is this what you prefer or are you making a sacrifice for you partner? - It's something I freely choose and enjoy, I wouldn't say I "prefer" it over couple sex but it's certainly not a sacrifice.

Are there message boards for swingers? Honestly, that's probably the crowd you're looking for with this more than polyfolk.

Last edited:
1. Male/Female/Intersex Female
2. Have you ever been involved in group sex? yes
3. How many people did you engage in group sex with? (Ex: 3,4,5...) 3
4. Did you participate in the act of sex or did you watch? participated (and once I was present where an orgy was taking place but it had nothing to do with me).
5. How many times have you participated in group sex? once
6. Do you prefer 2 women or 2 men? I don't think I have a preference so much. I honestly don't know if I would ever be in the position to have group sex again.
7. What is your sexual orientation? (Straight/Gay/etc.) Bi
8. Are you in a relationship? (Married/BF,GF) Married with a girlfriend
9. Does this hurt your relationship? It didn't hurt the relationship I was in but it did end a friendship with the 3rd party.
10. Is this what you prefer or are you making a sacrifice for you partner? It happened, it was fun at the time, would I go in search of it? Probably not. Are either of my partners pushing for it? No.

1. Male/Female/Intersex
Female
No
N/A
N/A
N/A
if I do end up participating, at the moment I'd likely prefer 2 men
Straight but bicurious at the moment
Married & a BF
No
If you're talking about being poly? I prefer it. If you're talking about group sex I am open to it under certain circumstances, but it surely wouldn't be FOR any of my partners, and definitely isn't a preference.

Well, just from a research perspective, you might want to rethink questions 6, 9 and 10. It's hard to see who you are addressing with question 6... seems like you are assuming women in threesomes, ie do they prefer 2 men or 2 women? I'm not sure.

And the last question... maybe you could ask what the overall effect of this has been on the person (not their relationship, because they may not be in one) as it seems kind of loaded as it's written. If you ask people themselves whether they are happy or not with their choices, you may get a more accurate result, although, you are on a polyamory forum... :eek:

My answers:
1. Female
2. Yes
3. 3
4. Participate
5. Just a handful
6. I don't have a preference, but perhaps 2 men
7. Fluid :)
8. I have a boyfriend and a girlfriend
9. Absolutely not
10. No sacrifices, everyone is happy

I'm not too keen on the assumption that poly is about group sex but I am going to ignore that part and answer anyway. For the record it both is and isn't... complicated and worth researching further... For me some of my group sex was casual, not what I describe as poly and more about swinging or part of having an open relationship. Try searching in the tags for "casual sex," "sex," and anything else that might relate... or start another thread on this.

1. Male/Female/Intersex-female
2. Have you ever been involved in group sex?-yes
3. How many people did you engage in group sex with? (Ex: 3,4,5...)-up to I dunno, 8-10? Don't know how many were there.
4. Did you participate in the act of sex or did you watch?-both
5. How many times have you participated in group sex?-upward of 5? Don't remember
6. Do you prefer 2 women or 2 men?-whatever, a body is a body... makes no difference to me :)
7. What is your sexual orientation? (Straight/Gay/etc.)-pansexual
8. Are you in a relationship? (Married/BF,GF)married,bf's and gf
9. Does this hurt your relationship?-It hurt me in many aspects and ended some of my relationships (long stories there)... some of it was sport sex, and no, none of that hurt my relationship at the time.
10. Is this what you prefer or are you making a sacrifice for you partner?-I didn't do it for anyone else but me and the people I was with... its debatable whether or not I did it for the people involved. Likely I did sometimes.

Last edited:
1. Male/Female/Intersex - female
2. Have you ever been involved in group sex? - yes
3. How many people did you engage in group sex with? - 2 others besides me
4. Did you participate in the act of sex or did you watch? - I took part in it
5. How many times have you participated in group sex? - twice
6. Do you prefer 2 women or 2 men? - male partners only
7. What is your sexual orientation? (Straight/Gay/etc.) - straight
8. Are you in a relationship? (Married/BF,GF) - yes
9. Does this hurt your relationship? - I don't really understand this question. What do you mean by "hurt" the relationship? Hurt how? Stir up jealousy? Not sure how to answer, but if "this" refers to polyamory, no. Non-exclusivity is an important part of my relationship. If "this" refers to group sex, no, because I have only participated in group sex while single, and it was years ago, way before I chose to pursue polyamorous relationships. If I ever participate in group sex again, it will have to be a situation where trust and respect are already firmly established, so I doubt it would hurt whatever relationships I will be in at that time.
10. Is this what you prefer or are you making a sacrifice for you partner? - Again, I'm not sure what this question is asking. I don't "prefer" group sex, nor do I consider my current lover a partner, but I wouldn't participate in group sex unless I really wanted to. If anyone forced me into a sexual situation against my wishes, that would be rape. If I did it when I didn't want to, I don't understand how it could be a "sacrifice" in any way.

Last edited:
1. Male/Female/Intersex Male
2. Have you ever been involved in group sex? YES Once or twice
3. How many people did you engage in group sex with? (Ex: 3,4,5...) 5
4. Did you participate in the act of sex or did you watch? Yes to both
5. How many times have you participated in group sex? twice
6. Do you prefer 2 women or 2 men? 2+ men and one woman
7. What is your sexual orientation? (Straight/Gay/etc.) Bi
8. Are you in a relationship? (Married/BF,GF) Married
9. Does this hurt your relationship? Nope. Been together for 18 years now
10. Is this what you prefer or are you making a sacrifice for you partner? We both enjoy it very much.

1. Male/Female/Intersex
Female

Yes

2 and 3 (different occasions)

Participate, I have watched before but I never watched more that 2 people at once... not sure if it counts or not.

A couple of times

Only had it with men. As I'm not bisexual I would probably enjoy it less with more women than men but I still think it would probably be a nice experience.

Straight

Married to a man

It never hurt any relationship I was at the time of the events as far as I could tell (they didn't all happen during the same relationship)

I wouldn't do it for a sacrifice. I've only ever done it because I think it's fun. I wouldn't say it's "what I prefer" though, the huge majority of my experience has been one on one.

Back