I'm in over my head.

Odd thoughts.

All of this self analysis, pain, growth, awareness, all of this love, laughter, joy and new friends made and the thought comes to me that maybe this isn't about Ts journey into poly, but my own.

Sunny day, think I'll go for a walk.

Freetime

All of this self analysis, pain, growth, awareness, all of this love, laughter, joy and new friends made and the thought comes to me that maybe this isn't about Ts journey into poly, but my own.

Or both!

I have given no thought to exploring polyamory other than as a monogamous partner involved in a poly relationship.

Yet I now find myself having to look at this wee concept in detail and from an angle I would not have considered when this journey started.

The details will remain with me as is fitting, but I now find myself with a wife and two girlfriends who all know each other. I should probably be somewhat concerned, but truthfully I'm just going to enjoy the company and be open to what this may look like from here on in.

Complicated, fun, interesting and filled with awesome people, that's my world right now.

So to T, T2 and FHC, Thank you. I'm pretty sure the 3 of you are about to make my life a very different experience.

Freetime

Last edited:
I have given no thought to exploring polyamory other than as a monogamous partner involved in a poly relationship.

I believe you Freetime... thousands wouldn't, but I do. ;)

Your GFs are lovely women and I am happy they are in our lives.

Last edited:
The details will remain with me as is fitting, but I now find myself with a wife and two girlfriends who all know each other. I should probably be somewhat concerned, but truthfully I'm just going to enjoy the company and be open to what this may look like from here on in.

This sounds like a good plan to me :D.

I'm convinced that good things can come our way just because we open our mind to new options. Enjoy!

@#$%^&*, so years of self-analysis and soul searching and online prowling...and apparently the secret to finding a poly gf...is to sit back and be mono!!! WTF dude...you couldn't have told me this in 2007!? :eek:

On a more serious note...:p

Duck to water :)?

You my dear were the one who challenged my beliefs and my stance in this wee adventure, so you tell me. See you Wednesday.

Your GFs are lovely women and I am happy they are in our lives.

This is all your fault. And yes they are indeed lovely, as are you my dear.
Love ya baby. ;)

Oh, now you got me all curious!!! :D

Me too! I have no idea where this going, only that my place in this is to bring love, fun and kindness. Looks like fun really.

This sounds like a good plan to me :D.

I'm convinced that good things can come our way just because we open our mind to new options. Enjoy!

I've had all the internal drama I need for a lifetime. Time for me to just enjoy the people and experiences they bring to me. may I do the same for them.

@#$%^&*, so years of self-analysis and soul searching and online prowling...and apparently the secret to finding a poly gf...is to sit back and be mono!!! WTF dude...you couldn't have told me this in 2007!? :eek:

On a more serious note...:p

Mono is it's own sexy!
Apparently I'm not quite the Hardcase I thought I was. Mono or Poly it's still only about love, regardless of how we label it. You folks taught me that.

Be well everyone.

Freetime.

Last edited:
Well shit fire and save matches, fuck a duck and see what hatches! :p

A short note to my wife, I love you.

My darling T, how naive of me to think that you wouldn't be bothered by my time with another. How could you not? Because you were first to the experience I assumed you prepared. How foolish of me. I'm sorry baby.

I love you T, I,m not going anywhere sweetheart, I'm right here.

Red pepper reminded me months ago that my role in this, in part, is to give comfort regardless of cause or reason. and although I wasn't sure of that then, I am certain of it now.

Radical honesty and Radical acceptance. Interesting.

Last edited:
Yes be careful. Its sometimes smoke and mirrors until someone gets hurt and then all is revealed...

wishing you the best however.

Remember to go slow and think on step ahead if you can..

Ya whatever, NRE here we come....

lalala not listening, I know *tease* :p

good luck

My darling T, how naive of me to think that you wouldn't be bothered by my time with another. How could you not? Because you were first to the experience I assumed you prepared. How foolish of me. I'm sorry baby.

I love you T, I,m not going anywhere sweetheart, I'm right here.

Red pepper reminded me months ago that my role in this, in part, is to give comfort regardless of cause or reason. and although I wasn't sure of that then, I am certain of it now.

Radical honesty and Radical acceptance. Interesting.

I made this same mistaken assumption... we're working through it and I'm sure you and T can too.

Well shit fire and save matches, fuck a duck and see what hatches! :p

You alway make me smile :)

Freetime, prepare to meet a metric fucktonne of NRE. Be careful!

Yes. Yes indeed. It's like....a Train engine at or above red line, and growing.

Yes be careful. Its sometimes smoke and mirrors until someone gets hurt and then all is revealed...
wishing you the best however.
Remember to go slow and think one step ahead if you can..

Ya whatever, NRE here we come....
lalala not listening, I know *tease* :p
good luck

Oh no dear RP, on this I am indeed listening. As much as I'm enjoying things on this side of the discussion, I will not do so at another's expense. I will slow things down if I start to see my actions causing problems. These relationships are fragile and new, only attention, desire and Truth will work. I absolutely admire these women and I am both startled and touched by there friendship.I also get that things may not last, life's like that. But while i'm here I'll endeavor to be a decent, loving human being.

I made this same mistaken assumption... we're working through it and I'm sure you and T can too.

Thanks D, I appreciate the support and encouragement. we cleared this up immediately last night. Once T was able to articulate the issue we spent time together doing the things you do when this comes up. The only way I know how to make this work is to deal immediately and honestly with the challenges as they arrive.

Be well everyone,

Freetime.

I am fascinated by this thread!

I must admit I have been following this story with some interest! I gotta be honest--while I don't watch soap operas, checking in on this thread as a lurker was kinda the equivalent for me! :p I wish you well in your endeavors. And if you have any really hot delicious sex, be sure and mention it! :D On a more serious note, I have been curious what the experience of poly is like and this thread has been a fascinating read. There were some good pieces of wisdom that I want to remember if ever I should get into a polyamorous relationship.

Back