When Asked

Gria2004

Hi when your asked on dating sites or life do you come out and say your polyamorous or do wait? What do you say when people ask if your married or seeing anyone. Do you say your dating someone or do you say your dating two people when you are? Who knows what you are?

When I'm on dating sites I am explicit that I am in an open relationship, and what kind of new relationship I am seeking. In face to face interactions, it depends on the nature of the enquiry. If someone is making small talk and asks about whether I'm partnered, I tell them about my life partner Nina, but don't offer further information as to whether our relationship is open or closed. If they are asking in an 'I'm hitting on you' kind of way, and I am interested, then I will tell them about Nina but perhaps also explain that we both see other people. If someone were to ask me outright, even if I were not interested in being in a relationship with them, then I would answer honestly. I feel I'm not ashamed in any way to be in an open relationship, but at the same time, my love and sex life really isn't a stranger's/loose acquaintance's business, so I keep it private.

I am out and open to everyone. On dating sites, I list that I am married with two husbands, and explain what type of relationship I am looking for.

I am completely open about both being poly and about being asexual. On my OKC profile page, I stated both very clearly.

Hi Gria2004,

If someone asks you directly, especially on a date or dating site, I suggest you answer simply and honestly. In fact, don't necessarily wait for them to ask. Volunteer the information early on.

My 2¢,
Kevin T.

On dating sites I am very straight forward so as not to waste anyone's time. In my personal life I am open to people if the conversation goes that way.

Back