North Dakota or Minnesota?

My last job had me rolling through the Dakotas (and occasionally into Minnesota) every couple of weeks. As far as I could tell, that meant the poly population jumped from 0 to 1 every time I visited. ;)

As that company laid me off in April, I'm not driving that way any more. I'd start looking on OKCupid, for starters, to find somebody up that way.

same troubles - alone in MN!

I seem to be having the same trouble. Though I'm sure there are like minded people out there, even in MN, I find that most of the websites available are lacking content or are poorly maintained. If you find any decent websites out there to connect with people in the midwest area, let us know!

Well, one thing that you could do would be to start a Yahoo group - it's free, and it's easily searchable so that others would be able to find you. It takes minimal work as well.

The way I see it, create it and see what happens. If it's nothing then you have lost only a few moments of your time - if you create a new community that allows people to come out of the woodwork, then the whole poly world is better for it!

mn poly group

well there is a MNpoly yahoo group already in existence. I applied to join but it's been over a week and my request is still pending. Doesn't seem like a very active group to me in that case! I do agree with your philosophy that the poly lifestyle doesn't have enough light. It is time we came out of the woodwork!

from minnesota

Hi there, we are a poly couple from mn with the same feelings!! how do we find others??? where is everyone hiding?

A few months ago, I saw a post on LJ that went something like this:

Person A: "I saw C out with her 2 boyfriends at the Bryant Lake Bowl"
Person B: "Is everyone in MN poly?"
Person A: "That or Lutheran."

That's not quite true, but it really seems like it if you work at the Renaissance Festival. Join OKC, read up on poly, and volunteer at the fencing booth next summer.

lmao, worked at the ren fest when I was 18. Very open minded place, I loved it! Fencing booth was definitely a local hang out :)

I'm not quite sure where everyone is hiding. I think networks and forums such as this one need to be readily available and active for others to join and participate. "Build it and they will come" kind of thing I suppose. I wish there were more r/l events that locals could attend. There is something to be said about face to face interaction and hanging out with like minded people.

But really, other than the internet, how do you go about meeting people? You have to assume that 90% of people are interested in monogamy or some form of it. How do you start dating people with the premise of being in a relationship with two people? That's what we seem to find so difficult; how to start looking.

Local events and meetings would help people connect in a way that would not promote friendship and interaction but also allow people to create relationships without worrying about finding someone that isn't interested in a poly relationship.

Alright, that's just me dreaming. But hopefully some day we can put something together!

mnpoly - where are you guys from? We're pretty far from all the action up here in Brainerd!

Hello from Missouri Ozarks

Handfasted couple wish to meet candidates for committed poly couples ecovillage. Non-violent, clean, open-minded people who treat Mother Earth with respect. 40 acre organic farm with established garden, orchard, green method buildings et al.

Back