The Joys of Grad Student Final Papers

There's a Professor at Georgia State U whose research specialization is poly. She's completing a longitudinal study on children of poly families, but it hasn't been published yet. She might have some ideas for you on what is out there comparing Poly to Feminist Theory.

I actually had a email exchange going with Professor Sheff for a part of last semester. Felt weird because I felt like I was intruding without a clear question to ask. lol

I'm working on Religion papers at the moment and actively avoiding the fact that I have to delve into Feminist theory to work on Feminism in the anabaptist expression of religion. Today, I have the flu. I'm already working on an extension on this project, so I'm going to give myself today to be sick. I raided my Dad's Religion stuff (that's his area of expertise). He would die if I asked him about poly stuff though :p Hazard of his being both a Sociologist AND an Ordained Mennonite Minister.

Ouch, personal life can be so much simpler when you're an agnostic in philosophy and an atheist in practice. ;) Though if you are doing the sociology of religion, have you ever heard of David Bromley? He was my sociology of religion professor at VCU during my undergrad years. I didn't find out that he's apparently a bigwig in the sociology of religion in general and New Religious Movements in particular. Wicked sense of humor

Last edited:
Man. we got out of classes last week, but I feel your pain! I turned in a total of 46 pages last week between all my classes. :(
I've never written about poly, though.

Well, I figure research what you love. I just wish I had a group of poly friends geographically close to me other than my (currently only) girlfriend, who is down here for a part time job we found her and because apparently being around me helps with her depression. She's currently rooting me through this paper.

At that time i was very happy when my graduation final examination paper was finished, because i am proud myself for completely finished my graduation in IT. When final was completed students are very happy because there are no more tension about study.

IT? Huh, small world. One of my two undergrad degrees is in Business Information Systems. Though most of the business classes made me feel like a dirty human being by the end.

Though if you are doing the sociology of religion

Actually, I'm headed into Criminology. I'm taking this course to understand my Dad better and fill some gaps for me ;) This is my last thing for my undergraduate. I have to stop my studies and work full-time for 1.5 years to support the family before I can go back to get the PhD. Frustrating, but someone has to provide health insurance for the kids for a bit.

Actually, I'm headed into Criminology. I'm taking this course to understand my Dad better and fill some gaps for me ;) This is my last thing for my undergraduate. I have to stop my studies and work full-time for 1.5 years to support the family before I can go back to get the PhD. Frustrating, but someone has to provide health insurance for the kids for a bit.

Tell me about it... At this point I'm hoping to ride out the economic depression in grad school without accruing too much debt. I envy your chance to get to understand your dad a bit better. Right now I'm trying to plow through the next ten pages of writing about Poly in a gendered, feminist theory perspective before I have to deliver the paper at 5:30 pm. Any conversation would be greatly appreciated.

Riding out the economy in school was my plan too. However, I have to go back to work. Fortunately (or sadly as the case may be) I can make decent money with my Associates in Nursing. Bachelor's in Sociology just doesn't do much for me, and it will be years before I'll have the graduate degrees to turn it into a teaching career.

Back