What Your Signature Means to You

RGee91

I've noticed alot of members have really beautiful, inspirational, and just outright deep quotes as their signatures.

I'm curious, what does your signature mean to you? Or what does someone else's signature mean to you as well?

Well mine actually came from a debate I was in. The other person was quite convinced (and likely still is) that "real love" can only be attained through heterosexual monogamy. He argued that regardless of your attractions and desires, that you should force yourself to be heterosexual, monogamous, and only in same race relationships, if you cannot do this, remain single until you can ect. ect. things like that.
I replied "When one limits themselves in terms of love, they have missed the point of love altogether". He replied very preachy-blah-blah whatever :p
but after reading the messages back, I thought "Accidental Philosiphy" when I reread that line lol. I posted it on twitter and alotta people liked it and retweeted, telling me to "preach!!!" lol

What it means to me is that love is free and should be allowed to grow as it will, regardless of race, gender, quantity ect. Love should not be limited, and if you are capable of loving someone without hurting others, go for it.

How you love is yours altogether, when you allow others to tell you how you're allowed to love, you're depriving yourself, essentially...

I've changed mine recently. Primarily because at the moment I'm hurting and I don't want to read what was in my signature before.

But what I left in it (it was always there as well) is from a series of books by Jacqueline Carey. It's the "philosophy" of the people in the book and it just spoke to me.

Love as thou wilt.

To me it's about love being your own to give freely as you see fit. Not being soemthing that should be put into a cage based on anothers philosophy.

ummmm...I hate to say it, from a couple of decades online, I always turn off signatures. :)...they are always big or too flashy. So I tend to turn them off...

maybe I am missing out on this forum.

My signature is self-explanatory. I have the avatar so people can get a general idea of what I look like, since there is no way for them to hear my voice.

However, like Ari, I too, have signatures and avatars turned off. Too much visual stimulation, and some of the signatures take up a lot of space on the screen. I can look at someone's profile if I want to see that stuff.

ummmm...I hate to say it, from a couple of decades online, I always turn off signatures. :)...they are always big or too flashy. So I tend to turn them off...

maybe I am missing out on this forum.

Yeah-on this forum you should just leave it on. They are generally just quotes on here. :)
Some of 'em are really good too.

Yeah-on this forum you should just leave it on. They are generally just quotes on here. :)
Some of 'em are really good too.

I agree :)

Derbylicious's signature actually helped me work through a very stressful situation recently.
When I had started to feel a bit overwhelmed, I just remembered "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." :)
simple words, but they gave me something to look forward to.

thanks derby lol :p

My sig would be too controversial to be on here, and therefore all my posts would be deleted by the gooberment in charge....so therefore it has effectivly been *CENSORED* out. ;)

I dislike any forms of government or people who feel the need to protect us from ourselves. ;)

I agree :)

Derbylicious's signature actually helped me work through a very stressful situation recently.
When I had started to feel a bit overwhelmed, I just remembered "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." :)
simple words, but they gave me something to look forward to.

thanks derby lol :p

You're welcome.Glad I could be of help. I have no idea when I first heard mine but it rings true to me and it gets me stuff too. Almost like that light at the end of the tunnel.

As for my avatar it's what I wish I looked like :)

Back