New in Austin, TX

polyrhythmic

Hey there forum,

I just turned 30 a couple weeks ago, and my wife and I opened up our marriage on my birthday weekend, so I'm thinking my 30's are going to be an interesting decade. As we are extremely new, I'm open to any sort of advice or tips you can give me, including how to meet like-minded folks.

I live in Austin, TX, and I've been here for about a year. I play drums in a local band (though I'm looking to move to a different, weirder band maybe?) and write novels and short stories. I'm also bisexual and looking to get involved in the LGBT community here, if they'll have me.

Thanks for letting me in the door! Looking forward to hearing everyone's stories and learning a thing or two.

Greetings polyrhythmic,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

You picked a good city for going poly, Austin has a lot of poly people in it. You could probably google "Austin polyamory" and a few local poly groups would pop up.

Of course you can also converse with poly-friendly people from all over the world, right here.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Back