Hello from Oklahoma! *waves* No I don't say howdy..

MiAmorX2

Hello Everyone! :D
I just joined this forum, I read of few threads and loved how ppl seemed to be very welcoming and supportive :) You can call me T :D I'm 26, I have two husbands, 6 dogs and a ferret...lol I've added my little story to the "personal Summaries" thread so I don't clutter up my "hello my name is..." post
I look forward to chatting with some people that understand WHY I have a guy on each arm when we go anywhere together

ps I just learned I use smileys too much, I can only use 4 per post...
:rolleyes:

LOL! thanks!
Yea most anytime I join a forum and they ask where I'm from and find out it's Oklahoma some type of howdy or y'all remark is made I'm guessing they think we all sound like cowboys lmao!
your sarcasm made me laugh out loud ;) I think I'll fit in just fine here :D

Try being canadian, everyone thinks I can't say OUT or BOAT...and that I end every sentence in EH...

Oh and I have had, seriously, a question about whether I have ever stayed in an igloo and where they could find the local igloos...

welcome :)

Try being canadian, everyone thinks I can't say OUT or BOAT...and that I end every sentence in EH...

Oh and I have had, seriously, a question about whether I have ever stayed in an igloo and where they could find the local igloos...

welcome :)
lol wow I can imagine... some ppl think it's still the wild west here, it's like no we drive cars with paved streets... lol
I suppose there are alot of people that live in their own little bubbles all their lives and we get to be the ones to burst em... Heh heh :D

I am one of the most sarcastic & cynical people I know. Ironically I dislike that show a great deal. :)
FTR I think that the Canadian sense of humour is quite wonderful, sarcastic and cynical - all the things I like!

LOL! thanks!
Yea most anytime I join a forum and they ask where I'm from and find out it's Oklahoma some type of howdy or y'all remark is made I'm guessing they think we all sound like cowboys lmao!
your sarcasm made me laugh out loud ;) I think I'll fit in just fine here :D

Umm . . .yeah, well . . . the thing is . . . I wasn't being sarcastic.

I'm from Texas. Fifth generation native Texan, to be specific. And I actually say y'all and howdy. I even know the plural form of y'all, and how to use it correctly in a sentence. It's part of my cultural heritage. As are pickups, boots and hats big enough to water your horse out of. And people who leave their doors unlocked at night and who stop to help when they see someone broken down by the side of the road. And Indian battles; I myself had relatives on both sides of the last great Indian battle here in the Lone Star State. I know not everyone feels that way about it, and to each their own, but I'm proud of my people and my heritage.

Perhaps you weren't responding to me, anyhow.

Still, Welcome to the forum, OK.

Wasn't directing it at you :)
however it is nice to learn you are proud of your heritage and from Texas. :D
A good portion of my family is from England my grandmother came over when she married my grandpa. I haven't been lucky enough to know that much of my family's history I'm sure I'd be quite proud if I knew too :)

Back