Why I am considering polyamory

davrhedric

I am 28 years old, single, unmarried, with no kids. I have always been highly critical of monogamy and and especially marriage, as it seems like people do it just to provide a false sense of security. It also seems very unnatural, as nowone really is excited by the idea of one sexual partner the rest of their lives. I also watched videos of the author of "Sex at Dawn", which is about sexuality in matriarchal societies. It just seems more honest, open, and human to me to be polyamorous.

I do however have the concern with safety, as we cannot just have sex with anyone without being properly protected, so there there has to be a degree of trust and agreed upon rules to protect those involved.

Anyways, those are my thoughts. This is my first post.

Hi. Welcome.

You might be interested in the discussion of safe sex practices. A search of the forum should turn it up quickly.

as nowone really is excited by the idea of one sexual partner the rest of their lives.

Welcome to the forums..There are plenty of people excited and happy with the idea and reality of just one sexual partner however:)

Back