Poly Vignettes: Sharing Success & Happiness

:):):)
BTW- 2Rings and hubs have both gotten errant text messages from me and my stupid touch screen features, and once my daughter!:eek: Lucy...you have some splainin to do! Um, ah, yeah well that wasn't for you. Nuff said. :eek:

Joy, absolute joy... A sunny day, buds coming out on the plum and cherry tree. Mono making a cat flap for his girlfriend, Georgia the cat, LB "helping." PN and me computing, talking, listening to new music. I plan to go for a walk and to my studio to start a new series on "paths." It's been two years since I painted. Tonight I am in my own bed, warm, cozy and in love with myself. Oooooo, good stuff. :)

Compersion from Redpepper

I just had a coffee with my ex-wife for the first time in almost a year. The last time we talked was when I introduced her to Redpepper. The purpose of our visit was for me to get graduation pictures of my daughter. I bought her a coffee and we talked for an hour. It was a moment of happiness and sadness.

I am grateful to have a Life Love in Redpepper. She was happy for me to visit with my ex, where many women would not be happy at all. She has been a rock in helping me try to heal a big part of myself. I love her for many reasons, and the purity of support she provides is a major part of that. Very few people understand just how much Redpepper cares about people. It transcends anything I have seen before. :)

Thanks, Lilo. I love you. :)

That's wonderful, Mon. I'm glad you were able to have that time to talk with your ex and to also get pics of your daughter! You're right, RP is amazing. So are you. :)

I found myself again. I know. it's weird. How many times can you find yourself? Makes a person wonder what's wrong that you keep losing yourself. :p But, it is what it is. I found myself and my peace.

"Stuff" is still going along with the same idiosyncratic issues as before, but now I'm ok with that. Nothing has been "fixed", just my perspective has changed. My perspective was stuck in "half empty glass" mode. After a great conversation with a friend about their life a week ago, I pushed a little harder and regained my "half full glass" perspective.

Thank you to a wonderful friend who hadn't a clue that in venting to me, they were actually helping me regain my own footing!

Looking forward to a non-date with my boys tomorrow.... a mutual friend from our medieval reenactment boffer LARP is in town tomorrow so we (and about 15 of our friends) are meeting him at Dinosaur BBQ and drinks. It's a much needed night out with friends we don't see often enough in the winter.

Why poly families rock

Friday at 4pm Spicy Pea went into labor. At 2am she sent GG to wake up Mom and Dad to help her. At 3am we drove her to town to see the midwife.

*Mimi came with us, but GG stayed with the other kids at home.*

But she was only dilated to 3, even though her contractions were hard and heavy and 3-4 minutes apart.

Saturday:
At 6am (already done 14 hours of labor) they gave her an Ambien (sleeping pill) and sent us to her grandparents (they live in town). She didn't get any rest. At 2 we ended up at the hospital.

GG had to work at 9am til noon, so my mom stayed with the kids. She baked Sweetpea's bday cake, helped the kids knock out their chores and kept them all busy and entertained.

*2pm was ALSO SweetPea's birthday party. So GG managed to run a bday party for the 11 year old with all his friends, alone.*

Spicy Pea suffered through labor and delivery for hours. In the early evening, Maca's lady friend who works at the hospital bought Maca, Mimi and me food. We were starving. We snuck contraband food back to Spicy Pea, as well.

SUNDAY:
At 1:30am they finally gave up, and wheeled Spicy back to do a C-section. She'd been flat out screaming with no pause for well over 4 hours, primarily, "Mommy, please just make it stop. I can't do it. I tried," between cuss words.

Maca went with her. This Mommy took her phone and went to the front lobby of the hospital, hit her knees, burst into tears and called GG, who had already gotten the kids to bed and settled into bed himself. But he woke up to take care of this Mommy by phone and get me calmed down.

After half hour or so I was calmed down. I got it all out of my system. Knowing that GG still had the home fort under control, I returned to Maca to deal. It was a daunting task. My girl could still be heard screaming because they couldn't get her numb. At 2:05am they finally just knocked her out and delivered the baby, with her unconscious.

So-everyone is ok,, The little kids had a nice weekend, in spite of us old people having a daunting task with Spicy. Why? Because our poly family dynamic allowed them to keep their plans and stay in a "normal" setting and activities for the weekend, even with Mom and Dad gone.

LMAO, that is AWESOME!
RP-you are welcome to text me ILY anytime! I'll be sure to respond in like manner!!!

heheheheheheheheheheh..

Ditto from me too. Ohh and Hell... Mono you can text me that to ( in a manly brother sort of way of course)

HAHAH

Maca

I bought her a coffee and we talked for an hour. It was a moment of happiness and sadness.

One of the most ....releasing part's of my life was when my EX-wife and I could talk and really have a productive and non ( negatively ) charged conversation. It so much easier now to not have to be on guard or to have to defend myself or my family.

Maca

I just wanted to Publicly thank GG for his support. LR is soooo correct, with out him OUR other kids would have unnecessarly suffered while Mom amd Dad did there thing for the oldest child.

We have and would/will always take care of whatever child is in need of us, but the reassurance that we have GG and Mimi there to backup the FAMILY in whatever means is needed well that is just...... Priceless

Maca

Do you mean like in the movie " Role Models" ?

If I remember correctly they are involved in SCA, Karma does Darkon, something similar.

Role Models is a somewhat sad example of what it is, but yes it is an example. I'll let those who participate give a better example. I just cook at campouts and take pictures. Oh and sew all their garb. :D

Congrats again on the new little one. So glad you all have the support you have, and have others who can step in and help out in the way they have. That's really awesome!

It's been a long time

And I was pretty new anyway, so many of you may have no idea who I am. ;)

My husband is DavidWebb on this forum (not his real name). It has been quite the year, lots of ups and downs (including 3 breakups for me, blech), but he and I are closer than ever. He has a girlfriend of 7 months, with whom I have a wonderful relationship. She spends a great deal of time with us and has become part of the family.

We are hoping to do a more thorough update very soon on my blog, but I just wanted those who have a clue who we are to know that we are doing fantastically well. (I just love him more and more.) I wanted those who may be struggling to know that we have had plenty of bumps, even recently, but we are deeply committed to one another and learning a lot!

Wishing everyone well!

:)

It has been a long time, glad to hear things are truckin' along for you. :)

Look forward to hearing more!

Okay, yeah, I could go on here about the growing strength of my relationship with my husband and boyfriend, how much joy they bring me, and how I feel surrounded by love and affection. I could wax all philosophical about my journey of self-discovery, or about how what I've learned about honesty and communication has brought depth to all my relationships. I could expound at great length about how privileged I feel to have both these wonderful men as part of my life, but instead, for my poly vignette, I choose this...

Sunday morning... naked wrestling with two hot guys.

I love my life.

I had a great visit with my family in Nova Scotia, although it was overshadowed by PN's dad being sick. I usually follow the same pattern when going back there. I show up without anyone but the closest family and friends knowing and just chill with my parents. Then I leave before anyone figures out I'm back!

This is the second time I have been back since coming out to my parents and it was a very relaxed and enjoyable visit. There were still questions but the talk around my new family was very normal and unstrained.

All is good back there and it is good to be home with Lilo. I spent the last two days working on my bike and now that she is ready to rock it's time to finish renos and clean up the yard for spring!!

Woohooo!!

We had a beautiful afternoon of family time today. We went to a local lagoon and enjoyed a long walk along the beach, followed by a car trunk picnic. There was much laughter, lighthearted teasing and banter back and forth about friends and plans for the summer. It was great to start my weeklong holiday this way, with my two men and my favourite boy. I'm so grateful for my health, my wealth of heart and my happiness. May it always be this way, if it is for the good of us all. :)

Back