Hello all, I have a question for you.

Reality

I hope you don't mind the intrusion. I'm a regular on Mumsnet and we have had the most utterly barking troll plaguing us for a while with tales of her Quad which consists of her and her sister and their respective husbands.

This troll (which calls itself Extended) keeps popping up and bringing sockpuppets/alter egos along for the ride and the whole thing has got a bit silly now.

If you have time, please read this (very long, but very funny) thread for more details:

http://mumsnet.com/Talk/relationships/812225-Bit-aof-a-vent-about-univited-groping

Anyway, my understanding is that the picture of Poly life this nutjob paints is completely wrong, and that sisters sharing like this is hugely unlikely (which makes me think all the other 'polys' on the thread are part of the same persona).

So, can anyone shed any light? Is this person a complete fabrication from start to finish, and how likely is it that a quad would consist of sisters (twins, no less) who share two husbands?

I'm not a poly, by the way, although in my youth I was often a unicorn ;)

I tried to read that thread you linked to and I got a headache.

Thank gawd our mods have a delete button and they aren't afraid to use it.

Last edited:
:D

Yes, it got a bit hard to read what with all the morse code stuff, it went a bit Twilight Zone.

Very briefly, 'Extended' posted these rambling posts about living as part of an extended family (two couples and their children) and then after a while went on to say that her and her sisters shared husbands, lots of us cried troll right from the off as it read like a trashy novel/wank fantasy rather than anything real, IYSWIM, not because of the poly stuff but because her whole tone was 'off' and felt rehearsed.

Anyway, then somebody else came on who said she was a poly and that Extended was a well known troll and thorn in the side of the Poly community.

With me still? I got a bit lost myself, frankly. It all got very confusing.

Then this second poster stated that she lived as a quad with her twin sister and their husbands (basically the same story as Extended). I think that they are all the SAME person trolling and it's all got a bit bizarre.

I was interested to know whether any practising polyamorous people on here would even consider sharing a partner with a sibling, because for me that was the part that immediately made me think Extended was a big old bullshitter from the off.

If I'm not welcome here I'll happily fuck off with no offence taken, don't worry :). It just piqued my interest and I thought I'd ask some questions here.

As I said, I'm not polyamorous, although that is probably a good way to describe how I was ten years or so ago, but the very idea of sharing someone with my sister is unthinkable and I wondered what others felt about it.

I hope it's okay to ask.

Thanks for replying Ygirl, and thanks for the links.

Oh, I know it doesn't matter, as you say, but it was just that I had such a visceral reaction to the idea of sisters sharing and then wondered if that was MY issue, IYSWIM.

I can totally get polyamory but could never consider it with my sister <eew>.

I thought I'd run it by some real polys (as opposed to weirdy made up ones ;)) and see what the consensus was.

Hey Reality. I tried reading that thread but ugh. I did manage to get the gist of what some of Extended way talking about. So her and her sister share their respective husbands and all raise their kids together. Well...I'm grossed out by the idea of siblings sharing, but it's been known to happen. So I'm not sure she's a troll. And from what I read, she did carry herself pretty well rather than reacting with insults as many of the people reacting to her posted. So I have no clear answer.

I tried to read the thread linked in the OP, and just couldn't get it done. As it meadered thither and yon, a spontaneous SEP field kept rendering it invisible to me. Sorry.

As for sisters sharing spouses: it's been done. The highly publicized example that springs immediately to mind is sisters Leah and Rachel sharing husband Jacob in the Old Testament of the Bible.

(Oh yeah: For those of you who don't keep your copy of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy with you at all times, an SEP field generator is a very useful device that can render almost anything completely invisible to most sentient beings by making them believe the thing in question is simply Somebody Else's Problem.)

(Oh yeah: For those of you who don't keep your copy of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy with you at all times, an SEP field generator is a very useful device that can render almost anything completely invisible to most sentient beings by making them believe the thing in question is simply Somebody Else's Problem.)

Oh yeah, I remember those. It's like the opposite of mass-hallucination (aka "consensus reality").

Oh, it was definitely a troll, she/he/it said towards the end that it was all a headfuck and 'unmasked' itself.

Very odd behaviour.

The thread meandered a LOT so I don't blame you for not reading it, tbh. :D

What do you think the chances are of a quad like that working? I sort of think it's an unlikely scenario, having two distinct couples who basically wife swap. I dunno, having never explored it properly I'm very naive but completely fascinated by it all.

I lived with a married couple for six months or so when I was 19, and had sex with them both (seperately and together) but I certainly wasn't an equal party to their marriage. I was great friends with them both and we all got on well but there were jealousy issues and he was a bit of a bastard, really (she was not much older than me and he was a lot older and I think she was going along with what he wanted to keep him, IYSWIM) It was fun while it lasted but not really what I wanted so on I moved.

I am really interested in how set ups with more than one primary couple last the distance. I can get my head round MFF (or MMF for that matter) a lot easier than MFMF, I just can't fathom how the dynamics would work, especially if there's no element of bisexuality at all.

I'm glad that you came to check out what is actually reality rather than what these people seem to want to pass as. I highly doubt it's workable unless under very unusual circumstances for twins to share two men, but then what do a I know.

In any case, thanks for at least investigating for no other reason than to dispel the myths that they seem to be perpetrating.

Back