Flaunting poly in public

preciselove

Sometimes when our triad is out and about I like flaunting the fact I have 2 girlfriends. Other times I feel like I should not flaunt it, but it's fairly obvious anyhow. Besides a few evil stares nothing terribly bad has happened when we have been out together as a group.

Has anyone here had any bad experiences with people saying or doing something when they see some sort of "group" poly experience?

Never had experience yet. I don't think I'd ever push it out there that I was poly though. I'd treat a poly relationship the same way I would a mono. Just with more people. If I had 2 partners, I would hold both their hands down the street and such. But I wouldn't do it skipping and singing "I am poly la la la la" =P

My initial embarrassment usually turns into giggles. The men, I think, just revel in that "Don't hate" sensation. And she... I think she is amused by it all... and plays with it:)

I put no energy into anything like that. I keep it to myself. I like to remain humbly grateful that they want to walk with me anywhere where people know that we are three. After all, there is some stigma for partners on either end of a vee. There is stigma in being the hinge too. I respect that far more than I feel the need to be outwardly proud. Pride to me comes with being confident in myself, so I stick to my beliefs and am ready to advocate for them if need be.

I am not attracted to people who brag or show off as if there is some kind of competition, so I don't do the same in return. I just act happy, content and myself as if I were on my own. When I feel the need or desire to show affection to either one I do naturally without any attachement to the action. I just don't go there at all; in a nut shell. There is usually too many other things to think about and do.

I like to show off my women. period. Whether I'm doing it in public...or whatever. I like to shower them with affection. They do that for me....so I like to return the favor. And if someone has a problem with it...well...I just don't care! Unless the person who has a problem with it is one of the women.

For example, V works in a place which if they saw her doing that, would possibly fire her. So we try to keep it low key.

We were recently out to a concert and both gents held my hands and we were naturally affectionate. I was pleasantly surprised by any lack of reaction from those around us.

Quite refreshing to just be.

We were recently out to a concert and both gents held my hands and we were naturally affectionate. I was pleasantly surprised by any lack of reaction from those around us.

Quite refreshing to just be.
I like the just be" also different than "flaunting," no?

Not that it really matters. Flaunting is quite valid, just different than just "being"

I like the just be" also different than "flaunting," no?

Not that it really matters. Flaunting is quite valid, just different than just "being"

Yes, different to me, RP. Was just commenting more on poly in public.

Funny, I was proud to be out with the guys, but not in a look-at-me sort of way. I was proud of each of them for who they are and felt lucky to have not one but two wonderful men.

Yes, different to me, RP. Was just commenting more on poly in public.

Funny, I was proud to be out with the guys, but not in a look-at-me sort of way. I was proud of each of them for who they are and felt lucky to have not one but two wonderful men.
exactly :D we are so fortunate.

I didn't mean "flaunt it" in the way of "going out of my way" to be obvious, just doing typical affectionate things with both of them. I just meant by holding both their hands at once, or arm around them both, or them holding hands and I holding one of theirs.

Young men especially seem interested in us as a triad, turning their heads and pointing to their friends, things like this.

My girl's smile is the fullest, biggest, brightest smile in the world when she's walking down the street with me on one arm and another boy on the other. That's the moment when she's positively beaming. I'd be poly in public just so I could see her like that, even if people spat on us as we sauntered by.

But happily, we never even get any second glances.

I was having a really, really awful day a few months ago so we decided to go for a walk, just my husband, boyfriend, and I. We were walking down a quieter street, with me in the middle, holding hands with each of them by my side. It's not especially often that all of us are together, but that day, I was so grateful for the support they were providing. They were both there for me <3

I think the larger risk is people who aren't aware of our poly relationships seeing us out with our respective "other partners" and not understanding.
Each of us as inadvertently confused some people by being seen by people who didn't know. In one case, the person asked, we told, and all was good. In another case, someone saw me holding hands then giving a kiss goodbye to my boyfriend and became very concerned, gossiped with other people rather than coming to me. Fortunately, the person she gossiped to was aware and filled her in. We don't go announcing to the world that we're poly, but are happy to explain to those who want to listen.

Back