from London to Karlsruhe, Germany

ScyllaVeX

Hi guys, I have just moved from London to Karlsruhe in Germany and am attempting many ways of getting in touch with like minded people. London as you can imagine was a lot more liberal and open to my way of living. So If anyone here is from Germany and has any tips....that would be awesome. Also a general HELLO to everyone on this Forum ....I look forward to some good conversation :)

ScylllaVeX

Hi Kevin,

thank you for the links , I will have a look at them. Funny how after so many years of London Poly living that this is my first online attempt to find Contacts....! Time will tell what this new place has to offer :) In the mean time thank you for the kind welcome...
Scylla VeX

No prob; glad you're here.

You said "from Germany" and I have, in fact, lived in Germany. Just not as an adult. ;)

My biggest tip worldwide, though? Look for urban areas if that's what you miss, though I daresay you've already got a decent-size urban area. I mean, Karlsruhe isn't the sticks. There's Pforzheim half an hour away, and the big one is Stuttgart forty minutes beyond that. How far are you willing/able to travel?

Have you tried reaching out to fellow expats? Do you speak enough German that a native would be a good relationship prospect? Really, I do suggest you get conversational in the language ASAP. Breaks down lots of barriers!

Good luck!

Hey, thanks for the reply. My German is completely fluent, so no problems there :) I have worked in Stuttgart on and off for 4 years while still returning to London inbetween. Now I have had to actually move to Karlsruhe permanently do I find myself really searchiing for other 'like minded' people as I have left my group that I have been with for the last 6-7 years.
I have found a good monthly meet in Heidelberg which I am going to attend and will keep you posted on how it goes. Thanks foor the advice.
Machs gut :)

Back