No Machine Required Ice Cream

openbj

In retaliation of all the heat that we've been having here in the USA, I figured I'd share a nice, quick ice cream recipe for you to all enjoy.

This is the recipe for Lemon Icebox Pie ice-cream:

2 cups cold heavy whipping cream
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon lemon extract
3 tablespoons butter (melted)
1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs

Use your mixer and beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks are formed. In a separate bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients, mix well. Fold in the whipped cream with the remaining ingredients (don't mix too much or too hard or you'll deflate the whipped cream). Place in a 2 quart container and pop it in your freezer. Enjoy when frozen! Be ready for your taste buds to do a little dance lol

You can use the base (2 cups whipping cream and 1 can condensed milk) and add whatever ingredients you want to create your own favorite flavors as well. AWESOME!!

Apple Pie ice-cream:

2 cups cold heavy whipping cream
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 small apple
2Tbs sugar
2Tbs brown sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
3Tbs butter

Chop the apples into small chunks. Throw in a pot with the sugars, vanilla, and butter. Cook over a medium heat until bubbly and thick. Remove from heat and place in the fridge to chill. While it's chilling, beat your heavy cream until stiff peaks form, put in fridge until the apples are completely chilled. When apples are chilled, mix in the can of milk. Fold in the whipped cream (again, careful not to deflate it). Place in your 2 quart storage container and freeze. Voila!! Apple Pie ice cream mmmmmmmmmm

Wow, that's a lot of work for ice cream. I only like vanilla, really. Do you have a recipe for that? Breyer's is pretty good.

LOL me too. vanilla is my fvorite ice cream flavor. A lot of people think of it as "plain" ice cream, and true, it is my favorite because you can combine it with any type of pie or syrup and it doesn't overpower or clash... but i also like it as just a flavor on its own.

Full Disclosure - that was 2.5 years ago; plus, these are already on my Fakebook so you could have seen them way before now :p I al;so have lots of pictures of the food i cook up there (see my album "Food"). I've been kitchening since before I joined the forum. Just because you didn't see Jesus until now doesn't mean Jesus wasn't there all along :p

The reason the sink is full of water is because the cats peed in it and i wanted to flush the trap. To do that, the sink must be filled full of water and then released in order to create the pressure and force to push the water out of the trap. Other wise, if you just run the faucet, it just mixes with the water in the pipes alr eady and doesn't get rid of the cat pee smell. I also put vinegar down it, but it doesn't last long with just vinegar, you have to do it in conjunction with filling the basin.

Last edited:
For vanilla you would just use the base (whipping cream and condensed milk) and then add in 1 tsp. vanilla extract. It's really not a lot of work at all. We had it all mixed up and in the freezer in about 10 minutes. Longest part was waiting for it to freeze lol. If you have a mixer (hand held or Kitchen Aid) it makes the whipping up the cream part super easy and quick.

:)

Back