Poly Vignettes: Sharing Success & Happiness

Hi Everyone,

I am having a great day today, been talking with O and feeling fabulous. Just thought I would put that out there. :D

Yay for happy people! Great to hear your news too, Mono. :)

What a weekend!!

Redpepper and I had a great weekend. It was a complete visit, dinner, concert, dancing, supper with another poly family and most importantly, communication!

I fully understand that a lot of people, mono and poly, don't want to deal with pushing the depth of their relationships and I also get that some people see this deepening as drama. Our relationship, just like the one she has with her husband, is based on deepening our understanding of each other. We thrive on communication and what some people may consider drama.

By communicating so much, we have formed connections so deep they feel timeless and are rewarding in ways that are hard to describe. I am again blown away by what we are building, all of us. This also includes the community of poly friends we have, which is growing and becoming normalized, as well. This is amazing. I love her more and more every time we have a "dramatic" moment and discover something new about each other. Redpepper has changed me forever in how I view relationships and what my expectations are. Thank god she plans on keeping me around, because I would rather be alone than have anything less than what we have become. I think I’m safe though. She seems to have a liking for this Mono Vanilla Cracker. :D

I think I’m safe though..she seems to have a liking for this Mono Vanilla Cracker :D

Purrrrrr, I sure do. You are totally safe.

Our success this week was that if you get frustrated, angry and start lashing out, that I should take it with a grain of salt and wait until you figure out why and can tell me, so that we can work on it. You learned about me that if you say you want to do something, or don't want to do something, I will take that at face value. I can't read minds. I rely on you to tell me honestly what you need and want to do.

Turns out that because I did take your communication at face value we had an excellent evening dancing with friends at a club. If you had said you didn't want to go, which is how you were reeeeaaally feeling, then we wouldn't have had the good time we had. You never know how things will turn out.

There is not much to say other than we continue to deepen our love. We've got our bearings again and are on track to shape the future. We just spent 24 hours together and always have something to share with each other, even if it is just silent energy. Thanks, Gorgeous. :)

hanging with the primary ;)

I just got home from a great evening of chatting and a movie with Redpepper's husband. We haven't really got to have any one-on-one talking time, so it felt due. We all hung out in the afternoon, which was very important, and that led to a girl's night out for Redpepper. Her husband and son and I hung out and then, after the little guy was in bed, he and I sat down to check in. We had a good discussion of where we both were and how our relationships with Redpepper were going. We talked for about two hours and then turned our brains off to watch a movie.

We are similar in many ways and enjoy each other's company. Outside of Redpepper, he is the person I trust most. I am proud to be considered his friend. :)

Happiness is: being out with friends, texting Mono and my husband (who are hanging out together at my house) that I am heading home, and getting a text back from each of them that they will see me soon. Ahhh, I love that. :)

so sweet

This is wonderful. We experienced a similar event, as I had a dinner to attend Saturday night. At my suggestion and to my surprise, the guys went to the local Turkey Raffle. They had a blast together and even brought home lots of goodies. Redpepper, I can totally get the warm feeling of coming home to both partners. I am lucky enough we all live together.

Yes, you are very lucky you all live together. I look forward to that one day. Right now though, my happiness is that I go to Mono's place and he treats me like a princess. I don't have to do anything! It's like being on holiday. I love it. I wouldn't get that if we lived together.

Right now though my happiness is that I go to Mono's place and he treats me like a princess. I don't have to do anything! Its like being on holiday... I love it. I wouldn't get that if we lived together.

You'd still be my princess. :) But I do so like being your vacation spot. No one gets bored of a vacation!

vacation spot

I keep telling everyone I am the most spoiled person I know ;)

:)

Last night, Redpepper and I got together with friends at a local pub. There were a couple of our “mono” friends and a couple of our “poly” friends, as well as another guy from our community. We had a great time and it was nice to see how everyone just blended and we could relax. Our “mono” friends seem to have become normalized with respect to the general idea of different approaches to relationships. There is hope for all of us LOL! One bit at a time, we seem to be dispelling the fears and doubt of those around us, which propels us forward in knowing we have achieved something that is good and healthy.

I love Redpepper more than ever and am more committed to her family than she realises. She is so doomed. :D

The fact that my boy trusts Mono to be his family now is success and happiness for me. He confides in him and dearly loves him. Mono does things with him that we, his parents, don't do, such as play swords for hours on end. I feel that my boy has been blessed, as we all have, to have Mono in our lives. I'm so thankful.

Mono is looking after our boy a lot this week and will stay over this weekend too. Poor man, he's barely been home all week. I really appreciate all he does for us and love doing things for him. I love the give and take.

Mono is looking after our boy a lot this week and will stay over this weekend too. Poor man, he's barely been home all week. I really appreciate all he does for us and love doing things for him. I love the give and take.

Home is where I am, not my stuff. I'm more at home with you than you will ever know. I love helping you and your family every chance I get. I don't do anything I don't want to. I do it because I love you all and that is what this is about for me, people coming together to love and take care of each other through life, in all aspects of life.

Your boy is getting awfully good with that sword, BTW!!

Night, Gorgeous :D

I just got home from a full night of very cool stuff. I hung out with Redpepper after work and then we all had supper after her hubby and son got home. He went to a course and Redpepper headed off to host the monthly poly meeting we attend. Her son and I hung out and did boy stuff with video games, light sabers and wrestling. Her husband came home and we hung out for a bit before I headed off to meet Lilo and some of our friends from the meetings, as well as a couple new to the group. They were very friendly and it was nice to see new people joining in to share.
I then stole a few minutes for hugs and kisses with Redpepper before heading home. Very cool. I love hanging with my chosen family even though they think I sometimes do too much. They have no idea :)

Take care, everyone.

Love and peace,
Mono

Stepping back from the forums is allowing me to explore a new medium of learning. I had a great talk with Redpepper about everything leading up to my online break, which goes back farther than most think. I am no artist, but have taken up my version of drawing (lol) and am excited to share graphic visualizations of things I have explained to her. She has a Master's Degree in Art Therapy and I look forward to her discussing meanings that perhaps I miss in my own drawings.

This is a period of journaling for me; bringing together what I have learned so far before diving into new depths of myself.

This is a positive time for both of us. We have learned a lot from the forums and will learn more, inevitably. We are happy and connected. She makes sure of this by dragging communication out of me sometimes. But I’m pretty willing when I chose to be. :rolleyes:

Thanks, Lilo. Your ever-listening ear and world of patience has saved me from travelling down dark paths time and time again. I used to get defensive when those around us would question the nature of our love, look to find flaw in a depth of connection they chose not to believe. I no longer do. I understand that those who question or can’t understand it are not motivated by genuine malice. They simply have no frame of reference to understand it.

You are my love, I am with my chosen family. Ultimately, being together as family is all that matters. :D:D

Peace and love,
Mono

Woohoo!! Tomorrow it a weekend away with chosen family and great friends! You should have seen the mental power Lilo put into the sleeping arrangements. It's hard not to feel loved by some one who strives for so much balance with her men :D:D

Oh yeah! Next month is our 1 year anniversary. Holy crap, I can't believe she put up with this mono vanilla cracker for so long!

Awesome! !

Back