NY Metro Area

LittleSara

Hey everyone!

I'm a 25 year old bi-sexual woman, settling into a polyamorous lifestyle... unfortunately I haven't found too many people who are open to both loving more than one person AND being honest about it... with ALL people involved... so if you have any recommendations for ways to meet others like us in the NY metro area, much appreciated!!

Thank you for creating a safe environment to grow!! <3

LittleSara

Donde??

Thanks for the reply and welcome!

Are the groups online somewhere? :confused: or on this forum? Still learning to navigate the Poly-world :eek:

Hi! I'm in Manhattan - and I see you're in NJ, where I grew up!

I just posted some info re NYC metro area here in this thread:
http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?p=108561&postcount=4

In general, I try to post announcements for this area (when I come across them) in the Meetings and Events forum.

There's a cocktail party once a month in the East Village. I haven't been to one of these in months, but there's a pre-Thanksgiving party next week (the 14th) and I am planning to go. The group is now planning the December bash, the Second Annual Holiday Party scheduled for Friday night, Dec. 16th. My first meeting with this group was last year's holiday party (their First Annual!) and I enjoyed it immensely.

Last edited:
Sounds great!

I checked out your thread, so excited to attend! I'm planning to go on the 14th... thanks so much!! :D

Hi LittleSara, thanks for letting me know about the event. I am very excited (although a little nervous, I will admit) to attend but I cannot wait to get more exposure to and knowledge of the polyamorous lifestyle :)

Hi LittleSara, thanks for letting me know about the event. I am very excited (although a little nervous, I will admit) to attend but I cannot wait to get more exposure to and knowledge of the polyamorous lifestyle :)

Hey Ashley, there really isn't anything called "the poly lifestyle" for you to learn about.

People just incorporate polyamory into their existing lifestyles and everyone has their own way of living it and approaching how to make it work. Keep reading this forum for more info, especially the New to Polyamory and General Discussion sections. Oh, and in the Golden Nuggets forum provides good resources for learning.

Last edited:
Hey Ashley, there really isn't anything called "the poly lifestyle" for you to learn about.

People just incorporate polyamory into their existing lifestyles and everyone has their own way of living it and approaching how to make it work. Keep reading this forum for more info, especially the New to Polyamory and General Discussion sections. Oh, and in the Golden Nuggets forum provides good resources for learning about how other people live polyamorously.

Eep, my mistake! I guess I am interested in how different people do just that: approach polyamory and make it work despite the potential for conflict, mainly jealousy. The more I can learn, the more I think I can find the way to make this work for my life and existing relationship.

Thank you for correcting me, I most certainly sound like I am brand new to the forum :eek: Haha.

People just incorporate polyamory into their existing lifestyles and everyone has their own way of living it and approaching how to make it work. Keep reading this forum for more info, especially the New to Polyamory and General Discussion sections. Oh, and in the Golden Nuggets forum provides good resources for learning.

Oh, eep. Sorry! I hope that is not a term that offends. Clearly I am very new here! I do appreciate you clarifying.

That is why I came here, though, to learn how people are able to successfully incorporate polyamory into their existing lives and relationships. I know that that is the only way that I will be able to find a way to incorporate it into my own.

No worries!

I'm sure the event will be a great way to get started!

Oh, eep. Sorry! I hope that is not a term that offends. Clearly I am very new here! I do appreciate you clarifying.

That is why I came here, though, to learn how people are able to successfully incorporate polyamory into their existing lives and relationships. I know that that is the only way that I will be able to find a way to incorporate it into my own.

No need to apologize. And clarification is what we're here for!

More about me?

Umm I kind of realized that I didn't say very much about myself...

How new am I... let's just say I'm still riding the high I felt when I first discovered :eek: that polyamory communities exist!! I'm not the only one!? Woohoo!

I can "conversationally" speak French, Spanish, Mandarin Chinese, and getting know a little bit more Greek & ASL. Languages = hobby for me. :p

I like to write poetry :D and starting to teach myself keyboard (this is going very slowly, :eek: i'd appreciate some help! haha...) so I can start writing songs. I love to sing... although not everyone loves to listen to it :eek: - too BAD! ;)

I also love health & fitness, love to work out, I go to circuit training classes on Tuesdays & Saturdays and (tres exciting!) I'm starting a pole dancing class on Wednesdays... :D We'll see how long that lasts, but should be a blast and I hear it's a great workout. I did Kundalini/Hatha yoga for 6 years, dream of being certified... but haven't done any lately, maybe I need a muse? haha

Also love massage therapy, I have a text book and a portable table but I need more bodies to practice on... someday I might get certified in that too... :rolleyes: lol but teaching myself is so FUN!

Blah blah tooting my own horn blah blah :rolleyes:

I'm independent, live on my own, support myself and... need to get my oil changed... damn I can't believe I forgot again!! :mad:

Very nice to meet you, ladies & gentlemen now let's have some fun.

Sheeeew that's a lot of smiley faces haha i'm getting silly after a long day... it happens a-lot. (Don't say I didn't warn you.)

Back