Polymatchmaker?

Hades36

Hey, has anyone ever used this site? What's it like? Is it lame?

It would be nice to meet some real live people that are polyamorous. I mean, this forum is awesome but meeting live people would be awesomer (is that a word? No? But I was an English teacher so I can say it IS a word and you just failed my class, Mr. Smith. Get out!);)

I have not had great luck in meeting people on Polymatchmaker. I'm opalescent there too. That said, I don't have photos on my profile and so I think that limits interest. Also, the number of people on the site at any one time is pretty small. Still the search options are pretty cool. I've also enjoyed the forums but they are not very active. Still, can't hurt!

I have a severe case of OkCupid-is-the-One-True-Wayism. And yeah, that's a word, too!

It's lame. Hate the interface, I find it is.. Ummm old. Okc has far more variety of poly people... Depending on your area.

Besides on okc you might find a curious mono. Where on polymatchmaker your subsection of people is badly limited.

But, wait, how do you get around the issue of the OKC profile being set up for just a man or woman? I mean, we're a couple looking to connect with people, not just me or her...:confused:

You could setup two profiles explaining yourself. Or one profile and select the preferred gender etc.

You are kinda stuck in that case I have to admit. Gotta get creative. When I was on there I listed my wife and she listed me I then listed my gf when it got really serious and she listed me. People who are poly friendly will follow the relationship trail ;)

Just put it right there in the introduction that you are married to 'PLove' and link it with her profile.

Last edited:
Oooh you listed eddie izzard as one of your favorites! *swoons*

Long Time ago -- In a Galaxy far far away.

Lets see we as a couple joined PMM end of 2000 (right around it's appearance on the internet).

PMM2000_2001.jpg

We found several like minded people there, formed relationships with several, and watched as those went by the wayside. Profiles there have been Lazaruslong - Waywarddruid - and still have one there as Hakiem.

We've also been on OK-Cupid for several years (also as Hakiem) and only had email contact with a few people there with no actual meetings face to face.

As we've grown older (and uglier in my case) we find it's more and more unlikely that poly love and relationships will come our way again on this circle. Wear and tear, years and miles, age and pounds just seem to limit ones avenues of finding love.

Young at heart and in ones mind doesn't always mean you'll find what you desire or are looking for.

But one can always hope and cheer for those around us. Perhaps you'll be one of the fortunate ones and find what you seek on PMM or OK-C. Just don't give up hope and keep on truckin.

Just Me,
Tim

I have not had much luck with either Polymatchmaker or OKC or with a newer poly site that seems even more limited than Polymatchmaker. I am trying to meet people (whether as friends or anything else) through polymunches, though I am kind of shy and don't do that great in a really large group. My hubby and I did meet his current friend with benefits via a polymunch.

Actually she is my friend too, but without the 'benefits' as she is completely straight.

I really would love to connect up with people who are easy to reach geographically, but seem to be traveling anywhere up to an hour or two with my current work location and life schedule.

We're fizzling out on the search, too :( Sundance went on many of the match sites, but those girls are SERIOUS about finding husbands, really! Sundance is extremely handsome, but it's risky putting a picture out there. For one thing, we are not out. He has listed himself as "separated" -- but we are definitely not, even though every time we hit a rocky patch with poly, we decide we are :confused:
A really pretty girl winked at him yesterday, but there is just no way he can pursue these women. We live in a small suburb; it would get around, could be a sticky mess. We're already panicking that this one may know who he is, as she says she likes working out, and Sundance belongs to several gyms around here. He tried looking for women at least an hour away -- but then that makes getting together very difficult. I am sorry, I think for now he is just stuck with me, feeling resentful that I have someone else and he doesn't. It sucks. I keep hoping someone will just "come along." Frustrating. :mad:

Love the coinage ;) (I'm an English major too).

But, wait, how do you get around the issue of the OKC profile being set up for just a man or woman? I mean, we're a couple looking to connect with people, not just me or her...:confused:

OKC okayed couples profiles some time ago. When I was last active on the site months ago, the directive came down from the staff to those of us active on the mods board that couples profiles were now OK. You should haven't any problem placing one, though you'll have to choose where to put it carefully to get a good response.

Back