Hello.

snlawesome

Hey there, I've been lurking around here for a few weeks. I'm not sure I'm poly, or that my husband is, but I'm interested in learning more and thought instead of lurking I would say hello

Hello and Welcome!

Read. Learn. Enjoy.

...and when you are ready - Share.

JaneQ

Hi snlawesome,

I'm very late in contributing my welcome, but ... welcome.

It is cool that you are making a point to learn more about poly, even if you're not sure (yet) whether it's right for you. Knowledge is a good thing, right? So I'm glad you're here.

I hope you enjoy your stay here, and let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Kevin T.

I finally have time for a better intro. I'm L (wife) and my husband is S. We live in Ohio. We've been married for 6 years, and involved in swinging for almost 2 years. But, even when we first started swinging I was more interested in having a "relationship" than just random sex partners. He was not as much open to that idea, but is thinking about it more lately. The way it stands now is that I am open to him having a girlfriend, who is possibly interested in us both as a triad (I'm still learning alot of your poly lingo lol). But I am not opposed to it just being him being in a V either. He is not open to me having a relationship with another male though. We do have threesomes with single males, but he is not ready for me to have a relationship away from him and may never be. Which I admit I have some trouble accepting right now. So that's where we are right now. Just talking, reading alot here and other places, and trying to figure out exactly how in the world we find a person/people to add to our relationship :)

I suppose you can always try our Dating & Friendships subforum for starters. It sounds like you might have some rough patches on the road ahead as you figure out your boundaries and what you can live with. S has set a rule, no relationships with other males, and you'll have to decide how you feel about that.

Perhaps just writing out your feelings (such as on Polyamory.com) will be helpful. Let us know what we can do to help.

Exactly, which is why it is all talking and thinking right now and not actively seeking anything. Reading about other peoples issues helps us think about things we didn't even think of on our own.

I think you are taking a wise route, taking things slow, and talking through things as you go along. A lot of what you read (and post) on Polyamory.com will prove helpful to you, it will help you sort out your thoughts and be informed.

Respects and regards,
Kevin T.

Back