Other successful triads out there??

Danny40179

So I write this post because there's so much hardship on these boards. I know that it is a part of the process, but sometimes you wanna read the good stuff right?? I know I do! :)

So, my wife and I have been together for 12 years, married for 7, and have had a live in gf for 2. Our family is AMAZING and there are times when I'm amazed at how well we all work together. We all sleep in the same bed, take care of each other, and basically live as very happily married...triple. :D

I wanna know if there are any other triad success stories like ours out there!! I know there are a few "V" relationships and that's AWESOME!! Guess I just wanted to see if there were any other families like ours out there. :D

I know of one extremelly successful triad locally. I'm dating one of the male members :D and am friends with the other male and female and their kids, lol.

Right now I'm living with primary, dating Possibility (part of the triad), my primary is feeling out the vibes with another female and has an ongoing fwb arrangement with someone else.

We are all very happy with this arrangement.

I'm not totally sure about primary's other female and know where I stand with fwb but the main people in this alphabet soup are quite happy with the arrangement we currently have.

Thank you Ariakas!! :D

Breathesgirl, I'm not sure I followed who's with who, but you're all happy and that's ALL that matters!! :D Kudos and good luck!

Thanks for the positive post. We would have been a lot more successful if my husband had been honest from the begining. But we're headed in a good direction and I have hopes for the future.

I wanna know if there are any other triad success stories like ours out there!! I know there are a few "V" relationships and that's AWESOME!! Guess I just wanted to see if there were any other families like ours out there. :D

I don't really know if my family should be called triad or V or whatever relationship, because I never cared much for such labels (in fact I only found out a few months ago that there was actually a term for our lifestyle at all). I love my boyfriend and I have sex with him. And I love his wife to whom I have an intimate relationship which is in no way a sexual one whatsoever. And our children are loved and raised by all three of us equally. So everyone is responsible for the relationship in the same way and has to interact with both partners - thus you may call it a triad in that way, though a V in the sexual sense. Now with my new boyfriend added I wouldn't know how to call this special constellation (probably that's what you'd call an N?!), so I prefer just to state that we're all happy with it ;)

I don't really know if my family should be called triad or V or whatever relationship, because I never cared much for such labels (in fact I only found out a few months ago that there was actually a term for our lifestyle at all). I love my boyfriend and I have sex with him. And I love his wife to whom I have an intimate relationship which is in no way a sexual one whatsoever. And our children are loved and raised by all three of us equally. So everyone is responsible for the relationship in the same way and has to interact with both partners - thus you may call it a triad in that way, though a V in the sexual sense. Now with my new boyfriend added I wouldn't know how to call this special constellation (probably that's what you'd call an N?!), so I prefer just to state that we're all happy with it ;)

I agree, that labels don't always work for everyone, but for it's just a lil easier, ya know?? :) Like you said, all that matters is that everyone in your family is HAPPY!! That's what I wanna see!! :D Thanks for sharing your story!

Thanks for the positive post. We would have been a lot more successful if my husband had been honest from the begining. But we're headed in a good direction and I have hopes for the future.

As they say, honesty is the best policy, but everyone's gotta learn that on their own. ;) I'm glad that things are turning around and heading in the right direction. :) Good luck and keep us posted!

Wasn't even aware that there was a name for our 'lifestyle' until a few months ago; we were just figuring thing out on our own.

We've been a trio (triad? whatever the term is...) for about 20 years, so I guess that would count as successful. One daughter who's now struggling through early college. We own (along with some loaning agency) a house, and with three modest incomes are managing to stay ahead of the tide. Everyone has their own room, chores are handled by those who do them best (I don't cook, because otherwise we'd eat out all the time) and although there have been some uncertain times, overall we're generally happy.

Wasn't even aware that there was a name for our 'lifestyle' until a few months ago; we were just figuring thing out on our own.

We've been a trio (triad? whatever the term is...) for about 20 years, so I guess that would count as successful. One daughter who's now struggling through early college. We own (along with some loaning agency) a house, and with three modest incomes are managing to stay ahead of the tide. Everyone has their own room, chores are handled by those who do them best (I don't cook, because otherwise we'd eat out all the time) and although there have been some uncertain times, overall we're generally happy.

That's awesome Edward!! 20 years!!! Kudos to all three of you for being together so long and making this work. I do have one question. You said that you all have your own rooms? What are the sleeping arrangements like? Scheduled nights? These questions come purely out of curiosity and if you'd rather not answer, you absolutely don't have to. :)

Scheduling is handled by the distaff members (legal wife and common-law wife, A and A2, whatever...). We've found that works better and avoids any feelings of 'being rejected' or 'favored'. (The two are sisterly in their relations; they don't always get along, but they always manage to work things out.) The family joke is that harem slaves are expensive and hard to find...

We sleep separately; I'm a very restless sleeper and they find it hard to get any rest if I'm sleeping with them. 'Relations' are generally one-on-one, with exceptions for special occasions (such as birthdays).

Thanks for clarifying and congratulations on such a long and successful relationship. :)

So I write this post because there's so much hardship on these boards. I know that it is a part of the process, but sometimes you wanna read the good stuff right?? I know I do! :)

So, my wife and I have been together for 12 years, married for 7, and have had a live in gf for 2. Our family is AMAZING and there are times when I'm amazed at how well we all work together. We all sleep in the same bed, take care of each other, and basically live as very happily married...triple. :D

My husband and my wife and I have been together over 22 years 8 kids equal we are all in one relationship

I have been in a V (emotional triad -- kitchen table) since 2006. 17 years and we're going strong.

Back