Tats & Piercings?

photo.php

So all this time on the board and I still dont know how to put pics up on this thread. :( So you all will have to go to Face book link:p

Maca

Thanks guys.

I hope LR and E like it... Cant really erase it :eek:

I sent a pic of it to my Dad he loved it and he knew that its was done for him. Of course he said "you didnt have to do that" I was like " yeah no shit Dad, I wanted to do it" :D He is so dam cool

Maca

I'm so vanilla it hurts. I look like that frumpy mom in your kid's class who smiles politely but doesn't talk much.

I had my nipples pierced just before Christmas and I loved it. It hurt like H*LL and after the first one I wasn't at all sure I wanted to continue, but I felt committed and I couldn't stand the thought of being lopsided. I scared my partners to death because a short time after the piercings I stopped hurting--no pain AT ALL--and got very tired, then passed out. Gotta love endorphins, apparently.

After a couple of months I was visiting a different piercer to buy jewelry--my piercer doesn't do it professionally anymore--and she talked me into removing one of my piercings because it was "too deep". She said I could have it re-pierced in a few weeks. It's been five months and I'm going NUTS--I really can't stand only having one piercing. But my piercer says he will repierce me, and he's a very close friend (almost family) and I feel guilty not having more faith in him, so I'm trying to wait until he has time. Have I mentioned it's making me crazy?

I have my left ear pierced twice and my right ear once. I wear solid hoops that I don't remove, and I'd like to get more piercings. I originally wanted belly button, but my friends talked me out of it because it apparently has a high rate of rejection and infection. I want my nose pierced. I want an eyebrow pierced.

I have no tattoos, because I have psoriasis and I worry about having an outbreak. But I want tattoos, quite a lot. I want tattoos to symbolize my children. For Monkey, I want a sweet pea, because she's always been my sweet pea, or a wolf, which is her totem animal. For Moose, I'd like a kanji or a dragonfly, because he's into Japanese and also because Libelula (spanish for dragonfly) is the name of his first sword. I want a crow because they're symbolic for me. I want a pansy because I think they're the most beautiful flower in the world, especially Georgia O'Keefe's Black Pansy. I want a fairy Eeyore because I'm a Disneyphile and it speaks to me. I would love to have a tattoo for Easy, but I don't know what. I would consider in the future a tattoo for Asha. I'm not sure about a tattoo for Sunday, to whom I feel committed but unsure.

Easy has one tattoo, an outline of his magical symbol.

Asha has a tattoo for each of her children, which are very personal so I won't describe them right now. She has a Scorpio tattoo on her leg for herself and her mother. Funny thing is that there are three scorpions and Monkey is a scorpio. Asha has a beatiful mural on her thigh of manatees. Her tattoo artist is a true artist, and if we can lure him to the state we might get some tattoos from him.

Sunday is also without tattoos.

I had my nose pierced once... but that didn't last long as it was done by a well-meaning but rather inebriated punk dude and didn't go so well with lots of blood and whatnot. Still have a little hole visible.

Want tattoos but never quite seem to get around to it. Have promised myself that when I'm back down to 15st (pre-giving-up-smoking weight) I'll get the Prydonian Seal* tattoo I've wanted since I was 18.

*It's a Doctor Who thing. Yes, I am that much of a geek.

L and I have almost completed our quest for our next tattoos. We are both going to get the polyamory symbol of the heart with the infinity symbol in it. Mine will have dragons on each side, and be more tribal in appearance, while L's will be more feminine with the colors pink and blue. We will picture them when we get them in a few weeks and post the pics here if we can. ;)

Wow, that peacock feather is just gorgeous! Is there any significance behind that tattoo or the birds on your back?

Wow, that peacock feather is just gorgeous! Is there any significance behind that tattoo or the birds on your back?

The peacock feather reminds me that I can be beautiful sometimes :eek:, and to feel proud of myself, the purple flowers are Alliums which along with the blue fern leaves are favourite plants of mine.

The swallows on my back represent freedom (flight), my love of swallow/martins/swifts as such amazing birds, and tenaciousness - swallows are tiny birds who fly from the UK to South Africa and back every year.

There are some wonderfully beautiful tattoos in here!
I'm more of a "natural" kind of person, so I'm not into body art (piercings, tattoos, etc) because I feel they kind of "hide" my natural self... If I'm making sense. I'm more one to like the natural "art" things, like freckles, scars, etc, especially when they have a history.

But I can definitely appreciate tats on other people, especially those with a deep meaning and history.

One of my things with tats is the definitiveness of them. I think I could definitely go with some body art that I know will fade away, and appreciate them while they're here, knowing they won't last... if that makes sense?

I'm wondering if you know of any non-permanent body art that wouldn't look cheap, or if it's best not to do anything at all? Using something like a stamp kind of defeats the point of "this is unique and temporary and I want to appreciate it while it's there because then it will be gone forever", but if painting it on myself there are many places I can't reach...
Maybe I could make my own stamp and use it only once?

I don't know if you can help me in any way, considering your tats are permanent, and I don't even know if non-permanent ones have a bad reputation or something (since you don't commit to them like you do with regular tats) but I thought I'd ask, maybe you guys can help me?

More specific comment: I love the wrist tattoos. I first thought they were on two people: one with the lock, one with the key, but then I read the meaning and liked it even more.

One of my things with tats is the definitiveness of them. I think I could definitely go with some body art that I know will fade away, and appreciate them while they're here, knowing they won't last... if that makes sense?

I'm wondering if you know of any non-permanent body art that wouldn't look cheap, or if it's best not to do anything at all? Using something like a stamp kind of defeats the point of "this is unique and temporary and I want to appreciate it while it's there because then it will be gone forever", but if painting it on myself there are many places I can't reach...
Maybe I could make my own stamp and use it only once?

Maybe look up henna artists. I think its lasts about a week and the artists can do some amazing work. The colouring is...less, at least in the art I have seen. But it is similar to temp tatoos with texture and they last longer. Its also kind of ritualistic if you are into that.

Sometimes growing up in a hippy town has its advantages

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henna

I have heard of henna, and all I've seen was beautiful. I can definitely see getting a henna tattoo for special occasion. Kind of a special outfit, but for my skin.
Thanks for the suggestion!

Just jumping in... I used to have a lot more piercings (cheeks, snake bites, angel, and eyebrow), but now just have my lobes (once, 14G) and one industrial in the left ear (also 14G).

As for tats... I have the Japanese kanji for forever/eternity (eien) under my left collar bone (I usually say "forever and ever" to my husband and he says "and ever and ever"), the snake zodiac (modeled after Nuregami in the video game Okami) on my right shoulder, and a kappa (Japanese mythology, a "water sprite," which has water in the bowl of its head and the kappa can die if the water spills out) picking up trash on my left calf (side of calf, not back). :D

61334_1471019893575_1175940109_31164267_1423170_n.jpg

62412_1471018573542_1175940109_31164266_6550079_n.jpg

61007_1471016133481_1175940109_31164262_7890023_n.jpg

The calf one isn't that faded, my flash just really shines on my pasty legs, LOL.

Last edited:
Back