Stripping

Ya know...that just got me thinking about one of the burlesque shows I worked on. This one had a real diverse spread of people..from pin-up types to drag queens to people with obvious disabilities performing...It was a long standing troupe that had a fairly large following of freaks and misfits (affectionately self-labeled by the fans). I just loved the open loving atmosphere those shows had. There really was a sense of community and a place for people who had a harder time finding places like that. That was a great place for people to come out of isolation. I hope to get to perform with them again.

This is true. I find such connections with such people in other places these days.

Well, yes so do I. Haven't been anywhere near a stripbar in YEARS. Not one in our town anyway. But that wasn't my point. :)

I prefer to meet people on my level now-instead of "saving" people. But there was a lot more going on in those places then the "unitiated" ever knew-and I'm not talking about sex. :p

One of the things my wife loved about that work was reaching out to people who were lonely. She often talked about that aspect of it.

LR, she also said that it was a blast! After a similar number of years, she did get kind of burned out on it, though. Most folks were nice enough, but those that weren't were really bad. And you're right, it's hard to keep your head straight sometimes, and lots of women in that business don't seem to be able to manage it. There were a lot of alcoholics and drug addicts, or just people who were messed up in other ways. Those that had their act together were the rare ones, and they usually had kids.

Interesting comment about there being many poly people in various types of sex work. She saw that too.

And anybody who can help dispel some of that loneliness for a bit is doing a good thing. Somebody can be at home by themselves or go someplace for a bit of human presence; I can attest the latter is sometimes a godsend. There were times that I could order a pizza to eat at home or go eat pizza at a restaurant and get a bit of interaction with other people--and the restaurant won. No Hooters (nor even a strip club) in my hometown, and becoming a regular at a restaurant was one way to enjoy some regular interaction.

Dispelling loneliness is going to a homeless shelter and talking with someone who has no friends or taking a buddy who's just been dumped out for a drink. Stripping is profiting from loneliness. And in the end (these are just my opinions) everyone ends up a little lonelier because it wasn't a pure interaction. It was about sex and money. Maybe I'm generalizing, but that's what every trip to a strip club has seemed like to me.

That said, whatever gets you through the night...

I have no personal background in stripping other than for those I'm in a relationship with.

Also, I would add, I do not judge strippers who strip for the joy of showing their lovely bodies and the energy of it.

But I have several friends who strip because, quite frankly, they are lazy and don't want to work a 9-5 anything, even though they CAN get fairly good jobs.

So I would say I think stripping is wonderful if done for the right reason. The right reason maybe need, joy, exercize, relationship...

But laziness is the wrong reason. And I've found most of those who do it out of laziness wind up in other areas of sexual 'preformance' that are much less safe and moral than stripping.

I know I must sound judgemental here. I'm not trying to be. I love strippers and would enjoy paying for a lap dance. So I'm in no way trying to be a 'holier than thou'.

I just think that many of the women I personally have met from that profession have a whole host of other things in their lives that lead to problems with the lifestyle of sexual arts.

Also, I would add, I do not judge strippers who strip for the joy of showing their lovely bodies and the energy of it.
So I would say I think stripping is wonderful if done for the right reason. The right reason maybe need, joy, exercize, relationship...
But laziness is the wrong reason. And I've found most of those who do it out of laziness wind up in other areas of sexual 'preformance' that are much less safe and moral than stripping.
I know I must sound judgemental here. I'm not trying to be. I love strippers and would enjoy paying for a lap dance. So I'm in no way trying to be a 'holier than thou'.
I just think that many of the women I personally have met from that profession have a whole host of other things in their lives that lead to problems with the lifestyle of sexual arts.

I didn't think that there was anything judgmental about your post! I thought it was right on!

Dispelling loneliness is going to a homeless shelter and talking with someone who has no friends or taking a buddy who's just been dumped out for a drink. Stripping is profiting from loneliness. And in the end (these are just my opinions) everyone ends up a little lonelier because it wasn't a pure interaction. It was about sex and money.

This is exactly my issue with the industry. Not with strippers or people who work in the industry, but with the industry itself.

Ceoli said:
...because you do take on a character and a persona when performing and that character takes on a bit more weight to your performance. And you never really lose the sense that you're looking at a performance about sexuality.

The strippers that make a real career out of it and do well have mastered precisely what you mention here.

Violet has been stripping on and off since I met her just over a year ago. In a strip club. I got hit on and picked up by a dancer at work in the club, which isn't supposed to happen, and it's the best relationship either of us has ever had, lol. Lana has also 'danced' on and off for a couple of years. My last ex was also on and off with it for 7 years and counting. I have several good friends and couple of other exes in a couple of states who either have in the past or still do. Violet and Lana both plan to go back next year - they miss it, lol.

I think it's sad that so many people have such a negative view of the industry and the (mostly) women in it. I love strip clubs, always have. I love strippers, always have. I find that the stereotypes are silly - sure, there may be a larger percentage of girls with issues or drug problems, but fenerally the types of girls you find in a club are exactly the same as you'd find in any office - literally. Okay - not true - there's definitely a higher average as far as looks go, lol.

But really - in the clubs you meet the same types as anywhere else. Damncatfish says he sees the face of his ex on every girl - that's absurd! The pain, etc - pardon me, but what a crock! Sure - some of them, very true. Just like you see in the faces of girls in the mall or walking down any street. What about the ones who find it empowering? Fun? Exciting? Good for their self esteem? It's all about the mindset the girl starts with - again - just like anyone else doing anything else. Same goes for patrons - walk in with the idea that you're going to walk out with a girlfriend or a date or a hookup, and you're walking in with the wrong mindset (my experience notwithstanding, lol). Walk in to have fun and have beautiful women pay attention to you in exchange for a few dollars here & there - right idea. And it can absolutely be good for lonely people - again - walk in with the right mindset, and wait to talk to the right girl to have the interaction that works best for you as a patron.

Last edited:
Damncatfish says he sees the face of his ex on every girl - that's absurd! The pain, etc - pardon me, but what a crock! Sure - some of them, very true. Just like you see in the faces of girls in the mall or walking down any street. What about the ones who find it empowering? Fun? Exciting? Good for their self esteem? It;s all aout the mindset the girl starts with - again - just like anyone else doing anything else.

sorry man. again, i don't mean to generalize. this is just my experience. it may just be my personal issues i'm bringing to the table. but that's what i felt. and you're right that you can have that same experience walking down any street. i just find it more prevalent in strip clubs.

Back